Windows 10: mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer (Windows 10)

Discus and support mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer (Windows 10) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On Friday 14 June 2019, after saving File History, I attempted to check whether there were any errors or problems. I got the error message "mmc could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelPuk, Jun 15, 2019.

1. mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer (Windows 10)

On Friday 14 June 2019, after saving File History, I attempted to check whether there were any errors or problems. I got the error message

"mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer".

After googling and binging this problem I found that there have been many instances of it being reported between 2010 and June 2019. For some reason the threads are locked. No wonder - it is such a common error!

I replicated the problem on my Surface Pro 2.

Both my machines currently are on Windows 10 Pro version 1803 build 17134.829.

Now, what strikes me as odd is that the problem occurred after the cumulative update KB4503286 of patch Tuesday on 12 June 2019.

Looking at the numerous patent "cures" in this instance I would suggest that the problem is likely to go away by backing out that update. Or perhaps Microsoft will even fix the problem - again.

:)

MichaelPuk, Jun 15, 2019
  2. commonone Win User

MMC - Could not create the Snap-in

Having Windows 10 Version 1703 64-based on a HP Laptop.

Tried to install gpedit.msc, but continuously have error message

'MMC could not create the snap-in'

with 'CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}'

Have tried trolling Google with all suggestions

1) sfc /scannow - with no issues found

2) https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=M...&ie=UTF-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=LtR9Wa3jAoifgAbtg5rIAw

3) Fix for MMC could not create snap-in for Group Policy Object editor at Multiplay Labs

4) Enable/Disable Group Policy in Windows Xp from cmd or Regedit

5) http://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-mmc-could-not-create-the-snap-in/

Where one suggests to delete the 'CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}' in the registry to create a new clsid on reboot/restart, I cannot delete it as it returns as an error.

Have installed the gpedit.msc on my Tablet with no issues with same gpedit download.

Any clues

commonone, Jun 15, 2019
  3. MMC could not create the snap-in.

Sir, my windows defender has stopped because of some antivirus installed automatically. I have uninstalled it. And my windows defender has not startrd again. Its showing it is disabled by the group policy for which i have to do many steps. And on running
    gpedit.msc it shows " mmc could not create the snap-in". Only this.. Not any error name.

Please help me with this.

[Moved from Windows 10]

divyaagarwal_07, Jun 15, 2019
  4. mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer (Windows 10)

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer (Windows 10)

1. mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - mmc create snap

2. MMC could not create the snap-in on Windows 11/10 [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    MMC could not create the snap-in on Windows 11/10 [Fix]: [IMG]Snap-ins are the components that make up consoles and are managed by MMC (Microsoft Management Console). Some users are experiencing an MMC error when opening programs like Task Scheduler, Event Viewer, Device Manager, Group Policy Editor, etc. In this article, we...
  3. How can I Fix The "MMC could not create a snap in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I Fix The "MMC could not create a snap in": So I was just playing a game then suddenly my PC lagged and the blue screen Appeared "Sorry But your pc run into a problem, pls wait while we fix it" it said some thing Like that, but after restarting my pc I runned into some problems. MMC Could not create a Snap-in Went to...
  4. How can I Fix The "MMC could not create a snap in"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I Fix The "MMC could not create a snap in": So I was just playing a game then suddenly my PC lagged and the blue screen Appeared "Sorry But your pc run into a problem, pls wait while we fix it" it said some thing Like that, but after restarting my pc I runned into some problems. MMC Could not create a Snap-in Went to...
  5. How can I Fix The "MMC could not create a snap in"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. MMC could not create snap-in file in backup history file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MMC could not create snap-in file in backup history file: Hello, Weekly Windows 10 backups have been done on an external disk, until it had a fatal hardware error. Switched backups to hard drive D and backups are working fine. However, I noticed that when I access the backup history file, to delete previous backups, there is a...
  7. MMC could not create snap-in file in backup history file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MMC could not create snap-in file in backup history file: Hello, Weekly Windows 10 backups have been done on an external disk, until it had a fatal hardware error. Switched backups to hard drive D and backups are working fine. However, I noticed that when I access the backup history file, to delete previous backups, there is a...
  8. Windows 10 Pro MMC could not create Snap-in. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro MMC could not create Snap-in. Event Viewer: Hello! I have Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.18363, Build 18363. I recently started having problems with my BT headphones disconnecting every couple of minutes so I went to check the even viewer only to receive this message screenshot below. Event Viewer was fine about 6...
  9. MMC could not create the snap-in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MMC could not create the snap-in: Event viewer desapir in my laptop, i check the turnthe Microsoft.net Framwork,then in the registry i did the HKEY_LOCAL_MECHINE\Software\MICROSOFT\MMC\Snapinsvinside snapins search for the error number specified in CLSID,diddn't work,then Idid sfc /scannow, then scan with...
  10. MMC could not create the snap-in

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC could not create the snap-in: When I try to access Windows Firewall Advanced Settings I get an error:"MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly."I have followed instructions on various forums attempting to fix, such as:deleting the relevant registry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mmc cannot create the event viewer

2. how to reload snap in event viewer windows 10

3. mmc could not create snap-in windows 10

4. reinstall event viewer mmc snapin windows 10,
  5. windows 10 firewall mmc error,
  6. mmc could not create the snap in event viewer,
  7. win 10 mmc cannot create the snap-in Event viewer,
  8. windows 10 event viewer mmc could not create the snap-in,
  9. windows 10 mmc has detected a snap in error,
  10. mmc loading snap-in,
  11. error message mmc could not install snap Windows 10 June 2019,