Windows 10: Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off

Discus and support Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am currently using a desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.295 I'm trying to use a Mobile Broadband Adapter with my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LiamO_Apec, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off

Hi,

I am currently using a desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.295

I'm trying to use a Mobile Broadband Adapter with my desktop (specifically a Sierra Wireless MC7430 Mini-PCIe Modem) plugged into a Mini-PCIe to USB adapter.

The modem is installed correctly, with the correct drivers and appears in the Modems and Network Adapters in device manager. In the Mobile settings of Windows 10 I can see the Modem is there and connected to the Network (with a SIM card plugged in), but underneath the network name it is "Turned Off".

I have tried clicking "Cellular" to "turn on" the modem and this does nothing.

I have tried disabling the modem, re-enabling it, uninstalling it, reinstalling it. Nothing works - I am unable to get the Modem to "turn on".

I have tried taking the modem and plugging it into a PC nearby that is still currently running Windows 10 Pro 1809 - and it works perfectly.

I have also tried plugging this into 2 other PC's all running 1903 and they have the same issue. The modem is turned "off" and unable to turn on.

Additionally, I have tried replacing the Sierra Wireless modem with one from another manufacturer, and I have the exact same issue. I cannot turn the modem on, yet I plug it into a PC running 1809 and everything is fine.

I have tried running the network diagnostics, only to be told to use the function keys (they do not exist - this is a desktop PC and this is effectively a USB modem) - or to use a switch on my PC to turn it on (again, it does not exist).

I would appreciate some help with this - google is failing me, and the closest I could find is someone having the exact same issue with an insider build: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...nd-there/e695db5b-39a9-449a-a53b-ca3b1748d936 though this appeared to be fixed with a newer version?

Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

LiamO_Apec, Sep 3, 2019

2. Mobile broadband connection sharing with Hyper-V

Found a solution on a german IT site: http://www.it-pro-berlin.de/2014/05/unterwegs-mit-hyper-v-mobil-ins-internet/

In short:

• add a pure internal virtual Switch
    • activate ICS on the mobile broadband Adapter and connect it to the above Switch
    • add virtual switch to VM network adapters

Andreas Spengler, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 Mobile Broadband Locked

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to unplug the simcard and replug it and try to unblock it again and check if it helps. Refer to the following link and follow the steps to Unlock or unblock your mobile broadband device.

Unlock or unblock your mobile broadband device

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-unblock-mobile-broadband-device

(Note: link applies to Windows 10 also)

Let us know if you have any further queries related to the issue. We would be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Sep 3, 2019
  4. zOaib Win User

Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off

Mobile Broadband for Gaming

i recently purchased an Alienware M11x laptop , and was wondering if i cna get any suggestions for a good mobile broadband to use for gaming , verizon and sprint suck as they limit their use upto 5gb , i am more interested in unlimited plans , here is one i was looking at if someone can shed some light on this or any others , mucho appreciated.
    https://www.datajack.com

zOaib, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off

1. Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off - Similar Threads - Mobile Broadband Capability

2. Wireless capability is turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless capability is turned off: Hello I am running a windows 10 HP ELITEBOOK 2560p laptop,my WiFi and Bluetooth were working oky until recently I couldn't connect to either a WiFi network or Bluetooth.Upon troubleshooting I get a feedback that wireless capability is turned off.anyone with a suggestion to...
  3. Wireless capability is turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless capability is turned off: Hello I am running a windows 10 HP ELITEBOOK 2560p laptop,my WiFi and Bluetooth were working oky until recently I couldn't connect to either a WiFi network or Bluetooth.Upon troubleshooting I get a feedback that wireless capability is turned off.anyone with a suggestion to...
  4. "Wireless capability is turned off"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Wireless capability is turned off": Hello guys,I am currently running a Dell Windows 11 laptop, and every now and then the internet just shuts off and doesn't connect at all. I try to turn it back on via Quick Settings however when i turn it off, it just says "not available" underneath it. I don't really know...
  5. "Wireless capability is turned off"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Wireless capability is turned off": Hello guys,I am currently running a Dell Windows 11 laptop, and every now and then the internet just shuts off and doesn't connect at all. I try to turn it back on via Quick Settings however when i turn it off, it just says "not available" underneath it. I don't really know...
  6. Wireless capability is turned off

Wireless capability is turned off: Even if I manually turn on Wifi, it is no longer recognized. Troubleshooter still shows Wifi needs to be turned on. If I chose to check if that has been resolved, the troubleshooter then shows, wireless capability is turned off. I have done everything possible from Utube to...
  7. Wireless capability is turned off

Wireless capability is turned off: Hi my dell Vostro 3546 laptop with windows 10 is having trouble with its witeless connectivity. The wife toggle button is turning off on its own in few minutes every time i turn it on and it doesnt show the available networks after i turn it on. i have tried all the...
  8. Mobile broadband capability is turned off cannot turn it on .....please help me

Mobile broadband capability is turned off cannot turn it on .....please help me: i have a hp notebook and im using a usb modem to use internet..and some times when i remove the usb modem from my laptop the cellular data turns off and there is no way to turn it on back except resetting the network and when i troubleshoot the problem it says mobile...
  9. wifi capability turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    wifi capability turned off: I have a dell latitude e6440, there is no computer key with the sign of the wireless icon nor a manual button around the computer. On the right corner there usually is a light of the wireless sign, but now the light is off. Going through the control panel to changing adapter...
  10. wireless capability turn off

wireless capability turn off: hi teaml .im one of your fellow user on laptop ME laptop model,i have updte it to windows 10 lat month im using wifi and other etc,but from a few days back my brother touch my laptop and i cant turn on wifi whenever i try to switch on wifi i cant use it the thing display was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn on mobile broadband capability in windows 10

2. mobile broadband capability is turned off

3. turn on mobile broadband capability

4. broadband capability,
  5. how to turn on mobile broadband capability,
  6. mobile capabilities is turned off,
  7. skylight mobile broadband is off mc7355,
  8. How to on mobile broadband capability on windows 10,
  9. Turn on mobile broadband Windows 10,
  10. latitude mobile broadband capability switch,
  11. Mobile broadband capacity is turned off,