Windows 10: Mobile Hotspot at startup, *not* hostednetwork

Discus and support Mobile Hotspot at startup, *not* hostednetwork in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've seen a ton of posts telling people how to turn on a hostednetwork at startup but I need to use the Mobile Hotspot. Surely there is some .exe which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Emperor Buttman, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Mobile Hotspot at startup, *not* hostednetwork

I've seen a ton of posts telling people how to turn on a hostednetwork at startup but I need to use the Mobile Hotspot. Surely there is some .exe which does the same job as clicking the Mobile Hotspot button, which I can use for a scheduled task in the Task Scheduler. I'll be grateful if someone can let me know.

:)

Emperor Buttman, Mar 13, 2020

2. Enable Hotspot by CMD

I meant the Windows 10's Mobile Hotspot. And I had mentioned that I'm not referring to the hostednetwork, the link shared is using the hostednetork which not what I'm looking for.

lucifer9393, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Turn on mobile hotspot on startup Windows 10

for some weird reason I can't use netsh wlan start hostednetwork and instead I am using the windows 10 option "Mobile hotspot". My problem is that I want to turn on the hotspot automatically on startup, is there a way to do it ?

On my other laptop I used netsh commands in a .bat file for this purpose, but this won't work now. I tried to run the same .bat file that I used on my other laptop and it's failing. Also, if I do netsh wlan show drivers I get the following line (among others): Hosted network supported : No

Just to be clear, I can use Mobile hotspot through the windows 10 interface normally, my problem is that I want to turn it on automatically on startup. I searched a lot and I can't find a solution to this ...

Bonus question: While trying to find out if I can do this with a service (Windows key + R => services.msc), I probably bugged something (even though I turned all options back when I touched something), because the mobile hotspot needs to be clicked twice after a few seconds to be turned on now. Any idea how I can reset all the services to default ? Note: The Windows Mobile Hotspot service didn't help when I switched it to turn on automatically.

George Dimitriadis, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Mobile Hotspot at startup, *not* hostednetwork

Setting up a Mobile Hotspot in WIN 10 using NETSH Commands.

Below are some commands I came across on another forum to help get Mobile hotspot working. These commands also work on Windows 7 and 8 and possible other older Windows OS's.

Commands all run while in Command Prompt (Admin)

1. The first step is to make sure that your device/PC's wireless adaptor/s include support for Hosted Network. (This is covered in the tip section of the tutorial).

Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN show drivers
    This command will show The detail and a line indicating that
    You also see what the Hosted network settings are before you start the process with this command.
    Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN show hostednetwork
    The response is a listing of all the details related to Hosted Network. Mode; SSID Name; Max number of clients allowed; Cipher.
    You can also check the security settings with this command:
    Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN show hostednetwork setting=security
    The response is a listing of the parameters, Authentication; Cipher; Security key; User security key; Usage.

2. Next would be to set the Hosted Network mode to "allowed" and to set SSID to a name you wish choose, and also at the same time to allocate a Password
    Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=[SSID Name] key=[password(minimum of 8 characters)]
    The response will be to confirm your settings.

Note it is possible to disallow Hosted network at any time using the command
    Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode= disallow
    3. Then you need to actually Start a Hosted network by activating it.

Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork
    Note: It is possible at any time to stop a Hosted network with the command

Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN stop hostednetwork
    4. Now you need to share the existing Internet connection with this newly created Hosted Network, by setting up the "Internet Connection Sharing" feature on the applicable network adaptor.

a. Access the Network Connections by whatever way you like such as [Windows key+X]
    b. Right click on the Properties tab for that Internet connection.
    c. At the same time you should see a new Network Connection called "Local Area Connection...."
    d. Click the Sharing tab
    e. tick the "Allow other network users to share this connection"
    f. Select the new Virtual Network from the drop down list.
    g. [OK] to finish.

Hope this helps others' with the same problem as well as allows those Insiders interested in following up why the quick action settings do not always work for everyone.

I continue to get the error code " We can't set up mobile hotspot. Turn On Wi-Fi", and the Mobile hotspot screen does not reflect the settings I have done using the NETSH commands.

I would have expected that once Mobile hotspot is set up, the quick action screen would come back with the correct display such as mobile Hotspot = ON.

Geoff Daniell, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Mobile Hotspot at startup, *not* hostednetwork

1. Mobile Hotspot at startup, *not* hostednetwork - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot startup

2. Mobile Hotspot on startup - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot on startup - Windows 11: I would like for my Desktop to open up a mobile hotspot by default. I live in a student-apartment where we get internet via an ethernet cable, it's starting to get annoying to go into settings each time my pc boots up to give my phone internet via a mobile hotspot. I tried...
  3. Mobile Hotspot on startup - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot on startup - Windows 11: I would like for my Desktop to open up a mobile hotspot by default. I live in a student-apartment where we get internet via an ethernet cable, it's starting to get annoying to go into settings each time my pc boots up to give my phone internet via a mobile hotspot. I tried...
  4. Mobile Hotspot on Startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot on Startup: Hello, Can anyone help on how to add the "Mobile Hotspot" service to auto start in the Windows Startup tasks? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-on-startup/08c0b2da-daf9-4d82-8d04-8c1faffa4fb3
  5. Mobile Hotspot

Mobile Hotspot: I have windows 10 and it has the option to turn on a mobile hotspot but when i turn it on and then try to connect to it with my phone or tablet it never connects. it stays on obtaining ip address. why is it not working??...
  6. Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork)

Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork): Trying to share my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop's internet connection through the cmd via netsh wlan start hostednetwork. To enter set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="ssid" pass="pass," 运行命令: 'netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=ssidName key=your8characterPassword'...
  7. Mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mobile hotspot: Hi, my laptop have a problem with mobile hotspot. I turn on it and my phone can connect to this wireless. But my phone show "Connected, no internet", "Can't connect to internet" . I try to reinstall and update driver but it not working. Can you help me?[ATTACH][ATTACH] Note:...
  8. Mobile Hotspot To Startup!

Mobile Hotspot To Startup!: im trying to find out how to get on windows 10 the mobile hotspot to startup when i turn my system on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-to-startup/036f6f77-bcf0-465a-91f5-2ea51d8983b6
  9. Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork)

Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork): I am trying to share my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop's internet connection through the cmd via netsh wlan start hostednetwork. I already know you first have to enter set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="ssid" pass="pass," but then when I enter netsh wlan start hostednetwork, I...
  10. How to start Mobile Hotspot on Windows Startup?

How to start Mobile Hotspot on Windows Startup?: Good Day, Does anyone knows how can I achieve this? [ATTACH] Thanks, NicoTing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-to-start-mobile-hotspot-on-windows-startup/2f25bbf5-602f-4911-9c44-dcec1008cc46

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hosted network no mobile hotspot

2. automatically turn on mobile hotspot on not hostednetwork