Windows 10: Mobile (cellular) settings - several options have disappeared

Discus and support Mobile (cellular) settings - several options have disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There was a choice between automatic and manual network selection. While it was on manual I could select the network to connect to under Advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by majarambuz, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Mobile (cellular) settings - several options have disappeared

There was a choice between automatic and manual network selection. While it was on manual I could select the network to connect to under Advanced Options. But when I chose automatic settings this choice was no longer available. And now I can't go back to Manual Network Selection because that choice no longer shows. How do I get it back?

:)

majarambuz, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Cellular/SIM connection not available/disappearing

Hi,

A faulty cellular adapter is one of the possible reasons why the cellular connection is disappearing from the laptop. A disabled adapter in the Network Connections Settings can also be the cause of this issue. We suggest you to enable the cellular connection
    in the Network Connections settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type View Network Connections.
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Right-click on the cellular adapter and click Enable.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 28, 2018
  3. mdamico3 Win User

Hello Eric,

This problem has appeared again and I tried this but the cellular adapter was already enabled. The system still indicated there was no connection. This is the third Verizon SIM card we've sent to this user and I confirmed the card is active and there's nothing
    wrong with our Verizon account. Also, it was working for a while the other day and then recently stopped again. It appears as if the laptop randomly stops detecting the card. This has happened to at least two other users over the past month as well. But for
    this one user in particular, it seems to be an ongoing problem.

Hi,

Just to check, are you still having issues with your cellular/sim connection?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Hello,

Yes. The cellular adapter seems to disappear often.

mdamico3, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Mobile (cellular) settings - several options have disappeared

Hello Eric,

This problem has appeared again and I tried this but the cellular adapter was already enabled. The system still indicated there was no connection. This is the third Verizon SIM card we've sent to this user and I confirmed the card is active and there's nothing
    wrong with our Verizon account. Also, it was working for a while the other day and then recently stopped again. It appears as if the laptop randomly stops detecting the card. This has happened to at least two other users over the past month as well. But for
    this one user in particular, it seems to be an ongoing problem.

Hi,

Just to check, are you still having issues with your cellular/sim connection?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Hello,

Yes. The cellular adapter seems to disappear often.

Thank you for your reply.

Given that the network connection settings is properly configured and there's no problem with your internet service provider, it seems that the network adapter itself is having an issue. In this case, we suggest contacting the device manufacturer for a hardware
    checking.

Please post back if you have any Windows concerns for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Mobile (cellular) settings - several options have disappeared

1. Mobile (cellular) settings - several options have disappeared - Similar Threads - Mobile cellular settings

2. cellular network option is not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cellular network option is not showing in settings: cellular network option is missing in settings, i have also installed drivers for it but it is not working , if I insert sim card there is no pop up message or any notification...
  3. cellular network option is not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cellular network option is not showing in settings: cellular network option is missing in settings, i have also installed drivers for it but it is not working , if I insert sim card there is no pop up message or any notification...
  4. cellular network option is not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cellular Options

Cellular Options: My cellular options is not showing whilst I have a SIM card slot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-options/c7178f7a-ca3e-48aa-955a-7f94a8f11cce
  6. No show for Cellular option in setting menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No show for Cellular option in setting menu: After I updated my Software version the mobile broadband network suddenly is a hidden device and I think this reason behind the cellular option didn't show up so please is there any solution to it? I am using HP bro x2 612 G2....
  7. No show for Cellular option in setting menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No show for Cellular option in setting menu: After I updated my Software version the mobile broadband network suddenly is a hidden device and I think this reason behind the cellular option didn't show up so please is there any solution to it? I am using HP bro x2 612 G2....
  8. No show for Cellular option in setting menu

9. severe issue where all internet options and settings have disappeared ENTIRELY from the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    severe issue where all internet options and settings have disappeared ENTIRELY from the...: this started with a simple audio error and having to restart the computer. now the wifi settings have disappeared completely. connecting to the ethernet does not work either. i really do not want to attempt a factory reset as the laptop has valuable files that my younger...
  10. Mobile (cellular) settings - several options have disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile (cellular) settings - several options have disappeared: There was a choice between automatic and manual network selection. While it was on manual I could select the network to connect to under Advanced Options. But when I chose automatic settings this choice was no longer available. And now I can't go back to Manual Network...