Windows 10: MMC crashing during certain functions

Discus and support MMC crashing during certain functions in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 as a host for a Hyper V guest for Ubuntu 14.04 I changed the bootloader on the Linux guest and rebooted. It wouldn't come back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by iburnthings, Feb 11, 2016.

1. MMC crashing during certain functions

I'm using Windows 10 as a host for a Hyper V guest for Ubuntu 14.04
    I changed the bootloader on the Linux guest and rebooted. It wouldn't come back up.
    So I attempted to attach the Ubuntu ISO and boot from the disk so I could change the bootloader config back.

When I right click on the virtual machine and click settings it crashes with
    MMC console is not responding and windows is checking for solutions.

I go to the event viewer and I click the 'details' tab on any event, same thing.

The computer starts rebooting like crazy and giving me blue screens. I used the windows recovery to roll back to a previous state. Weird noises were reported to be coming from the monitor speakers.
    Now it boots but I'm having the same issue.

Rebooted into safe mode and got an elevated command prompt.
    sfc /scannow No integrity violations found.

rebooted again, no network connection.. teamviewer didn't start on it's own. Now I'm locked out until someone reboots the box for me.

:)

iburnthings, Feb 11, 2016

2. My NOKIA 3110c crash

can you remove the mmc from phone and then install it seperately using a mmc reader and hen place the same mmc and see weather it still crashes or plays properly.

navigator---01, Feb 11, 2016
  3. PC crashing during certain games

Hi,

• Do you receive any error message?
    This could be due to corrupted/outdated/missing display driver.

I would request you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display driver available for the same computer model as you have.

Also, check for any pending Windows updates. Install those updates if pending.

a. Type Settings in search bar and click it

b. Click Update & Security

c. Check for updates

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Feb 11, 2016
  4. MMC crashing during certain functions

System does not crash in safe mode.. however teamviewer just did. /sigh
    My brother started up teamviewer for me.

elevated command prompt in safe mode
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

temporary file E:\C:\USERS\...... could not be created.

I edited my environment variables.. E:\ was added before %USERPROFILE% so it was spitting back an impossible folder name. Running the DISM tool now.

iburnthings, Feb 11, 2016
Thema:

MMC crashing during certain functions

1. MMC crashing during certain functions - Similar Threads - MMC crashing during

2. Computer crashes during certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during certain games: Hi, I have been having trouble trying to get my computer to stop crashing/forced restarts. This only occurs when playing certain games, like recent MMO's and it take can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours for it to happen. I ran driver verifier and caused it to...
  3. Computer crashes during certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes during certain games: Hi, I have been having trouble trying to get my computer to stop crashing/forced restarts. This only occurs when playing certain games, like recent MMO's and it take can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours for it to happen. I ran driver verifier and caused it to...
  4. Certain Websites Do Not Function Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Websites Do Not Function Properly: I will open major websites such as YouTube, Gmail, Netflix, and Outlook, and they refuse to function properly.YouTube buffers every 2 seconds, even though I have a stable internet connection 200mbps down and upNetflix will not play any show.Gmail and Outlook won't let me log...
  5. Certain Websites Do Not Function Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain Websites Do Not Function Properly: I will open major websites such as YouTube, Gmail, Netflix, and Outlook, and they refuse to function properly.YouTube buffers every 2 seconds, even though I have a stable internet connection 200mbps down and upNetflix will not play any show.Gmail and Outlook won't let me log...
  6. MMC download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MMC download: I recently purchased The MCC master chief collection from the microsoft store and it will download a couple hundred MB but then it stops and an error is displayed and will restart at 0% and the download stops Then will restart at 0% is there a way to get it to DL or should I...
  7. Keyboard on laptop not registering certain function

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard on laptop not registering certain function: My keyboard when im typing is either A) randomly deciding to type another letter twice for example typing (caat, instead of cat) as well as skip letters. B) when I use the Win + a letter such as D or L, it doesn't work, but I can do Win + R for run? I tried going to the...
  8. PC Keeps crashing during certain games. Event ID 10110

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Keeps crashing during certain games. Event ID 10110: Computer keeps crashing during certain games, like "Apex Legends" and "A Plague Tale". Other games run just fine, like "Gears 5", "Hellblade", "Battlefield" and "Forza". The PC also runs fine while in other applications like Blender, entire Adobe Suite, and day-to-day tasks....
  9. MMC issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MMC issue: I cannot open MMC because of "not enough memory resources available ...". This problem showed up suddenly and the MMC applets don’t want to run. This is the only problem, everything else is working without any problems...
  10. MMC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MMC: hello what browser works best for this because edge doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc/d553460a-e3d3-4958-be63-cd917b806ffc