Windows 10: Mmc.exe error

Discus and support Mmc.exe error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi i have been getting a UAC error saying an admin has blocked me from running an app i am trying to run services.msc and disk management . Is it due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChehadeTannous, May 24, 2020.

1. Mmc.exe error

Hi i have been getting a UAC error saying an admin has blocked me from running an app i am trying to run services.msc and disk management . Is it due to my windows defender not being up to date or due to the built in admin active blocking me? Also sfc scan says it is not able to fix some errors and disk repair says it is unable to access driver. I feel this is all due to the blocking. Any help please.

:)

ChehadeTannous, May 24, 2020

2. MMC detects error in a snap-in

Good morning,

It seems that some of you have fixed the "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in" by using the link shared by catspyjamas. I would like to give this fix a shot too but I want to make sure I really understand the proper steps.

It is my understanding that I go to C Drive > Microsoft > Event Viewer > Views. Right now in the 'Views' folder I have four entries. First is a folder called 'ApplicationViewsRootNode' which is empty. Then I have three of the XML view documents: View 0, View 1 and View 2.

I intend to copy the three views listed into a folder I will make and call it 'Event Viewer MMC fix' before I delete the same three views in the original folder.

Now for the heart of my question: Do I copy the 'ApplicationViewsRootNode' folder currently listed in the 'Views' folder and move it into my new folder with the copied three XML views and then delete it in the original folder like I did the three XML views or keep my hands off of it?

Sorry for such a detailed question but I don't want to screw up my computer.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, May 24, 2020
  3. RichardC Win User
    MMC detects error in a snap-in

There's still a problem with event viewer. I replaced my c drive with an image from June 3rd using MR. I ran event viewer and everything worked fine. See the attached image below.

Mmc.exe error [​IMG]

As you can see there are 6 items listed under custom views. I'm assuming that these 6 views correspond to the 6 views listed under c:\programdata/microsoft/eventviewer/views. See below.

Mmc.exe error [​IMG]

I re-downloaded Microsoft updates from Tuesday the 11th and ran event viewer. I get the same errors. Now if I delete this 6 views and rerun event viewer, I don't get the error messages, but I only get 1 custom view. That would be administrative events. The other five are gone. So, there still seems to be a problem with event viewer or Microsoft has decided to eliminate the 5 views in question. Any thoughts?

RichardC, May 24, 2020
  4. RichardC Win User

Mmc.exe error

MMC detects error in a snap-in

Ever since the Tuesday updates, my event viewer is displaying the same. The event viewer loads, but when you click on one of the errors, that's when all the errors pop up. I've attached three.

Mmc.exe error [​IMG]

Mmc.exe error [​IMG]

Mmc.exe error [​IMG]

Not sure, but it seems to have something to do with the updating of framework .NET 4.8.

RichardC, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Mmc.exe error

1. Mmc.exe error - Similar Threads - Mmc exe error

2. MMC download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MMC download: I recently purchased The MCC master chief collection from the microsoft store and it will download a couple hundred MB but then it stops and an error is displayed and will restart at 0% and the download stops Then will restart at 0% is there a way to get it to DL or should I...
  3. exe error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    exe error: my pc is win 10 pro all files not open because exe file missing please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-error/3243e85f-bea1-4f99-9099-3c98a9b9e1e4
  4. mmc exe blocked windows 10 drive manager mmc.exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mmc exe blocked windows 10 drive manager mmc.exe: * Moved from Community Participation Center after trying DISM method,this showed me at last ,it is still not fixed what should i do [ATTACH]...
  5. Event Viewer MMC error

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer MMC error: MMC has detected an error in the snap-in & will unload it. I tried looking for solutions but none of them worked. I ran SFC, deleted the registery key, and nothing. Also says Unhandled exception in Managed code snap-in system. IO.IO exception. Any help guys? 134980
  6. MMC detects error in a snap-in

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC detects error in a snap-in: Howdy, I am running a HP All-in-One 23-g017c, Windows 10 Home 64-bit Operating system. A few hours ago I was trying to open my Event Viewer to check on something and discovered the following problem. I clicked on my Component Services like I always do. I then clicked on...
  7. Exe error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exe error: what does this mean and how i can fix this? (the instruction at 0x00000000759059A0 referenced memory at 0x00000000759059A0. the required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000009c....
  8. Error exe

Error exe: I keep getting this error on my dell laptop and as a result, I am unable to download any programs from the Internet. How can I fix this? (the institution at 0x00000000774359A0 referenced memory at 0x00000000774359A0. the required data was not placed into memory because of...
  9. MMC issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MMC issue: I cannot open MMC because of "not enough memory resources available ...". This problem showed up suddenly and the MMC applets don’t want to run. This is the only problem, everything else is working without any problems...
  10. MMC

MMC: hello what browser works best for this because edge doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc/d553460a-e3d3-4958-be63-cd917b806ffc