Windows 10: Mobile Hotspot keeps turning itself off under high usage

Discus and support Mobile Hotspot keeps turning itself off under high usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I mainly use my desktop as a hotspot for my phone because the router is very far away from my room. It keeps bugging me that the mobile hotspot keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lance Chiu, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Mobile Hotspot keeps turning itself off under high usage

I mainly use my desktop as a hotspot for my phone because the router is very far away from my room. It keeps bugging me that the mobile hotspot keeps turning itself off whenever in high usage like downloading a file, file transferring etc. Around 5-10MB/s it'll just straight up turn itself off. I've turned off power saving and the option to turn it off automatically when there are no devices connected. Also my phone is the only device that's connected to my hotspot so I can't think of any reason that it's turning itself off other than high usage. Anyway to turn this off?

:)

Lance Chiu, Jul 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 25, 2021
  3. lorraine walsh, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Fatima Win User

Mobile Hotspot keeps turning itself off under high usage

Windows 10 Pro - Automatically Turn On Mobile Hotspot And Keep It On

My laptop connects to my WiFI without a problem but my phones can't seem to connect to it probably because of the range. I've set up a mobile hotspot on Windows 10 and I connect both phones to it. The problem is, any time my laptop disconnects and reconnects to the WiFi, the mobile hotspot doesn't turn back on.

I'd like the mobile hotspot to turn on automatically when the laptop is connected to an active WiFi network. I'd like to keep it on at all times, even if there is no activity on the connected devices.

Any app, script, or built-in setting change will do the trick. I'm not picky. I just need it to work.

Fatima, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Mobile Hotspot keeps turning itself off under high usage

1. Mobile Hotspot keeps turning itself off under high usage - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot keeps

2. Mobile Hotspot keep turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot keep turning off: I am using Windows 11 and I use the internet in my laptop through an ethernet cable which is provided to us in our rooms from different ethernet ports usually it's fine but when I want to use the Internet on my mobile phone I have to turn on my Mobile Hotspot from Laptop...
  3. Mobile Hotspot keep turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot keep turning off: I am using Windows 11 and I use the internet in my laptop through an ethernet cable which is provided to us in our rooms from different ethernet ports usually it's fine but when I want to use the Internet on my mobile phone I have to turn on my Mobile Hotspot from Laptop...
  4. Stop Mobile Hotspot from turning off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Mobile Hotspot from turning off: I am running windows 10 on a work computer and we don't have wifi in the office. I can turn on my mobile hotspot on my computer to broadcast wifi so my phone can connect and not eat up all my data. Problem is it keeps completely shutting off for some reason. It sometimes...
  5. Annoying Mobile Hotspot bug makes it turn off

Annoying Mobile Hotspot bug makes it turn off: Hi, I use a lot the Mobile Hotspot function in my desktop, but there's a really annoying bug that makes it turn off after a few minutes ONLY the first time you turn it on in a session. This has nothing to do with power saving settings or auto turn off, or my specific PC,...
  6. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  7. Hotstop keeps turning itself off

Hotstop keeps turning itself off: Hello, i have an add-in network card that provides Bluetooth and Wi-Fi broadcasting to my desktop PC. My problem is that the hotstop keeps turning itself off, plus i found no way to turn it on automatically whenever i log into my PC AND no way to keep it on permanently. I'm...
  8. Mobile hotspot turning off!

Mobile hotspot turning off!: Hello, I have a laptop with windows ten on it, and I have been using mobile hotspot for quite awhile to connect other devices to the internet with out any problems. However for the last two days my mobile hotspot keeps turning off for no reason when it used to stay on...
  9. Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 You can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular...
  10. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...