Windows 10: MMC errors, Net framework errors from Windows 10 1903 features update March 2021

Discus and support MMC errors, Net framework errors from Windows 10 1903 features update March 2021 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I connect to the internet thru PDAnet.It won't seem to work in wi-fi mode lately so I've been tethering thru USB which was working fairly well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hakman22, Mar 5, 2021.

1. hakman22 Win User

MMC errors, Net framework errors from Windows 10 1903 features update March 2021

Hi,
    I connect to the internet thru PDAnet.It won't seem to work in wi-fi mode lately so I've been tethering thru USB which was working fairly well until yesterday.
    Now, it disconnects in anywhere from 10 seconds to a couple minutes even though it still says connected which makes it real hard to open webpages! Losing money as my crypto trading platforms are so behind I can't tell what the actually price is at any moment. Also if I type 27.00 in the price box I get 2.007 and pasting a number in works sometimes, is delayed sometimes, posts just a "." or does nothing at all.

I tried reinstalling pdanet 3 versions that I have on phone and pc but keep geting a popup saying I need netfx v4.03..... Of course windows won't let me install NetFX's anymore cause their so good at it. lol Can't install any because of block,saying I already have it, which supposedly I do but can't enable thru command prompt either
    These are the updates I have on this new install
    4601395,4598479,4586863,4577670,4576751,4569073,4565554,4560959,4521863 I uninstalled one and another that had "features" in the title hoping to get the fx's back.

The only "nets" I have in "turn win features off/on" are .net enviroment and extensibility 3.5 & 4.8. If I try to turn these on it says it did but immediately and after a restart they remain unchecked.
    The only place I've found reference to V4.0 is
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\OS Integration

Now this all started with windows screwing up....I mean updating. I'm on win 10 pro 1903 build 18362.1379
    I can't give all the info as I refreshed my pc with the long over-write version but I recall windows adding like 6 features on a restart, next restart it added some more,decided it wasn't going well and took them back. The next restart it added 1 feature then I refreshed.

Oh the joy! lol
    After about 4-5 hours I still can't turn on netfx's, pdanet still wants 4.0 and in addition my MMC won't open the firewall or either Administrative settings tabs in gpedit. I got this in gpedit:

"Server stack trace:
    at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.EnsureInitString configKey
    at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.PrepareClientConfigSystemString sectionName
    at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSectionString sectionName
    at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSectionString sectionName
    at System.Configuration.PrivilegedConfigurationManager.GetSectionString sectionName
    at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.Initialize
    at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.get_Sources
    at System.Diagnostics.TraceSource.Initialize
    at System.Diagnostics.TraceSource.TraceEventTraceEventType eventType, Int32 id, String format, Object[] args
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.TraceUtility.TraceExceptionTraceSource source, TraceEventType severity, Int32 eventId, Exception ex, String message
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.ClassLibraryServices.Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IClassLibraryServices.CreateSnapInString assemblyName, String typeName
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessageIntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessageIMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessageIMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvokeMessageData& msgData, Int32 type
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IClassLibraryServices.CreateSnapInString assemblyName, String typeName
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInApplication.CreateSnapInString snapInAqn
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInInitializationOperation.CreateSnapIn
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.OnThreadTransferSimpleOperationCallback callback"

WHAT????? no clue what that means .... anyone?

I've heard incorrect firewall settings but it should have been reset on the refresh right? I'd take a look if I could open it!! Win security says the firewalls fine,shows what they know.
    I can still "allow an app thru the firewall" as that part still works just can't get into advanced settings.

I checked enviro var's and I have :
    "%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32;%SystemRoot%\System32\WBEM folder;" so that ain't it.

I've tried the netframework repair tool,nothing.
    I've run numerous sfc's and dism's. The last one "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess"

Ran all fixes in "tweaking.com" as well. My device manager looks fine and all drivers are good and up to date.

Not sure if greyed out items in win features off/on which say "Virtualization is disable in the firmware" has any bearing on it all but noting it.
    The sourse I used in DISM is a fairly updated win 10 version so I may just do another reinstall but this time I'll be turning off win update completely.

When I bought my 1st PC no one said I'd have to become a technician. I'm tired of fighting windows and spending as much time fixing it as using it not to mention the MS bloatware they keep shoving down my throat. How many times do I have to smack Corona-**** down and uncheck the rest of the **** in firewall before they get the message? I use paint and the calculator,probably use a lot more if it wasn't for their insistance that I use it.

Anyway , this should be enough info that someone will know what's going on! I read some recent posts about issues with sharepoint?that sounded a lot like it and other posts about the recent updates causing problems.

Hope I get this text doc to upload before I get disconnected!lol
    Rob H.

:)

hakman22, Mar 5, 2021
  2. DRDNA Win User

.Net Framework Error

First run Windows updates...after there are no more important installs then try .net framework.*Toast :toast:

DRDNA, Mar 5, 2021
  3. debgram Win User
    Event Viewer MMC error

Yes I have framework 3.5.1 installed and no that FIX didn't work. I did read that with the new windows 1903 there is an issue with the event viewer and their working on a fix.

MMC errors, Net framework errors from Windows 10 1903 features update March 2021 [​IMG]

MMC errors, Net framework errors from Windows 10 1903 features update March 2021 [​IMG]

debgram, Mar 5, 2021
  4. bro67 Win User

MMC errors, Net framework errors from Windows 10 1903 features update March 2021

bro67, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. MMC errors, Net framework errors from Windows 10 1903 features update March 2021 - Similar Threads - MMC errors Net

2. .NET Framework Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework Error: Hi there.I am having problems with .NET Framework. Everytime I run an app that uses .NET framework, it will display messages like this:This problem is major to me because some apps like Visual Studio and Discord will not work.I have tried the following: - Re-enable the .NET...
  3. .Net Framework Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Net Framework Error: Every time I wake my computer from sleep I get the following Microsoft .NET Framework error. I cannot figure what is causing this issue.See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text...
  4. .Net Framework Error

.Net Framework Error: Anyone how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-error/f0cdef5c-eabe-4703-8821-5c1d703b6c9d
  5. .NET Framework error in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework error in windows 10: [ATTACH] Multiple programs are throwing this error and i dont know what to do. ive tried the repair app but no result and the instalation wizard says verion 4.8 is already installed, can someone help? ![img](oq3kyw92uk461 "it says initialization error ") when trying to...
  6. .NET framework errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET framework errors: I tried downloading GOG Galaxy 2.0 and it said that I needed the .NET framework to install it. When I try to install that latest version of the framework it says I already have it installed. A similar thing happened with Discord when I tried to reinstall it (although it won't...
  7. .NET Framework error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .NET Framework error: I have a new HP with Windows 10 which is also up to date. I am trying to install Printshop 23.0 Deluxe and I keep getting the .NET Framework error. I have been emailing with their support but it is not helping much. Suggestions??...
  8. NET Framework error

NET Framework error: NET Framework will not enable CAS by default, I need to know how to do it please to run a DLL file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-error/4fdc6e61-481e-4ef3-bc46-867e29b966ff
  9. Net Framework error 1903 may update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Net Framework error 1903 may update: Hi, I have Windows 10 1903 OS build 18362.16, every time when launched OS opening skypebridge.exe window and it says net framework initializing error, it advices to install net framework 4.0 and above. So, i have already have this version but disabled, i tried to enable...
  10. .NET Framework March 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    .NET Framework March 2019 Update: Today, we released the March 2019 Update. Quality and Reliability This release contains the following quality and reliability improvements. CLR Addressed an issue where the Framework would throw an exception is the year in the parsed date is greater or equal the year start...