Windows 10: Mobile Hotspot button suddenly disappeared after Reset

Discus and support Mobile Hotspot button suddenly disappeared after Reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought my Notebook and unboxed it on the 4th of September, 2018. I have been using it after 5 days, the start up button developed some issues, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mattyny, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Mattyny Win User

Mobile Hotspot button suddenly disappeared after Reset

I bought my Notebook and unboxed it on the 4th of September, 2018. I have been using it after 5 days, the start up button developed some issues, I couldn't connect to unknonw wifi network so Microsoft agent whom I gave a remote access to my laptop but couldn't fix the issue approve that I do a reset for my PC which I did, and from then till date, Mobile hotspot disappeared and even the wifi Property or to right click on a particullar network is disappeared.

Any Solution?

Mobile Hotspot button suddenly disappeared after Reset 2a87490d-db29-4844-a41c-ed100b72a632?upload=true.png

:)

Mattyny, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Mobile hotspot in windows 10 laptop

Hi,

You may change the password of your mobile hotspot so that the person you don't allowed to use it can't connect to it. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried changing the password. Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how you can change the password of the Mobile hotspot.:

• Open Settings then select Network & Internet.
    • Choose Mobile hotspot.
    • Under Mobile hotspot section, you can see the current name of the Wi-Fi hotspot and password. To change mobile hotspot name or password or both, click the
      Edit button.
    • Enter a new password for the network. Click Save button. Note that the password must be of at least 8 characters.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Mobile Hotspot button suddenly disappeared after Reset

Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Mobile Hotspot button suddenly disappeared after Reset

1. Mobile Hotspot button suddenly disappeared after Reset - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot button

2. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot: Hello, when i go to Network and Connection there is not a button to show Mobile Hotspot so i cant share my PC internet with my phone. I am also using an Ethernet cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot/173a8cbc-4baa-46e2-9db1-1c2461c8158c
  3. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot: Need helpSo when I turn on mobile hotspot on my windows 10 laptop, and connect my phone to it, it's working just fine and my phone can access internet like normal. But somehow the laptop can't access the internet saying "connection interupted" on chrome. But the moment I turn...
  4. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot: I do have a problem with the mobile hotspot, once I turn on the mobile hotspot then I can't do anything on the internet on my laptop I can't browse or the internet connection is somehow off. But I can browse the internet on the devices that are connected to my laptop's mobile...
  5. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot: I do have a problem with the mobile hotspot, once I turn on the mobile hotspot then I can't do anything on the internet on my laptop I can't browse or the internet connection is somehow off. But I can browse the internet on the devices that are connected to my laptop's mobile...
  6. Mobile Hotspot Edit Button Not Showing

Mobile Hotspot Edit Button Not Showing: Whenever I try to use my mobile hotspot, It can be turned on and the network can be selected but there is no option to edit the details and whenever I turn the hotspot on it doesn't show up on other devices. Can someone help? I have tried many guides and they don't seem to...
  7. Mobile Hotspot After Reset My Pc

Mobile Hotspot After Reset My Pc: Hey guys yesterday i have reset my pc and the settings of my laptop changed aswell. At that time i was using mobile hot spot on my phone with no problem. Then today i cannot use it for certain websites. Im im connected via ethernet cable to my laptop and i turn on my mobile...
  8. Wifi button suddenly disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi button suddenly disappearing: Hey guys, I have a problem with my laptop, and its on windows 10, sometimes when I turn my laptop on the wifi gets disconnected and then I can't turn it on. Like the button that turns on/off the wifi disappears completely, even in the settings, and the only way to make it...
  9. Mobile Hotspot

Mobile Hotspot: So. I have an HP notebook PC. I have not enable any mobile hotspot from the PC but I am seeing a wifi connection from my mobile phone. The network name is nearly the same as for the PC. The PC name is LAPTOP-DL0J6N07 while the name of the network connection from my mobile is...
  10. Mobile Hotspot

Mobile Hotspot: I can not open mobile hotspot when I using cellular data.Now what can I do in this situation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot/537eb266-ba90-4299-8ba2-62bace4d0bdd