Windows 10: Mobile Hotspot settings changing on their own

Discus and support Mobile Hotspot settings changing on their own in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a cat6 connection going to my gaming PC. I am trying to use my motherboards Wi-Fi to connect a VR headset directly to my computer. I create the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeremyToler, May 28, 2022.

1. Mobile Hotspot settings changing on their own

I have a cat6 connection going to my gaming PC. I am trying to use my motherboards Wi-Fi to connect a VR headset directly to my computer. I create the Mobile Hotspot to use 5Ghz connection and select Share Over Wi-Fi and everything works great. Then the headset will start to lag very bad and when I check the hotspot setting Share Over is using Bluetooth. This keeps happening, I can generally get about 3min of smooth wireless PCVR then the setting changes itself and I am in barf city. Is there any way to force Windows to keep using the Wi-Fi?

:)

JeremyToler, May 28, 2022

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 28, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Mobile hotspot in windows 10 laptop

Hi,

You may change the password of your mobile hotspot so that the person you don't allowed to use it can't connect to it. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried changing the password. Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how you can change the password of the Mobile hotspot.:

• Open Settings then select Network & Internet.
    • Choose Mobile hotspot.
    • Under Mobile hotspot section, you can see the current name of the Wi-Fi hotspot and password. To change mobile hotspot name or password or both, click the
      Edit button.
    • Enter a new password for the network. Click Save button. Note that the password must be of at least 8 characters.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 28, 2022
  4. Mobile Hotspot settings changing on their own

mobile hotspot settings on my laptop

Hi,

It looks like the Mobile Hotspot feature of your Windows 10 PC has been enabled. To turn this feature off, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Settings.
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot, then toggle it OFF.

Feel free to update us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 28, 2022
Thema:

Mobile Hotspot settings changing on their own

1. Mobile Hotspot settings changing on their own - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot settings

2. mobile hotspot setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mobile hotspot setting: Hello, my asus' mobile hotspots can't connect to other device. even the IP Address and etc is correct. can you help me for this case? I have already reset my network in cmd and others but this system always can't sharing my internet network by mobile hotspot to other device...
  3. mobile hotspot setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile hotspot setting: Hello, my asus' mobile hotspots can't connect to other device. even the IP Address and etc is correct. can you help me for this case? I have already reset my network in cmd and others but this system always can't sharing my internet network by mobile hotspot to other device...
  4. Mobile Hotspot settings changing on their own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot settings changing on their own: I have a cat6 connection going to my gaming PC. I am trying to use my motherboards Wi-Fi to connect a VR headset directly to my computer. I create the Mobile Hotspot to use 5Ghz connection and select Share Over Wi-Fi and everything works great. Then the headset will start to...
  5. Mobile HotSpot Is Disconnection On It's Own All The Time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile HotSpot Is Disconnection On It's Own All The Time: Sorry for opening a new thread about this, but I couldn't find a solution anywhere. I just bought a new laptop which had Windows 10 preinstalled, I reinstalled Windows 10 from scatch without all the bloatware which all laptops have preinstalled. Mobile Hotspot is working...
  6. Mobile HotSpot Is Disconnection On It's Own All The Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Mobile HotSpot Is Disconnection On It's Own All The Time: Sorry for opening a new thread about this, but I couldn't find a solution anywhere. I just bought a new laptop which had Windows 10 preinstalled, I reinstalled Windows 10 from scatch without all the bloatware which all laptops have preinstalled. Mobile Hotspot is working...
  7. Mobile hotspot setting missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mobile hotspot setting missing: I don't have any internet right now because of a problem of my services and I want to use mobile data from my phone but I don't have the setting in my windows. What could I do? "...
  8. Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot

Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot: I noticed an entry in the Mobile Hotspot section in Settings. There is an entry in Mobile Hotspot section that has me perplexed. Under "Share My Internet Connection From" there are two entries that are filled in: Network Name: Network Password: Both of these have been...
  9. setting up mobile hotspot

setting up mobile hotspot: im using a dell i7 and i have just updatd to windows 10. im having trouble with setting up my hotspot. it keeps saying it cannot set up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/setting-up-mobile-hotspot/299565e9-193c-415f-880f-36050613b6a6
  10. Mobile hotspot possible to set to 'always on'?

Mobile hotspot possible to set to 'always on'?: Hi all I am currently using my Surface 3 to extend my WiFi (from my main router) coverage to my older devices which don't quite have a strong enough signal to connect to my main router. This is working great, however it is getting a bit annoying to constantly having to...