Windows 10: Mobile Hotspot cannot be activated with ethernet

Discus and support Mobile Hotspot cannot be activated with ethernet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently facing the problem that I cannot create a Wifi mobile hotspot while I'm connected with Ethernet (Ethernet to Wifi). I'm using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Any_Deleted_Account, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Mobile Hotspot cannot be activated with ethernet

Hi,

I'm currently facing the problem that I cannot create a Wifi mobile hotspot while I'm connected with Ethernet (Ethernet to Wifi). I'm using a Lenovo L380 with an ethernet adapter from lenovo since this device has no RJ-45 port.
    I have absolutely no clue what is causing this issue. I can create the Hotspot when I'm connected via Wifi (Wifi to Wifi), creating a hotspot via bluetooth always works.

Currently I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 but the problem already existed in Win10 2004.

Thank you for your help!

submitted by /u/Any_Deleted_Account
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Any_Deleted_Account, Nov 2, 2020

2. Mobile hotspot cannot be activated because "No internet access"

Although I have internet connection, network status shows "no internet access".

That prevents using Mobile Hotspot to share the internet connection because it says "We can't set up mobile hotspot because your PC doesn't have an Ethernet, WiFi or mobile data connection".

I do remember that I could enable Mobile Hotspot even if network status was showing "no internet access".

Besides, maybe I don't want to share internet connection but I want to use remote desktop? Who cares! Even if there is no internet connection, Mobile Hotspot should be able to share the active ethernet connection, without checking if it has an internet connection or not.

Ramazan Polat, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Mobile Hotspot

even after updating to version 1607. i am unable to share it says "We can't setup mobile hotspot because you pc doesnt have ethernet connection". But I have an ethernet connection.

RaghulBabu, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Mobile Hotspot cannot be activated with ethernet

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Mobile Hotspot cannot be activated with ethernet

1. Mobile Hotspot cannot be activated with ethernet - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot cannot

2. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot: Hello, when i go to Network and Connection there is not a button to show Mobile Hotspot so i cant share my PC internet with my phone. I am also using an Ethernet cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot/173a8cbc-4baa-46e2-9db1-1c2461c8158c
  3. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot: Need helpSo when I turn on mobile hotspot on my windows 10 laptop, and connect my phone to it, it's working just fine and my phone can access internet like normal. But somehow the laptop can't access the internet saying "connection interupted" on chrome. But the moment I turn...
  4. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot: I do have a problem with the mobile hotspot, once I turn on the mobile hotspot then I can't do anything on the internet on my laptop I can't browse or the internet connection is somehow off. But I can browse the internet on the devices that are connected to my laptop's mobile...
  5. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot: I do have a problem with the mobile hotspot, once I turn on the mobile hotspot then I can't do anything on the internet on my laptop I can't browse or the internet connection is somehow off. But I can browse the internet on the devices that are connected to my laptop's mobile...
  6. Mobile Hotspot

Mobile Hotspot: So. I have an HP notebook PC. I have not enable any mobile hotspot from the PC but I am seeing a wifi connection from my mobile phone. The network name is nearly the same as for the PC. The PC name is LAPTOP-DL0J6N07 while the name of the network connection from my mobile is...
  7. Cannot reconnect to mobile hotspot

Cannot reconnect to mobile hotspot: I connected my phone to windows mobile hotspot. I walked away until it's disconnected, then back to my laptop. My phone cant connect to mobile hotspot anymore. I saw my phone in devices list, but my phone not connected to that hotspot at all. How to fix this?...
  8. Cannot enable mobile hotspot

Cannot enable mobile hotspot: So I've always used my mobile hotspot but now today there isn't a button for it in the bottom right menu. It's only an airplane mode option(which is not on) So when I go into 'mobile hotspot settings' I try to enable the share my internet connection with other devices but it...
  9. Cannot turn on mobile hotspot

Cannot turn on mobile hotspot: I am unable to turn on the mobile hotspot after the window is updated to window 10 version 1803. I still can turn it on yesterday but now it say we cant set up mobile hotspot. Any solution for this?...
  10. "Cannot configure the mobile hotspot." error

"Cannot configure the mobile hotspot." error: How can I fix this error? I'm connected through Ethernet cable and my network card supposed to host the wireless network is the "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265", whose driver is updated to the latest version (20.70.0.5), running on an updated Windows 10 Home x64 v1803...