Windows 10: Mobile hotspot does not provide IP address

Discus and support Mobile hotspot does not provide IP address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am a huge user of the mobile hotspot functionality, but I recently installed updates KB4530684 and KB4533002 and since I cannot connect any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by clemB38, Jan 12, 2020.

1. clemB38 Win User

Mobile hotspot does not provide IP address

Hi,

I am a huge user of the mobile hotspot functionality, but I recently installed updates KB4530684 and KB4533002 and since I cannot connect any device to the hotspot but it starts, I can see it from my phone. I already tried to :

- check/uncheck all boxes of Sharing tab of all my network adapters

- follow this tutorial : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/phone-stuck-on-obtaining-ip-address-when-setting/694ea2ff-1670-475d-8688-7a86f58159f5 and enter these commands in admin from suggested answer :

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset c: \ resetlog.txt

netsh advfirewall reset
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

But none of these solutions worked. What am I missing ?

P.S if can help : when I disable the hotspot, I can see an other hostpot named "DIRECT-LSLAPTOPmswC" "LAPTOP" is the name of my computer

:)

clemB38, Jan 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 hotspot not getting IP address to my phone

Hi,

It's odd for the Windows 10 hotspot not to get the IP address of your mobile device. You may need to modify the setting of the Ethernet connection in the Network and Sharing Center to fix the issue. That said, we suggest that you follow the steps on the
    post that was provided by Adityakpranav on January 11, 2017 through this
    link.

Let us know if this information helps to fix the issue.

Carlos Tin, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    Mobile hotspot on Dell Inspiron 15 will no longer obtain IP address

I just set it up on my system. The Hotspot uses the Wi-Fi Direct virtual adapter connection if you have Wi-Fi selected on the Mobile hotspot settings page. It also sets up a password so the network is secure.

When I use another system I see the Hotspot network listed with a left click of the wireless icon. I can then connect to that Network.

In Settings-Networks while looking at the Network properties I see the Widi adapter with an IP address and an "Operational" notation.

Saltgrass, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Almighty1 Win User

Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

Is anyone using Windows 10 to provide as a WiFi Hotspot as what seems to happen when clients connect is it is not successful after trying the Obtaining IP Address, clients include Android mobile devices and set top boxes.

Almighty1, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Mobile hotspot does not provide IP address - Similar Threads - Mobile hotspot does

2. Mobile Hotspot devices can't getting IP Address - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot devices can't getting IP Address - Windows 10: Hi,When I enable Mobile Hotspot on my Laptop, other devices phone, tablet couldn't get IP from hotspot.I share my VPN connection and when I select sharing, I get this message:...
  3. Mobile Hotspot devices can't getting IP Address - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot devices can't getting IP Address - Windows 10: Hi,When I enable Mobile Hotspot on my Laptop, other devices phone, tablet couldn't get IP from hotspot.I share my VPN connection and when I select sharing, I get this message:...
  4. Mobile Hotspot devices can't getting IP Address - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do you change the default mobile Hotspot IP address?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you change the default mobile Hotspot IP address?: I need setup a mobile hotspot on my laptop for my phone to connect to but also need my laptop to connect to another hotspot from another pc. I am having ip conflicts because both pcs are trying to use 192.168.137.1 as their gateways. I want to change one of the ip addresses...
  6. Mobile hotspot, unable to obtain IP address

Mobile hotspot, unable to obtain IP address: I've been using the mobile hotspot on windows 10 to provide internet for my phone for a year already and it was working flawlessly until June 2019 (somewhere around that time) which my mobile devices couldn't connect to it anymore. I've tried using 2 mobile phones in which...
  7. does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to...

does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to...: does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to ISP by IANA? Moreover, does each of these routers have NAT or PAT ability? if yes, who decides that one router has to perform PAT or NAT?...
  8. Mobile hotspot on Dell Inspiron 15 will no longer obtain IP address

Mobile hotspot on Dell Inspiron 15 will no longer obtain IP address: The mobile hotspot on my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop WAS working fine, but now it will not obtain an IP address when I try to connect my phone, smart TV, etc., to it. My devices can see the network, and they try to connect, but I end up getting an error message that it 'failed to...
  9. windows mobile hotspot does not work

windows mobile hotspot does not work: recently after windows updated, i am not able to share wifi mobilehotspot from my computer to my phone. to specify, that it was working proprely before without any problem. i have tried reinstalling the drivers for network from devicemanager too.. but the issue is not...
  10. Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses: Is anyone using Windows 10 to provide as a WiFi Hotspot as what seems to happen when clients connect is it is not successful after trying the Obtaining IP Address, clients include Android mobile devices and set top boxes. 29149

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows 10 hotspot use the computers ip