Windows 10: Mobile Hotspot not showing up or detected on laptop

Discus and support Mobile Hotspot not showing up or detected on laptop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Mobile Hotspot feature is used to share the Internet connection via WiFi signals. These signals are later caught by other devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 4, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Mobile Hotspot not showing up or detected on laptop

Mobile Hotspot not showing up or detected on laptop Mobile-Hotspot-network-not-visible-on-other-devices-100x100.png
    Mobile Hotspot not showing up or detected on laptop Mobile-Hotspot-network-not-visible-on-other-devices-93x150.png The Mobile Hotspot feature is used to share the Internet connection via WiFi signals. These signals are later caught by other devices using WiFi and the Internet connection is shared. But some users have been reporting that the WiFi network [...]

This post Mobile Hotspot not showing up or detected on laptop is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Mobile Hotspot via USB tethered cell phone

Hi Phattie,

Just to clarify, are you trying to share the internet connection received by your Windows 10 laptop to other devices you have like Xbox? If so, we suggest to enable Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 by performing the following steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot tab on the left pane.
    • Turn on the "Share my Internet connection with other devices".
    • If you want to edit network info, click Edit.
    • Check your other device if it will detect your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Mobile hotspot in windows 10 laptop

Hi,

You may change the password of your mobile hotspot so that the person you don't allowed to use it can't connect to it. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried changing the password. Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how you can change the password of the Mobile hotspot.:

• Open Settings then select Network & Internet.
    • Choose Mobile hotspot.
    • Under Mobile hotspot section, you can see the current name of the Wi-Fi hotspot and password. To change mobile hotspot name or password or both, click the
      Edit button.
    • Enter a new password for the network. Click Save button. Note that the password must be of at least 8 characters.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Mobile Hotspot not showing up or detected on laptop

Mobile hotspot not showing in the network connection

I was trying to connect my mobile hotspot to my laptop, it stated connected but no internet (There was no issue with the internet in my mobile). Then I thought i would just forget the network and windows would find it again .Since then my mobile hotspot
    is not showing up in the available networks list. I also tried changing the mobile hotspot name and password it didn't work as well.

Any ideas on what to do?

Sruthi_raju, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Mobile Hotspot not showing up or detected on laptop

1. Mobile Hotspot not showing up or detected on laptop - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot showing

2. MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP: ginagamit ko ung laptop as hotspot kasi meron syang 5g nung una nakakagamit ako ng maayos then bigla nalang po parang nag update tapos ayun hinde na po ako makapag 5g ang lumalabas is the selected network band isn't available. select diffirent band and try again. pero sa 2.4g...
  3. Mobile Hotspot Edit Button Not Showing

Mobile Hotspot Edit Button Not Showing: Whenever I try to use my mobile hotspot, It can be turned on and the network can be selected but there is no option to edit the details and whenever I turn the hotspot on it doesn't show up on other devices. Can someone help? I have tried many guides and they don't seem to...
  4. Sony windows-10 not detecting Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony windows-10 not detecting Mobile Hotspot: Hello - My latopt sony vaio - Windows-10 is not detecting my Mobile Hotspot connection, although it dectects other WIFI networks. can anyone help...
  5. My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop

My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop: Why's my laptop not detecting my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot ? Other systems as mobile and pc detect my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot and my laptop also detects other phone's hotspot.Then why my laptop is not detecting my moblie's Wi-Fi?...
  6. setting up a mobile hotspot on windows 10 laptop

setting up a mobile hotspot on windows 10 laptop: I start a mobile hotspot on windows 10 laptop I am able to connect mobile phone to hotspot but mobile shows "Connected, no internet" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-mobile-hotspot-on-windows-10-laptop/c75bff55-cc9a-40eb-b766-1b18c25e77c8
  7. laptop mobile hotspot not working

laptop mobile hotspot not working: I have a Dell inspiron laptop with windows 10 installed. A have a broadband connection connected with ethernet cable to my laptop. I was trying to turn on hotspot in my laptop to use it as a router. I did all the processes but was not succesful in using the hotspot in my...
  8. MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP

MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP: why does my mobile hotpots is disconnecting??? i cannot use it to connect it with my phone and when i want to turn on my mobile hotspot (which i never turn off) it's buffering for a very long time.... [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. setting up mobile hotspot

setting up mobile hotspot: im using a dell i7 and i have just updatd to windows 10. im having trouble with setting up my hotspot. it keeps saying it cannot set up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/setting-up-mobile-hotspot/299565e9-193c-415f-880f-36050613b6a6
  10. Mobile hotspot option not showing up

Mobile hotspot option not showing up: The option for Mobile hotspot is not available in my PC . How can I fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/mobile-hotspot-option-not-showing-up/22d7d03b-a8f9-47ce-a742-dbdb45200871

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mobile hotspot not detected on laptop