Windows 10: Mobile Hotspot Issues

Discus and support Mobile Hotspot Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my devices (iPhone and iPad) but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanA_123, Jan 24, 2019.

1. JanA_123 Win User

Mobile Hotspot Issues

Hi,

I've been using my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my devices (iPhone and iPad) but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" despite my laptop having no problems connecting with the Wi-Fi. I tried troubleshooting the Network Adapter and in the Network and Sharing Center but the troubleshooter couldn't find anything to fix. Next, I followed the steps to "Allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection for both my Local Area Connection* 3 (which is assume is my laptop hotspot) and directly to my Wi-Fi but I'm still running across the same issue. Under the Network and Sharing Center, I noticed "Access type: No network access" for my PC and under the status of my Local Area Connection* 3 I also saw "IPv4 Connectivity and IPv6 Connectivity: No network access". I don't know if this has an effect on my connection but I wasn't experiencing any issues with my hotspot until only today. As well, I went on Device Manager and made sure everything is up to date. Is there any way to fix this the connection with my mobile hotspot?

:)

JanA_123, Jan 24, 2019

2. Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Mobile hotspot??

Hi,

Seeing other Wi-Fi range on your device is normal, especially, other devices that are configured for mobile hotspot. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Where did you see the Wi-Fi name and password? A screenshot of it is highly appreciated.
    • Does your mobile hotspot name and password is also shown on it?
    • Are you getting any connection issues on your mobile hotspot?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Mobile Hotspot Issues

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Mobile Hotspot Issues

1. Mobile Hotspot Issues - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot Issues

2. Issue with mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with mobile hotspot: Hello MS community, greetings from Bangladesh! I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3000 series laptop running the latest W10 build. All my drivers are up to date. I use broadband internet connection through ethernet cable. Recently after installing the W10 June 2022 update, I'm facing...
  3. Issue with mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with mobile hotspot: Hello MS community, greetings from Bangladesh! I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3000 series laptop running the latest W10 build. All my drivers are up to date. I use broadband internet connection through ethernet cable. Recently after installing the W10 June 2022 update, I'm facing...
  4. Issue with mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mobile Hotspot Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mobile Hotspot Issues: Let's start from the beginning. I enable mobile hotspot on my laptop. I get my phone to connect to the shared internet connection I just created. It takes a lot of time trying to connect, and at the end ''Failed to obtain IP Adress'' appears on my mobile phone. Before you...
  6. Mobile hotspot issue

Mobile hotspot issue: After changing the MAC address on my windows 10 desktop, my android phone can no longer connect to the window 10's mobile hotspot. It keeps saying connecting, and then stops. Does anyone has the same problem? Does anyone has a solution?...
  7. Mobile Hotspot Connectivity Issue

Mobile Hotspot Connectivity Issue: Hotspot is connected however it shows no internet connection , I already tried to check/uncheck the network sharing option in adapter setting as well. Wifi connects however shows red error message on my mobile device that internet not available...
  8. Mobile hotspot issue

Mobile hotspot issue: To whom it may concern, Before this time I was using the mobile hotspot without any problems, but after several time passed it has been started to turn off itself automatically. The reason is unknown. I have tried reset the network settings to configure the mobile hotspot...
  9. Mobile Hotspot Issues

Mobile Hotspot Issues: Hey, I'm having an issue where my Mobile Hotspot doesn't appear on specific devices. It did before but now it no longer does. I used to connect my Wii U to Mobile Hotspot on Windows 10 and it'd work perfectly fine. But now, without even changing any settings whatsoever,...
  10. Mobile Hotspot Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mobile Hotspot Issue: I'm unable to share my LAN internet (from a Windows 10 ASUS laptop ) through mobile hotspot on my phone. I have checked the hosted network status on command prompt, and it says 'Not Available' On typing netsh wlan start hostednetwork on cmd, it says "The hosted network...