Windows 10: Mobile (cellular) settings - how to select network operator manually

Discus and support Mobile (cellular) settings - how to select network operator manually in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do uncheck the automatic network selection? see below. I've spent one and a half hrs on the phone to Microsoft, no remedy. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MVMdR, Dec 5, 2019.

1. MVMdR Win User

Mobile (cellular) settings - how to select network operator manually

How do uncheck the automatic network selection? see below. I've spent one and a half hrs on the phone to Microsoft, no remedy.

Mobile (cellular) settings - how to select network operator manually 6819f9e6-6095-413b-855f-057bbb5bfc82?upload=true.jpg

:)

MVMdR, Dec 5, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Windows 10 - WWAN Mobile (Cellular) Connection - how to choose network manually

HI,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to try with the steps mentioned below.

Go to Settings->Network & Internet->Cellular.

Click on the network name and uncheck the checkbox for ‘Connect automatically’.

If you select advanced settings, you can select the networks manually by unchecking the checkbox ‘Automatic’.

If the checkbox is cleared, it means, the network selection is set to manual and to select the network manually, you must search for the available networks by clicking on ‘Search for networks’.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Cellular

Hello,

We understand that you want to access the internet using your cellular connection. To do so, you should have a data plan from a mobile operator. Refer to this article on how to access the

cellular settings in Windows 10.

Since the Cellular option is not showing under the Network & Internet settings, you can run the Network troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. This will help diagnose and resolve common connection issues. Here's
    how:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if you will be able to see
      Cellular
      option under the Network and Internet settings.

Feel free to let us know on how it goes for you. We'll be more than happy to assist further.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Mobile (cellular) settings - how to select network operator manually

Nokia 6230 question (manual operator selection)

When I go: Menu > Settings > Phone Settings > Operator Selection > Manual I get a list of networks. I'm being trying to establish the relative strength of these networks and was wondering if the order has any significance. I'm pretty sure that the first
    operator in the list is likely to be the strongest, and was wondering if I can deduce if the others are in order of signal strength.

Can anyone confirm this?

mikexx---01, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Mobile (cellular) settings - how to select network operator manually

1. Mobile (cellular) settings - how to select network operator manually - Similar Threads - Mobile cellular settings

2. Cellular Network Settings are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cellular Network Settings are missing: Hi.I have Terra Mobile 1460q and I don't see Cellular Settings at all. I have Windows 11 Pro, I looked everywhere and I can't find the solution. I would be grateful if you give me a hint, please....
  3. Cellular Network Settings are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cellular Network Settings are missing: Hi.I have Terra Mobile 1460q and I don't see Cellular Settings at all. I have Windows 11 Pro, I looked everywhere and I can't find the solution. I would be grateful if you give me a hint, please....
  4. Cellular doesn't work with my mobile operator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cellular doesn't work with my mobile operator: Hi, I have a device with an integrated LTE modem. The modem has the specific bands of my mobile carrier, but I can't seem to connect. When I go to mobile operator settings, there is no way to edit the APN. I tried the "netsh mbn add profile" command, but that doesn't work....
  5. Cellular doesn't work with my mobile operator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cellular doesn't work with my mobile operator: Hi, I have a device with an integrated LTE modem. The modem has the specific bands of my mobile carrier, but I can't seem to connect. When I go to mobile operator settings, there is no way to edit the APN. I tried the "netsh mbn add profile" command, but that doesn't work....
  6. cellular network option is not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cellular network option is not showing in settings: cellular network option is missing in settings, i have also installed drivers for it but it is not working , if I insert sim card there is no pop up message or any notification...
  7. cellular network option is not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cellular network option is not showing in settings: cellular network option is missing in settings, i have also installed drivers for it but it is not working , if I insert sim card there is no pop up message or any notification...
  8. Cellular network not showing up in the settings .

Cellular network not showing up in the settings .: I wanted to run sim card on my laptop but i could not be able to use it because the cellular network option is not showing up while i had inserted the sim card. I couldn't get any information about this issue on youtube, google or any other online tech platform.I thought that...
  9. How to set AMP to use manually selected ports.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set AMP to use manually selected ports.: I have a VOX AMP that has a USB connection uses a KORG USB midi driver. The connection has to be made within the old 10-MIDI-port-limitation, otherwise the AMP is not seen by the KORG Tone Room software. Now strange things (?) happen on my Windows 10 system. The driver...
  10. Windows 10 - WWAN Mobile (Cellular) Connection - how to choose network manually

Windows 10 - WWAN Mobile (Cellular) Connection - how to choose network manually: The support page for cellular connection settings (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10739/windows-10-cellular-settings) says you can choose between automatic and manual management of cellular networks under Advanced Options. On my laptop (Winver 1803, Build 17134.345,...