Windows 10: Mobile broadband capability is turned off cannot turn it on .....please help me

Discus and support Mobile broadband capability is turned off cannot turn it on .....please help me in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a hp notebook and im using a usb modem to use internet..and some times when i remove the usb modem from my laptop the cellular data turns off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yasinduweerasuriya, May 9, 2020.

1. Mobile broadband capability is turned off cannot turn it on .....please help me

i have a hp notebook and im using a usb modem to use internet..and some times when i remove the usb modem from my laptop the cellular data turns off and there is no way to turn it on back except resetting the network and when i troubleshoot the problem it says mobile capability is turned off and use the switch to turn it back on but there is no such key on my laptop ...please help me guys im in great trouble ......thanks!

:)

yasinduweerasuriya, May 9, 2020

2. Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off

Hi,

I am currently using a desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.295

I'm trying to use a Mobile Broadband Adapter with my desktop (specifically a Sierra Wireless MC7430 Mini-PCIe Modem) plugged into a Mini-PCIe to USB adapter.

The modem is installed correctly, with the correct drivers and appears in the Modems and Network Adapters in device manager. In the Mobile settings of Windows 10 I can see the Modem is there and connected to the Network (with a SIM card plugged in), but
    underneath the network name it is "Turned Off".

I have tried clicking "Cellular" to "turn on" the modem and this does nothing.

I have tried disabling the modem, re-enabling it, uninstalling it, reinstalling it. Nothing works - I am unable to get the Modem to "turn on".

I have tried taking the modem and plugging it into a PC nearby that is still currently running Windows 10 Pro 1809 - and it works perfectly.

I have also tried plugging this into 2 other PC's all running 1903 and they have the same issue. The modem is turned "off" and unable to turn on.

Additionally, I have tried replacing the Sierra Wireless modem with one from another manufacturer, and I have the exact same issue. I cannot turn the modem on, yet I plug it into a PC running 1809 and everything is fine.

I have tried running the network diagnostics, only to be told to use the function keys (they do not exist - this is a desktop PC and this is effectively a USB modem) - or to use a switch on my PC to turn it on (again, it does not exist).

I would appreciate some help with this - google is failing me, and the closest I could find is someone having the exact same issue with an insider build: Mobile broadband capability turned off and there is no way to turn it on (0using USB modem for mobile broadband capability) though
    this appeared to be fixed with a newer version?

Thank you in advance for your help.

LiamO_Apec, May 9, 2020
  3. Entegy Win User
    Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off

I've seen this "turn off" thing. In my case, the Sierra drivers were not properly installed. And this was because at my work, we block executables running from the Temp folder.

When we installed the driver package, it was done in two steps. First was the normal installer we're all used to. Then, a smaller, yellow rectangle popped up in the corner of the screen to "configure" the modem. If this yellow configuration box didn't pop
    up, the modem could not be turned on. When it did work, Windows changed "turned off" to "Insert SIM" or the carrier's name if we had a SIM in.

I would also eliminate the adapter and connect the card to your motherboard, then reinstall the driver package.

Entegy, May 9, 2020
  4. Mobile broadband capability is turned off cannot turn it on .....please help me

Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off

I have an update:

We're now able to get the Sierra Wireless modem to turn on by enabling Flight Mode, waiting until it is fully on (the icon is displayed and the tile has changed colour), then disabling Flight Mode, then clicking on the Mobile Tile. The downside
    of this is that even with an antenna connected and SIM card, the modem reports "No Service", even though moments before toggling Flight Mode, we were at full signal.

There's not an issue with the SIM card. It has since been tested in other devices.

We were also able to turn the modem "on" using Sierra's Skylight tool.

However, we're unable to replicate the same workaround to get the modem to turn on when using the Quectel modem.

I'm convinced this is an issue with Windows 10 1903 rather than driver-specific issues.

Thanks

LiamO_Apec, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Mobile broadband capability is turned off cannot turn it on .....please help me

1. Mobile broadband capability is turned off cannot turn it on .....please help me - Similar Threads - Mobile broadband capability

2. Wireless capability is turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless capability is turned off: Hello I am running a windows 10 HP ELITEBOOK 2560p laptop,my WiFi and Bluetooth were working oky until recently I couldn't connect to either a WiFi network or Bluetooth.Upon troubleshooting I get a feedback that wireless capability is turned off.anyone with a suggestion to...
  3. Wireless capability is turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless capability is turned off: Hello I am running a windows 10 HP ELITEBOOK 2560p laptop,my WiFi and Bluetooth were working oky until recently I couldn't connect to either a WiFi network or Bluetooth.Upon troubleshooting I get a feedback that wireless capability is turned off.anyone with a suggestion to...
  4. Wireless capability is turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. "Wireless capability is turned off"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Wireless capability is turned off": Hello guys,I am currently running a Dell Windows 11 laptop, and every now and then the internet just shuts off and doesn't connect at all. I try to turn it back on via Quick Settings however when i turn it off, it just says "not available" underneath it. I don't really know...
  6. "Wireless capability is turned off"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Wireless capability is turned off": Hello guys,I am currently running a Dell Windows 11 laptop, and every now and then the internet just shuts off and doesn't connect at all. I try to turn it back on via Quick Settings however when i turn it off, it just says "not available" underneath it. I don't really know...
  7. Wireless capability is turned off

Wireless capability is turned off: Even if I manually turn on Wifi, it is no longer recognized. Troubleshooter still shows Wifi needs to be turned on. If I chose to check if that has been resolved, the troubleshooter then shows, wireless capability is turned off. I have done everything possible from Utube to...
  8. Wireless capability is turned off

Wireless capability is turned off: Hi my dell Vostro 3546 laptop with windows 10 is having trouble with its witeless connectivity. The wife toggle button is turning off on its own in few minutes every time i turn it on and it doesnt show the available networks after i turn it on. i have tried all the...
  9. Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off

Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off: Hi, I am currently using a desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.295 I'm trying to use a Mobile Broadband Adapter with my desktop (specifically a Sierra Wireless MC7430 Mini-PCIe Modem) plugged into a Mini-PCIe to USB adapter. The modem is installed...
  10. wireless capability turn off

wireless capability turn off: hi teaml .im one of your fellow user on laptop ME laptop model,i have updte it to windows 10 lat month im using wifi and other etc,but from a few days back my brother touch my laptop and i cant turn on wifi whenever i try to switch on wifi i cant use it the thing display was...