Windows 10: Mobile hotspot possible to set to 'always on'?

Discus and support Mobile hotspot possible to set to 'always on'? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all I am currently using my Surface 3 to extend my WiFi (from my main router) coverage to my older devices which don't quite have a strong enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ellellell1, May 28, 2017.

1. Mobile hotspot possible to set to 'always on'?

Hi all

I am currently using my Surface 3 to extend my WiFi (from my main router) coverage to my older devices which don't quite have a strong enough signal to connect to my main router.

This is working great, however it is getting a bit annoying to constantly having to do this every time on startup and whenever my other devices are idle.

I have heard there is someway to do this with cmd commands but am unsure of exactly the correct procedure.

Any help is appreciated! *Smile

:)

ellellell1, May 28, 2017

2. mobile hotspot

Since a past windows update, there has been a possibility to create a mobile hotspot through my computer's ethernet.

this week, it stopped working, and when i try to activate the mobile hotspot, a message pops up saying: "We can't set up mobile hotspot"

i have a Dell Inspiron 15, Windows 10.

i didn't play with the settings at all.

how can I reactivate the mobile hotspot?

thanks!

Raizel Adler, May 28, 2017
  3. mobile hotspot not staying

Hi ghost1982,

it's a default Windows setting: the mobile hotspot turns off automatically if there is no connected device.
    There is no possibility to change this setting.

franco d'esaro, May 28, 2017
Thema:

Mobile hotspot possible to set to 'always on'?

1. Mobile hotspot possible to set to 'always on'? - Similar Threads - Mobile hotspot possible

2. Keep mobile hotspot always on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep mobile hotspot always on: Hi, I'm using my desktop PC as a makeshift router due to my current cirucmstances.I have an issue with the hotspot randomly turning off, despite my phone being connected to it. I can't seem to figure out a proper reason for this. I've seen many tutorials but they all mention...
  3. Keep mobile hotspot always on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep mobile hotspot always on: Hi, I'm using my desktop PC as a makeshift router due to my current cirucmstances.I have an issue with the hotspot randomly turning off, despite my phone being connected to it. I can't seem to figure out a proper reason for this. I've seen many tutorials but they all mention...
  4. Keep mobile hotspot always on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. mobile hotspot setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mobile hotspot setting: Hello, my asus' mobile hotspots can't connect to other device. even the IP Address and etc is correct. can you help me for this case? I have already reset my network in cmd and others but this system always can't sharing my internet network by mobile hotspot to other device...
  6. mobile hotspot setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile hotspot setting: Hello, my asus' mobile hotspots can't connect to other device. even the IP Address and etc is correct. can you help me for this case? I have already reset my network in cmd and others but this system always can't sharing my internet network by mobile hotspot to other device...
  7. Mobile Hotspot with dual band possible?

Mobile Hotspot with dual band possible?: Hello everyone, I use my computer as my router, since my house router doesn't cover all my house and my signal is better coming straight from my ethernet cable routing from my computer. I got a new wireless device for my pc just for that, and the device does support dual...
  8. Mobile hotspot setting missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mobile hotspot setting missing: I don't have any internet right now because of a problem of my services and I want to use mobile data from my phone but I don't have the setting in my windows. What could I do? "...
  9. Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot

Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot: I noticed an entry in the Mobile Hotspot section in Settings. There is an entry in Mobile Hotspot section that has me perplexed. Under "Share My Internet Connection From" there are two entries that are filled in: Network Name: Network Password: Both of these have been...
  10. setting up mobile hotspot

setting up mobile hotspot: im using a dell i7 and i have just updatd to windows 10. im having trouble with setting up my hotspot. it keeps saying it cannot set up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/setting-up-mobile-hotspot/299565e9-193c-415f-880f-36050613b6a6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mobile hotspot always on

2. set hotspot always on

3. windows hotspot always on

4. mobile hotspot possible to set to always on