Windows 10: mobile hotspot shows on windows 7 laptop but not on windows 10 desktop

Discus and support mobile hotspot shows on windows 7 laptop but not on windows 10 desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My mobile hotspot through my S10 shows up on my windows 7 sony laptop which will connect to the internet. I then went onto my windows 10 desktop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by siamese06, Sep 29, 2019.

1. siamese06 Win User

mobile hotspot shows on windows 7 laptop but not on windows 10 desktop

My mobile hotspot through my S10 shows up on my windows 7 sony laptop which will connect to the internet. I then went onto my windows 10 desktop and the S10 is nowhere to be found. There is a "hidden network" showing up so i put in all my info and it will not connect. I have done this several times, reset, restarted, and tried everything and nothing happens. I did receive one error message that the "S10 network does exist already" but where is it to be found?

:)

siamese06, Sep 29, 2019

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Mobile hotspot in windows 10 laptop

Hi,

You may change the password of your mobile hotspot so that the person you don't allowed to use it can't connect to it. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried changing the password. Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how you can change the password of the Mobile hotspot.:

• Open Settings then select Network & Internet.
    • Choose Mobile hotspot.
    • Under Mobile hotspot section, you can see the current name of the Wi-Fi hotspot and password. To change mobile hotspot name or password or both, click the
      Edit button.
    • Enter a new password for the network. Click Save button. Note that the password must be of at least 8 characters.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 29, 2019
  4. mobile hotspot shows on windows 7 laptop but not on windows 10 desktop

Laptop cannot connect to mobile hotspot on Windows 10 mobile

Hi Aongola,

As we would need some additional information to troubleshoot the issue.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity.

1. Is the laptop able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?

2. Are other devices able to connect to the mobile hotspot network?

The Wi-Fi network might not be configured properly after the update. I suggest you to remove the old network created and try creating a new mobile hotspot network with new credentials. Further, remove the network from the Laptop connections by selecting
    Forget network.

Now connect to the new network from the Laptop and check if it gets connected.

Refer the article for steps to create a mobile hotspot on Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-phone-as-a-mobile-hotspot-mobile

Hope this helps to connect your laptop to Wi-Fi. Do keep us posted.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

mobile hotspot shows on windows 7 laptop but not on windows 10 desktop

1. mobile hotspot shows on windows 7 laptop but not on windows 10 desktop - Similar Threads - mobile hotspot shows

2. Mobile hotspot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot on windows 10: I discovered that my internet stops working when I turn on the mobile hotspot. I initially thought it was the network, I had already done a network reset and wasn't still working not until I turned off the hotspot. I use an ethernet connection. Please, I would love to know...
  3. MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP

MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP: ginagamit ko ung laptop as hotspot kasi meron syang 5g nung una nakakagamit ako ng maayos then bigla nalang po parang nag update tapos ayun hinde na po ako makapag 5g ang lumalabas is the selected network band isn't available. select diffirent band and try again. pero sa 2.4g...
  4. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot: Hello everyone,So I live in a student accommodation, and I use an ethernet cable for my desktop. Basically I don't have private internet.When I open up the mobile hotspot, my phone says "no internet connection". THIS DOESNT HAPPEN IF I USE MY LAPTOP.I tried many methods on...
  5. My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop

My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop: Why's my laptop not detecting my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot ? Other systems as mobile and pc detect my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot and my laptop also detects other phone's hotspot.Then why my laptop is not detecting my moblie's Wi-Fi?...
  6. Mobile hotspot on windows 10

Mobile hotspot on windows 10: so i was messing with some configs and other stuff and now when i turn the mobile hotspot on on my laptop my phone sees the wifi but when it tries to connect it wont it just doesnt have wifi please help....
  7. Mobile Hotspot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mobile Hotspot Windows 10: I have set up a mobile hotspot and it works correctly. However, the hotspot is set to 'Off' after reboot or startup. How can I set it to automatically start when Windows starts. I have search for solutions on Google and, needless to say, none of them solve the problem....
  8. Windows 10 Laptop Mobile Hotspot Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Laptop Mobile Hotspot Not Working: My settings completely freeze when I try to click on mobile hotspot. Every other option works fine with no lags or freezing. Is there any other way to turn a laptop into a hotspot, or is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks! submitted by /u/JUNK3DAF [link]...
  9. Mobile Hotspot not showing up or detected on laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Mobile Hotspot not showing up or detected on laptop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Mobile Hotspot feature is used to share the Internet connection via WiFi signals. These signals are later caught by other devices using WiFi and the Internet connection is shared. But some users have been reporting that the WiFi network [...] This post...
  10. MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP

MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP: why does my mobile hotpots is disconnecting??? i cannot use it to connect it with my phone and when i want to turn on my mobile hotspot (which i never turn off) it's buffering for a very long time.... [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...