Windows 10: Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks

Discus and support Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am broadcasting a mobile data hotspot from my smartphone and it is not showing in my windows 10 PC, available wifi networks. My friend, with his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daryl Ng Chun Pinn, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks

I am broadcasting a mobile data hotspot from my smartphone and it is not showing in my windows 10 PC, available wifi networks.

My friend, with his phone, has successfully connected to my mobile hotspot, so I don't think this is an issue with the source, rather, the issue is with my PC.

Yes I have connected my PC to my mobile data hotspot a few months before.

I did go to "manage known networks" and forget the network after noting that the network wasn't available, hoping that it will appear as a new network.

It didn't.

I'd like this issue to be resolved, and if any information is required, please do ask.

Thank you for your time!

:)

Daryl Ng Chun Pinn, Oct 14, 2019

2. Mobile hotspot not showing in the network connection

I was trying to connect my mobile hotspot to my laptop, it stated connected but no internet (There was no issue with the internet in my mobile). Then I thought i would just forget the network and windows would find it again .Since then my mobile hotspot
    is not showing up in the available networks list. I also tried changing the mobile hotspot name and password it didn't work as well.

Any ideas on what to do?

Sruthi_raju, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks

1. Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot Smartphone

2. Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks: Hi, I am narender and I am not able to fetch my network in the available networks section. I tried so hard but still not able to see. Please help anybody. In my other phone it works but in this phone it doesn't. Thanks for helping...
  3. Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks: Hi, I am narender and I am not able to fetch my network in the available networks section. I tried so hard but still not able to see. Please help anybody. In my other phone it works but in this phone it doesn't. Thanks for helping...
  4. Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot: For a couple months I've used the hosted network option for my ethernet, to turn it into a wifi connection for devices I use. Now, the hosted networking turns on fine, and my devices connect to it and work all the same, but my PC's ethernet connection falls dead, with my...
  6. Mobile hotspot restricting network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot restricting network: I am a windows 11 user. This issue only started recently, where whenever I switch on mobile hotspot in my laptop, I am able to use the network in the device I'm connected to, but except for some websitesgoogle and youtube as far as I've seen, webpages and apps that use a...
  7. Mobile hotspot restricting network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile hotspot restricting network: I am a windows 11 user. This issue only started recently, where whenever I switch on mobile hotspot in my laptop, I am able to use the network in the device I'm connected to, but except for some websitesgoogle and youtube as far as I've seen, webpages and apps that use a...
  8. New PC shows no available networks except mobile hotspot

New PC shows no available networks except mobile hotspot: I'm attempting to set up a new PC, running Windows 10 Home version 20H2 build 19042.867, however when I start it up and click on the wifi button it shows no available networks. If I turn on my mobile hotspot I can see and connect to that and all the built in troubleshooting...
  9. Connected to smartphone's mobile hotspot and secured, but no internet access.

Connected to smartphone's mobile hotspot and secured, but no internet access.: Hello there, people! I have this problem right now in which my Acer Nitro 5 connects to my smartphone's mobile hotspot and is secured, but it provides no internet access. However, I am able to connect to my campus's wifi just fine, only my smartphone's mobile hotspot is...
  10. Mobile hotspot and network problems

Mobile hotspot and network problems: Hi, recently my computer had a network issue where wifi connection was not an option anymore anywhere in my computer. Ever since that I have restarted my computer as well as reset all my network settings which did fix the wifi issue but led to my mobile hotspot on my computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant see justboom hotspot on available networks