Windows 10: Mobile Hotspot feature causes the PC to freeze

Discus and support Mobile Hotspot feature causes the PC to freeze in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having a little bit of an issue with the mobile hotspot feature. Actually a list of different issues that come and go, but I'll stick with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bingo_127, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Bingo_127 Win User

Mobile Hotspot feature causes the PC to freeze

I am having a little bit of an issue with the mobile hotspot feature. Actually a list of different issues that come and go, but I'll stick with current.

One thing I noticed while using the feature is that when a device went out of range of the hotspot the entire feature would crash. By "crash" I mean that the feature could not be turned off, or attempting to turn it off caused it to hang never actually turning off, the network and sharing center does not function and any action made there, disabling adapters and such, would also hang, the settings menu becomes very slow, and task manager slows down to a frame a minute. Not technically a crash, but close enough.

I can fix this by restarting the computer, or by putting it in sleep or hibernate, but I am having a new issue.

When I turn on the hotspot, devices that could previously connect to the hotspot now cannot connect for more than a second, constantly connecting and disconnecting until the feature "crashes" again.

I thought the issue might have to do with the Microsoft Direct Virtual Adapter, but I cannot find any issues with the adapter.

Any ideas or previous posts that may help are appreciated.

***Modified title from: Mobile Hotspot Feature***

:)

Bingo_127, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Built-in 'Mobile Hotspot' feature is not working in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393)

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 8, 2019
  3. mobile hotspot settings on my laptop

Hi,

It looks like the Mobile Hotspot feature of your Windows 10 PC has been enabled. To turn this feature off, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Settings.
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot, then toggle it OFF.

Feel free to update us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 Hotspot feature not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons as to why this issue occurred. For us to provide the best resolution for your concern, we need additional information:

• Are you connecting your devices to the PC's hotspot? Or are you using a mobile hotspot to connect your PC?
    • Are there any error messages when you're connecting to the hotspot?
    • Did you try disabling and enabling the feature then try connecting your devices?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Mobile Hotspot feature causes the PC to freeze - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot feature

2. Suggest a feature- Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggest a feature- Mobile Hotspot: The mobile hotspot is an underlooked feature which could be enhanced a bit by adding a feature to remove, monitor or even limit the bandwidth used by each device....
  3. Suggest a feature- Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suggest a feature- Mobile Hotspot: The mobile hotspot is an underlooked feature which could be enhanced a bit by adding a feature to remove, monitor or even limit the bandwidth used by each device....
  4. PC Mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC Mobile hotspot.: Hello. I apologise for the simplicity of this question.I have a new Laptop and I tried to connect for mobile hotspot yesterday, however it was not the same way to do as my last.Anyway, so now I see I can select Mobile Hotpot in Control panel............then share. However I...
  5. PC's mobile hotspot not working

PC's mobile hotspot not working: My laptop is connected to a working network and everything can be browsed on the net. But when I am creating a mobile hotspot from it, the new device that gets connected to my laptop is not getting the network connectivity....
  6. Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature

Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature: Hi, I am unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature in my Windows 10 powered laptop even though it is connected to the internet via Ethernet cable Highlighted in Yellow. I am able to use the internet on the browser from which I am posting this and every other thing except...
  7. Freezing when Hotspot feature is on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Freezing when Hotspot feature is on: When I use Hotspot and the device goes out of range of this Hotspot, the entire feature crashes. In other words, the feature could not be turned off, the network and sharing center does not function so I cannot disable adapters. The settings menu also gets very slow and it...
  8. Mobile Hotspot Feature

Mobile Hotspot Feature: I am having a little bit of an issue with the mobile hotspot feature. Actually a list of different issues that come and go, but I'll stick with current. One thing I noticed while using the feature is that when a device went out of range of the hotspot the entire feature...
  9. mobile hotspot feature not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mobile hotspot feature not working: 3 days ago after a windows update, the hotspot of my laptop stopped working. can anyone help???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-feature-not-working/48537e3d-67b7-41d5-8421-e26a2bdd5476
  10. Windows 10 mobile hotspot feature causes frequent DNS errors

Windows 10 mobile hotspot feature causes frequent DNS errors: After turning on windows 10 mobile hotspot feature on my lenovo flex 3 laptop, i get very frequent DNS resolution errors in all my web browsers. I am using the latest windows 10. searching on this forum many people are having the same problem so i'm aware that the feature...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mobile hotspot freezes

2. monile hotspot windows 10 crashing

3. windows 10 freeze mobile hotspot

4. windows 10 mobile hotspot freeze