Windows 10: Mobile Hotspot no longer working (intel AC 8260)

Discus and support Mobile Hotspot no longer working (intel AC 8260) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey folks, I've been using the Mobile Hotspot feature for the past year to connect my WiFi printer to my network through my laptop, which itself is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JRKB, Jul 8, 2019.

1. JRKB Win User

Mobile Hotspot no longer working (intel AC 8260)

Hey folks,

I've been using the Mobile Hotspot feature for the past year to connect my WiFi printer to my network through my laptop, which itself is connected through a LAN/ethernet cable. For some reason a while back this feature stopped working, and now whenever I try to enable Mobile Hotspot it says Connecting... and then immediately after switches to Disconnecting... and then it's off again.

I've tried updating the drivers, but that didn't help. I've updated to the latest windows version, but that didn't fix it either.

I have an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 WiFi card. When I run "netsh wlan show drivers" it says that there is no support for hosted networks, even though the intel website does claim Mobile Hotspot is supported for this model, and i've been using it in the past.

I've tried many of the possible fixes that I could find on the internet, but none of them seemed to help, so i'm turning to this forum now. Any help is much appreciated. If you need further info, please ask.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
    JRKB

:)

JRKB, Jul 8, 2019

2. Intel dual band wireless-ac 8260 adapter issues

HPEliteBook with Windows 7 using Intel dual band wireless-ac 8260 adapter keeps unistalling the adapter.

Every time this happens I have to use system restore to go back to a point where it works. I have now disabled all Windows and HP updates to see if it still happens.

How can I tell if it is the windows updates that is uninstalling the driver to the wireless adapter or if it is something else?

timewastedII, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Mobile Hotspot no longer working (intel AC 8260)

Unable to connect to my Windows 10 Hotspot from my mobile device.

No other device is able to detect the notebook hotspot.

I've done some further research and discovered running the netsh wlan show drivers command that: Hosted network supported: No.

Does it mean the notebook doesn't support hotspots? It's a HP Elitebook 840, which came out recently this year, cannot believe it doesn't support hotspots.

There has to be something to make it work, because otherwise Windows shouldn't have been showing the mobile hotspot feature or at least it should have told me it's not supported when clicking on the hotspot tile

EDIT: Some further research clearly confirms it must be supported.

Why Hosted and Ad-Hoc Networks Are Not Working on Windows® 10

I have Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-8260 which is on the list. Why it doesn't work then?!?

Arkantos91, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Mobile Hotspot no longer working (intel AC 8260)

1. Mobile Hotspot no longer working (intel AC 8260) - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot longer

2. Mobile Hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot not working: Hello.My mobile hotspot stopped working, it stopped working about 2 weeks ago.In the settings, when I try to start it, it says “We cant set up mobile hotspot.”My specs:CPU: Intel Core i7 Q820 1.73GHzMemory RAM: 4 GBDisk: HDD 300 GBLaptop GPU: Nvidia Quadro FX 880MOS: Tiny10I...
  3. Mobile Hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot not working: Recently been using mobile hotspot on my laptop and it suddenly stopped working, being greyed out or just not working entirely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-not-working/f8a6a517-7c16-4081-8104-7a32437d8efd
  4. Mobile Hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot not working: Hello! For some days now, my mobile hospot is not working! The connected devices are recognized from my laptop and the hotspot is recognized from my devices but it says internet is not available. Thus, I cannot share my internet connection via hotspot even though my laptop...
  5. Mobile Hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot not working: Hello! For some days now, my mobile hospot is not working! The connected devices are recognized from my laptop and the hotspot is recognized from my devices but it says internet is not available. Thus, I cannot share my internet connection via hotspot even though my laptop...
  6. Mobile hotspot not working

Mobile hotspot not working: Hello,I have followed these steps to create a Mobile hotspot on my windows 10 Pro machine. System is connected through Ethernet port and under Ethernet Properties, I have enabled it to share connection to Local Area Connection* 10.I tried connecting it from my Mobile but it...
  7. Mobile hotspot is not working.

Mobile hotspot is not working.: Split from this thread. hey i did not solve this problem. any other way. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-is-not-working/f423fe29-c8c8-4628-818d-0257718533ca
  8. mobile hotspot not working

mobile hotspot not working: Hi there, I am in university and we connect to the internet via ethernet and have to use mobile hotspot to provide WiFi to our cellphones. I have a Dell laptop and when I try and use my mobile hotspot, it just loads, never connects, and says there is no internet connection....
  9. mobile hotspot not working

mobile hotspot not working: my laptop mobile hotspot not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-not-working/660151fe-dac5-4858-9045-bc8666344ab6
  10. Mobile Hotspot not working

Mobile Hotspot not working: I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 preinstalled. I remember turning Mobile Hotspot on before, and it worked perfectly. Now, when I try to turn it on, it ruins my Wifi driver. I can't connect to Wifi anymore, i tried reinstalling Wifi drivers, resetting the Wifi drivers......