Windows 10: MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights.

Discus and support MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have recently encountered that i cannot access Device manager and i am getting the following message,[IMG] I have tried command prompt but it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alan Teese, Apr 3, 2019.

1. MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights.

I have recently encountered that i cannot access Device manager and i am getting the following message,MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights. [​IMG]

I have tried command prompt but it appears that when i apply the necessary steps to try and over come this problem i get the following,

MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights. [​IMG]

I cannot believe what is going on and i need help to get this problem resolved.

I want my administrator rights back and not be held to ransom by Microsoft ...I think this is a fair request as i bought the computer...

Can anyone help me PLEASE.

Regards

AL

:)

Alan Teese, Apr 3, 2019

2. Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 3, 2019
  3. DougS9614 Win User
    DougS9614, Apr 3, 2019
  4. MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights.

Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights.

1. MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights. - Similar Threads - MMS exe has

2. Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! OneDrive has taken over my laptop!: It feels like OneDrive has taken over my laptop. I started getting messages about OneDrive being full. Then large red circles with crosses appeared throughout File Explorer which is very disconcerting. Now, I've tried to save a file to a folder I don't access very often, and...
  3. OneDrive has taken Over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has taken Over: I recently upgraded my computer and moved all my document to a new Windows 11 machine. The documents were moved into the documents folder. For reasons unknown to me, Onedrive started synching them automatically. It then stated it was out of space and I needed to pay $6.99 a...
  4. OneDrive has taken Over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive has taken Over: I recently upgraded my computer and moved all my document to a new Windows 11 machine. The documents were moved into the documents folder. For reasons unknown to me, Onedrive started synching them automatically. It then stated it was out of space and I needed to pay $6.99 a...
  5. Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!: After regretful update of windows 11.. I have gone past the 10 days and there is no way out. I can not attempt to do anything useful on laptop because no matter what, I need admin privileges. There has not been one even semi useful answer. Who knows the hidden secret here?!...
  6. Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!: After regretful update of windows 11.. I have gone past the 10 days and there is no way out. I can not attempt to do anything useful on laptop because no matter what, I need admin privileges. There has not been one even semi useful answer. Who knows the hidden secret here?!...
  7. Avast has taken over my defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast has taken over my defender: 'Your PC isn't being monitored because the app's service stopped. You should restart it now'. This is what I get any time I open my windows defender ever since Avast Antivirus was installed on my laptop. The Avast Antivirus seems to be the default Antivirus for my laptop...
  8. Administrator Account taken over

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Account taken over: DIRECTORY MUDDLE Aug 31st 2019 nb I have previously been a member as Windymiller but owing to current problem could not access the USB stick containing my passwords. My last post concerned backing up a WindowsImage file. Since then the problems have seriously escalated....
  9. Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.: When I try access the hidden administrator account, only mine and their accounts show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-i-know-has-taken-control-of-all/437f5891-7843-4f04-b848-f28b1af92dbb"
  10. bitdefender has taken over my admin rights, how do i fix this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitdefender has taken over my admin rights, how do i fix this: bit defender has taken over my admin rights, and I deleted it. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/bitdefender-has-taken-over-my-admin-rights-how-do/ea36e10f-7a7a-47ff-ad77-9ece4989cddf

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I give me the administration rights to the file MMS.exe