Windows 10: Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone

Discus and support Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop is connected to my uni's ethernet network via a cable. I want to use mobile hotspot to connect my phone to that network as well, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BasicCape842, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone

My laptop is connected to my uni's ethernet network via a cable. I want to use mobile hotspot to connect my phone to that network as well, but when I try to connect, it says that hotspot has no internet connection. My laptop can connect to the internet, but my phone can't. In the Network and Sharing Center, it says that "Access type: No network access" for my mobile hotspot connection. I've tried some solutions I found online to try and solve it, like reinstalling the drivers, changing the adapter settings in Control Panel (the tick box to allow other network users to connect), updating Windows, and using the Command Prompt, but nothing has worked so far.

Mobile hotspot usually worked just fine until a few days ago, when my laptop froze and I had to reboot it. How do I fix this? My laptop is an Asus X580VD running Windows 10.

:)

BasicCape842, Jan 4, 2019

2. How do I share PDAnet USB internet connection via Windows Hotspot?

So here's what you do:

1. turn on actual mobile hotspot (the one on your phone)
    2. connect PC to it
    3. bottom right of Windows is the notifications button, click it and hit mobile hotspot, it won't be greyed out anymore.
    4. leave the PC hotspot on while turning off the phone's mobile hotspot
    5. teather phone to PC (PDAnet, foxfi, whatever)
    6. bask in glorious Wi-Fi

This used to be about 10 steps longer but I've simplified it. 
    I'll update if I find an easier way.

Steven Madden, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Internet is not connected in Mobile Hotspot

I used Mobile Hotspot feature of Windows 10 and I can connect to my network.<br>
    There is however no internet connection with clients which connect to this Mobile Hotspot.<br>
    How can I Troubleshoot this problem in android?

Meysam Javadi, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone

Internet is not connected in Mobile Hotspot

We can try the following ways to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Create a mobile hotspot and share it, how to create a mobile hotspot and share it, we can refer this article: How to turn your Windows 10 PC into a wireless hotspot
    2. Is there some settings like "Allow all Users" when creating hotspot, if so we can try to enable it, then all devices are able to pick up hotspot connection.
    3. All the devices or only one android device cannot connect the network name of this hotspot? If all the devices can not connect to this hotspot, it may be a problem with creating or sharing hotspots, if only one android device can not connect this hotspot, it may be the settings problem with this android device.
    4. Is there a device that can find the network name of this hotspot?
    5. If a device discovers this hotspot, when we want to connect to this hotspot, is there a prompt to verify the network name and password?
    6. If the android device can connect other wifi or other hotspots, it may be settings problem with this android device.
    7. We can try to add a hotspot network manually in the android devices, then we view if it can connect the mobile hotspot.

Daisy Zhou, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone

1. Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone - Similar Threads - Mobile hotspot has

2. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  3. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  4. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection

Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection: Hi,Asus GL702VI laptop running Windows 10 version 21H1. Internal network adapter is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. External network adapter is a USB Alfa AWUS036ACH paired with 2 x Alfa 9 dbi antennas. I'm currently working remotely and having to use a cousin's internet...
  6. Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot

Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot: I have turned on mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, but my phone iPhone 12 can't access the Internet although it recognizes the network, it gives the error message "No Internet Connection". This happened after I had a problem with my Ethernet connection in my computer so I...
  7. Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot: I have turned on mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, but my phone iPhone 12 can't access the Internet although it recognizes the network, it gives the error message "No Internet Connection". This happened after I had a problem with my Ethernet connection in my computer so I...
  8. Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection: So i'm trying to set up the mobile hotpsot functionality on my PC, It is connnected via ehternet and i want to use that stability to create a hotspot in my room, however i cant seem to get an internet connection to be shared, I've created the network and changed the...
  9. mobile hotspot connected no internet access

mobile hotspot connected no internet access: my lenovo laptop mobile hotspot connected on my mobile but its showing no internet access how did i fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connected-no-internet-access/32bf7c6d-c825-440e-9a20-314102d2cb0f
  10. mobile hotspot cutting connection the internet

mobile hotspot cutting connection the internet: i do have a problem withe mobile hotspot when i do Activated to share the internet . I find the yellow triangle showing up on the network connection and the internet is disconnected completely from the device. I tried all the solutions such as deleting the driver or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone hotspot no internet