Windows 10: Mobile hotspot shares connection only from one ethernet adapter

Discus and support Mobile hotspot shares connection only from one ethernet adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Mobile hotspot shares connection only from one ethernet adapter so when i disconnect from internet through docking station and connect ethernet cable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichalNeubauer, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Mobile hotspot shares connection only from one ethernet adapter

Mobile hotspot shares connection only from one ethernet adapter so when i disconnect from internet through docking station and connect ethernet cable directly to my laptop, i have to go to settings of said ethernet adapter and manually allow internet sharing so my mobile hotspot keeps working. I did not have to do this like two weeks ago. Is there a fix for this?

:)

MichalNeubauer, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Gowrish_S Win User

mobile hotspot

Hi Edman,

Thank you for the reply.

Please try this steps and let us know-

1. Right click on network icon and select Network and Sharing Center.
    2. Select Change Adapter settings.
    3. Right click on Ethernet connection and select Properties.
    4. Click on Sharing tab and uncheck the Checkbox which says “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection” and click on OK.
    5. Again, open Properties>Sharing for the same adapter and Check “Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection” and click on OK.
    6. Under the “Home networking connection”, select the mobile hotspot adapter and click on OK.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Gowrish_S, Dec 4, 2020
  3. mobile hotspot connection

Hi CELESTINEAMANKWAH-POKU,

first of all, try restarting the PC and try again.Otherwise, follow this procedure: Go to network connections, access the properties of the network adapter connected to the internet> Sharing tab, enable Internet Connection Sharing and confirm by pressing
    OK. (Skip this step if Internet Sharing is already enabled). Return to the Sharing tab and disable Internet Connection Sharing and confirm by pressing OK.
    Enable the mobile hotspot from the Settings panel and try again.

Note: When using the mobile hotspot, the checkboxes on the Sharing tab must remain unchecked, otherwise the mobile hotspot will not work

franco d'esaro, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Mobile hotspot shares connection only from one ethernet adapter

mobile hotspot not connecting

Open Mobile hotspot settings (Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot)

Turn on mobile hotspot

Under "Related Settings", click Change adapter options

Take note of which adapter is connected to the internet and which adapter is your mobile hotspot (typically named "Local Area Connection* [#]")

Right click the adapter that is connected to the internet and click Properties

Go to the Sharing tab

Uncheck "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection". If it is already unchecked, skip this step.

Click OK

Again, open Properties > Sharing for the same adapter.

Check "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection"

(If you get a popup that says "Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled...", click OK.)

Under "Home networking connection:", select the mobile hotspot adapter

Click OK

Open Start then type: regedit

Right click Regedit then click Run as administrator

Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WlanSvc\Parameters\HostedNetworkSettings\

Delete the following key:

HostedNetworkSettings

Restart then try again.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Mobile hotspot shares connection only from one ethernet adapter

1. Mobile hotspot shares connection only from one ethernet adapter - Similar Threads - Mobile hotspot shares

2. Not able to find hotspot while sharing ethernet connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to find hotspot while sharing ethernet connection.: Hi,this week i got a new laptopAcer aspire 7 - A715-42G. In my room, the only way I can connect to internet is via Ethernet cable, so I need to create hotspot to access internet wirelessly with my phoneRealme 6. The hotspot worked well for couple of days, but it changed...
  3. Not able to find hotspot while sharing ethernet connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to find hotspot while sharing ethernet connection.: Hi,this week i got a new laptopAcer aspire 7 - A715-42G. In my room, the only way I can connect to internet is via Ethernet cable, so I need to create hotspot to access internet wirelessly with my phoneRealme 6. The hotspot worked well for couple of days, but it changed...
  4. Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection: Hi, I know this question has been asked a few times but I have not been able to find a solution among them. I can enable my mobile hotspot and connect devices to it, but they do not get any internet connection, I've been able to use mobile hotspot in the past week on this...
  5. Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection: Hi, I know this question has been asked a few times but I have not been able to find a solution among them. I can enable my mobile hotspot and connect devices to it, but they do not get any internet connection, I've been able to use mobile hotspot in the past week on this...
  6. Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting

Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting: Hi,I've been using my computer as a mobile hotspot for my devices iPhone and iPad but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" on my iPhone when I try to connect, despite my computer having no problems connecting with the internet. I tried...
  7. Windows mobile hotspot feature wont share connection via ethernet

Windows mobile hotspot feature wont share connection via ethernet: Microsoft Windows Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720) Hello, this is my first post so I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but as described in the title, I can not share my internet connection via ethernet from my windows 10 pc when using the windows...
  8. Mobile hotspot sharing from

Mobile hotspot sharing from: How do i set this up in laptop. Under the sharing from box it dont have choice of cellular network even though the cell phone is in available Wi-Fi networks just wont connect 135229
  9. Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting

Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting: Hi, I've been using my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my devices (iPhone and iPad) but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" despite my laptop having no problems connecting with the Wi-Fi. I tried troubleshooting the Network Adapter and in the...
  10. mobile hotspot connection

mobile hotspot connection: hello, my aname is Amankwah, for sometime now im unable to connect my cell phone via hotspot like I used to. its been weeks now. any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connection/c302deba-0e78-47ad-a629-a83853878c2b