Windows 10: Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off

Discus and support Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am currently using a desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.295 I'm trying to use a Mobile Broadband Adapter with my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LiamO_Apec, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off

Hi,

I am currently using a desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.295

I'm trying to use a Mobile Broadband Adapter with my desktop (specifically a Sierra Wireless MC7430 Mini-PCIe Modem) plugged into a Mini-PCIe to USB adapter.

The modem is installed correctly, with the correct drivers and appears in the Modems and Network Adapters in device manager. In the Mobile settings of Windows 10 I can see the Modem is there and connected to the Network (with a SIM card plugged in), but underneath the network name it is "Turned Off".

I have tried clicking "Cellular" to "turn on" the modem and this does nothing.

I have tried disabling the modem, re-enabling it, uninstalling it, reinstalling it. Nothing works - I am unable to get the Modem to "turn on".

I have tried taking the modem and plugging it into a PC nearby that is still currently running Windows 10 Pro 1809 - and it works perfectly.

I have also tried plugging this into 2 other PC's all running 1903 and they have the same issue. The modem is turned "off" and unable to turn on.

Additionally, I have tried replacing the Sierra Wireless modem with one from another manufacturer, and I have the exact same issue. I cannot turn the modem on, yet I plug it into a PC running 1809 and everything is fine.

I have tried running the network diagnostics, only to be told to use the function keys (they do not exist - this is a desktop PC and this is effectively a USB modem) - or to use a switch on my PC to turn it on (again, it does not exist).

I would appreciate some help with this - google is failing me, and the closest I could find is someone having the exact same issue with an insider build: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...nd-there/e695db5b-39a9-449a-a53b-ca3b1748d936 though this appeared to be fixed with a newer version?

Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

LiamO_Apec, Sep 3, 2019

2. Mobile broadband connection sharing with Hyper-V

Found a solution on a german IT site: http://www.it-pro-berlin.de/2014/05/unterwegs-mit-hyper-v-mobil-ins-internet/

In short:

• add a pure internal virtual Switch
    • activate ICS on the mobile broadband Adapter and connect it to the above Switch
    • add virtual switch to VM network adapters

Andreas Spengler, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 Mobile Broadband Locked

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to unplug the simcard and replug it and try to unblock it again and check if it helps. Refer to the following link and follow the steps to Unlock or unblock your mobile broadband device.

Unlock or unblock your mobile broadband device

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-unblock-mobile-broadband-device

(Note: link applies to Windows 10 also)

Let us know if you have any further queries related to the issue. We would be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Sep 3, 2019
  4. zOaib Win User

Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off

Mobile Broadband for Gaming

i recently purchased an Alienware M11x laptop , and was wondering if i cna get any suggestions for a good mobile broadband to use for gaming , verizon and sprint suck as they limit their use upto 5gb , i am more interested in unlimited plans , here is one i was looking at if someone can shed some light on this or any others , mucho appreciated.
    https://www.datajack.com

zOaib, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off

1. Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off - Similar Threads - Mobile Broadband Capability

2. f3507g mobile broadband device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    f3507g mobile broadband device: Toshiba f3507g mobile broadband device has anyone found a driver for windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f3507g-mobile-broadband-device/a3e446c0-acad-46ce-9c51-e64a354381ab
  3. wifi capability turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    wifi capability turned off: I have a dell latitude e6440, there is no computer key with the sign of the wireless icon nor a manual button around the computer. On the right corner there usually is a light of the wireless sign, but now the light is off. Going through the control panel to changing adapter...
  4. Windows 10 "wireless capability is turned off"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 "wireless capability is turned off": Hi there. I have recently upgraded from win 7 to win 10. Ever since I cannot use the wifi (wireless) internet. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall some drivers, but nothing worked. Could anyone help? Processor AMD A-63420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 4.00 GB...
  5. Wireless Capability Turns Off Randomely

Wireless Capability Turns Off Randomely: Product: HP ENVY DV7-7333cl Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) My Notebook Wifi Randomely starts the driver at times and Doesn't start at all in different occasions. sometimes it works properly without any problems but after restart, shutdown or Hibernation It...
  6. Mobile hotspot turning off!

Mobile hotspot turning off!: Hello, I have a laptop with windows ten on it, and I have been using mobile hotspot for quite awhile to connect other devices to the internet with out any problems. However for the last two days my mobile hotspot keeps turning off for no reason when it used to stay on...
  7. Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular

Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular: Hello everyone.i am using Dell Latitude E6420.I installed Sierra MC8355 cellular adapter.it is working fine.My question is that can i use cellular connection to make Voice calls through My laptop? If yes then Kindly guide me the procedure.Thanks in Advance....
  8. wireless capability turn off

wireless capability turn off: hi teaml .im one of your fellow user on laptop ME laptop model,i have updte it to windows 10 lat month im using wifi and other etc,but from a few days back my brother touch my laptop and i cant turn on wifi whenever i try to switch on wifi i cant use it the thing display was...
  9. Mobile broadband connection

Mobile broadband connection: Windows 10 Help says that I should have a Mobile connection link under Network and Internet, I don't. By luck I managed to connect my dongle because Windows saw it as a drive. I now need to be able to use the Mobile link in order to set my connection to metered so that I...
  10. mobile broadband and windows 10

mobile broadband and windows 10: hi, got the windows 10 update, and was having problems getting connected to the internet, so i uninstalled my mobile broadband program, and now dont know how to run the program again, because all that happens now is i get a notification in the action center, every time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mobile capabilities is turned off

2. windows 10 mobile broadband capability is turned off

3. mobile broadband capability is turned off