Windows 10: mmc snap-in task schedular

Discus and support mmc snap-in task schedular in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so i was trying to get my anti malware service executable fixed for using high disk but this happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by athreyac, Jun 25, 2021.

1. athreyac Win User

mmc snap-in task schedular

so i was trying to get my anti malware service executable fixed for using high disk but this happened

:)

athreyac, Jun 25, 2021
  2. commonone Win User

MMC - Could not create the Snap-in

Having Windows 10 Version 1703 64-based on a HP Laptop.

Tried to install gpedit.msc, but continuously have error message

'MMC could not create the snap-in'

with 'CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}'

Have tried trolling Google with all suggestions

1) sfc /scannow - with no issues found

2) MMC could not create the snap-in - Google Suche

3) https://blog.multiplay.co.uk/2013/1...reate-snap-in-for-group-policy-object-editor/

4) Enable/Disable Group Policy in Windows Xp from cmd or Regedit

5) How To Fix MMC Could Not Create The Snap-in

Where one suggests to delete the 'CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}' in the registry to create a new clsid on reboot/restart, I cannot delete it as it returns as an error.

Have installed the gpedit.msc on my Tablet with no issues with same gpedit download.

Any clues

commonone, Jun 25, 2021
  3. MMC detects error in a snap-in

Good morning,

It seems that some of you have fixed the "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in" by using the link shared by catspyjamas. I would like to give this fix a shot too but I want to make sure I really understand the proper steps.

It is my understanding that I go to C Drive > Microsoft > Event Viewer > Views. Right now in the 'Views' folder I have four entries. First is a folder called 'ApplicationViewsRootNode' which is empty. Then I have three of the XML view documents: View 0, View 1 and View 2.

I intend to copy the three views listed into a folder I will make and call it 'Event Viewer MMC fix' before I delete the same three views in the original folder.

Now for the heart of my question: Do I copy the 'ApplicationViewsRootNode' folder currently listed in the 'Views' folder and move it into my new folder with the copied three XML views and then delete it in the original folder like I did the three XML views or keep my hands off of it?

Sorry for such a detailed question but I don't want to screw up my computer.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Jun 25, 2021
  4. RichardC Win User

MMC detects error in a snap-in

There's still a problem with event viewer. I replaced my c drive with an image from June 3rd using MR. I ran event viewer and everything worked fine. See the attached image below.

mmc snap-in task schedular [​IMG]

As you can see there are 6 items listed under custom views. I'm assuming that these 6 views correspond to the 6 views listed under c:\programdata/microsoft/eventviewer/views. See below.

mmc snap-in task schedular [​IMG]

I re-downloaded Microsoft updates from Tuesday the 11th and ran event viewer. I get the same errors. Now if I delete this 6 views and rerun event viewer, I don't get the error messages, but I only get 1 custom view. That would be administrative events. The other five are gone. So, there still seems to be a problem with event viewer or Microsoft has decided to eliminate the 5 views in question. Any thoughts?

RichardC, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

1. mmc snap-in task schedular - Similar Threads - mmc snap task

2. MMC cannot initialize the snap-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MMC cannot initialize the snap-in: I can press windows+R and enter hit type gpedit.msc after that I can open any file it shows MMC cannot initialize the snap-in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc-cannot-initialize-the-snap-in/e6a3d9d3-2e03-45ba-8c32-355042e4374a
  3. MMC cannot initialize the snap-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MMC cannot initialize the snap-in: I can press windows+R and enter hit type gpedit.msc after that I can open any file it shows MMC cannot initialize the snap-in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc-cannot-initialize-the-snap-in/e6a3d9d3-2e03-45ba-8c32-355042e4374a
  4. Windows 2012 R2 MMC snap-in unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2012 R2 MMC snap-in unavailable.: We have Windows 2012 R2 and Exchange 2013 setup. After recent upgrade to Exchange message queue mmc snap-in stopped working in Exchange Toolbox.See errors below:I have tried googling the answer but there is not much about this particular issue.Has anyone come across something...
  5. Windows 2012 R2 MMC snap-in unavailable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 2012 R2 MMC snap-in unavailable.: We have Windows 2012 R2 and Exchange 2013 setup. After recent upgrade to Exchange message queue mmc snap-in stopped working in Exchange Toolbox.See errors below:I have tried googling the answer but there is not much about this particular issue.Has anyone come across something...
  6. Server 2016 mmc remote desktops snap-in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Server 2016 mmc remote desktops snap-in: Looks like this got phased out and I no longer see if as part of the snap in list. Is there a way to get it reinstalled, or another method to have the RDP connection? If not, what's the best alternative besides creating multiple mstsc accounts. submitted by /u/newbie702...
  7. MMC detects error in a snap-in

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC detects error in a snap-in: Howdy, I am running a HP All-in-One 23-g017c, Windows 10 Home 64-bit Operating system. A few hours ago I was trying to open my Event Viewer to check on something and discovered the following problem. I clicked on my Component Services like I always do. I then clicked on...
  8. MMC could not create the snap-in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MMC could not create the snap-in: Event viewer desapir in my laptop, i check the turnthe Microsoft.net Framwork,then in the registry i did the HKEY_LOCAL_MECHINE\Software\MICROSOFT\MMC\Snapinsvinside snapins search for the error number specified in CLSID,diddn't work,then Idid sfc /scannow, then scan with...
  9. Task Schedular and Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Task Schedular and Windows 10 Updates: This PC is mostly not connected to the internet, so the updates got far behind. After I had problems for two days of download as requested by Windows 10, from 1511 to 1703, it got stuck with 1607 while telling me 1703 is ready to be installed. It kept on downloading...
  10. MMC could not create the snap-in

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC could not create the snap-in: When I try to access Windows Firewall Advanced Settings I get an error:"MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly."I have followed instructions on various forums attempting to fix, such as:deleting the relevant registry...