Windows 10: MMC detects error in a snap-in

Discus and support MMC detects error in a snap-in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, I am running a HP All-in-One 23-g017c, Windows 10 Home 64-bit Operating system. A few hours ago I was trying to open my Event Viewer to check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 2harts4ever, Jun 12, 2019.

1. MMC detects error in a snap-in

Howdy,

I am running a HP All-in-One 23-g017c, Windows 10 Home 64-bit Operating system.

A few hours ago I was trying to open my Event Viewer to check on something and discovered the following problem. I clicked on my Component Services like I always do. I then clicked on Event Viewer and then clicked on Custom Views and that is when I got the following message:

"MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it"

Any ideas or thoughts? *Huh

Thanks and regards,

:)

2harts4ever, Jun 12, 2019
  2. abrogard Win User

How To Fix MMC Error "detected error in snap in..." ?

I am trying to disable Cortana.

In the GPE I go to edit "Cortana" and I get a message that MMC has detected an error in a snap-in.

Found a fix on the web that involved adding to the system path.

But it hasn't worked.

Anyone got any ideas? hopefully.......

abrogard, Jun 12, 2019
  3. commonone Win User
    MMC - Could not create the Snap-in

Having Windows 10 Version 1703 64-based on a HP Laptop.

Tried to install gpedit.msc, but continuously have error message

'MMC could not create the snap-in'

with 'CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}'

Have tried trolling Google with all suggestions

1) sfc /scannow - with no issues found

2) https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=M...&ie=UTF-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=LtR9Wa3jAoifgAbtg5rIAw

3) Fix for MMC could not create snap-in for Group Policy Object editor at Multiplay Labs

4) http://computerstepbystep.com/group_policy_windows_xp.html

5) http://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-mmc-could-not-create-the-snap-in/

Where one suggests to delete the 'CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}' in the registry to create a new clsid on reboot/restart, I cannot delete it as it returns as an error.

Have installed the gpedit.msc on my Tablet with no issues with same gpedit download.

Any clues

commonone, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

MMC detects error in a snap-in

When i used the MDT, error occurred that "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it"

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how important
    Microsoft Deployment Toolkit is for you and you want this to work as expected. You can check this article

"MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it" error message when you try to launch VAMT 3.0 on a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer
    and check if you find this article helpful and if it works for you.

However, as the issue is with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on the issues with Deployment to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

MMC detects error in a snap-in

1. MMC detects error in a snap-in - Similar Threads - MMC detects error

2. MMC cannot initialize the snap-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MMC cannot initialize the snap-in: I can press windows+R and enter hit type gpedit.msc after that I can open any file it shows MMC cannot initialize the snap-in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc-cannot-initialize-the-snap-in/e6a3d9d3-2e03-45ba-8c32-355042e4374a
  3. MMC cannot initialize the snap-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MMC cannot initialize the snap-in: I can press windows+R and enter hit type gpedit.msc after that I can open any file it shows MMC cannot initialize the snap-in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc-cannot-initialize-the-snap-in/e6a3d9d3-2e03-45ba-8c32-355042e4374a
  4. Windows 2012 R2 MMC snap-in unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2012 R2 MMC snap-in unavailable.: We have Windows 2012 R2 and Exchange 2013 setup. After recent upgrade to Exchange message queue mmc snap-in stopped working in Exchange Toolbox.See errors below:I have tried googling the answer but there is not much about this particular issue.Has anyone come across something...
  5. Windows 2012 R2 MMC snap-in unavailable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 2012 R2 MMC snap-in unavailable.: We have Windows 2012 R2 and Exchange 2013 setup. After recent upgrade to Exchange message queue mmc snap-in stopped working in Exchange Toolbox.See errors below:I have tried googling the answer but there is not much about this particular issue.Has anyone come across something...
  6. mmc snap-in task schedular

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mmc snap-in task schedular: so i was trying to get my anti malware service executable fixed for using high disk but this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc-snap-in-task-schedular/8b49a0d3-4a7e-4481-aec2-4aea5bf41f3c
  7. When i used the MDT, error occurred that "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i used the MDT, error occurred that "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will...: When I used the MDT tool, the following error occurred when I selected the Windows PE settings in the Deployment share property,it said:“MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it” When i update the MDT Deployment Share,finally the following error occurred...
  8. MMC could not create the snap-in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MMC could not create the snap-in: Event viewer desapir in my laptop, i check the turnthe Microsoft.net Framwork,then in the registry i did the HKEY_LOCAL_MECHINE\Software\MICROSOFT\MMC\Snapinsvinside snapins search for the error number specified in CLSID,diddn't work,then Idid sfc /scannow, then scan with...
  9. How To Fix MMC Error "detected error in snap in..." ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Fix MMC Error "detected error in snap in..." ?: I am trying to disable Cortana. In the GPE I go to edit "Cortana" and I get a message that MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. Found a fix on the web that involved adding to the system path. But it hasn't worked. Anyone got any ideas? hopefully....... 127587
  10. MMC could not create the snap-in

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC could not create the snap-in: When I try to access Windows Firewall Advanced Settings I get an error:"MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly."I have followed instructions on various forums attempting to fix, such as:deleting the relevant registry...