Windows 10: Mobile Hotspot shuts down randomly

Discus and support Mobile Hotspot shuts down randomly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I am trying to use the mobile hotspot feature of Windows 10 to route connectivity to my smartphone, it works, but after some minutes, it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hoppe, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Hoppe Win User

Mobile Hotspot shuts down randomly

Hello!

I am trying to use the mobile hotspot feature of Windows 10 to route connectivity to my smartphone, it works, but after some minutes, it just shuts down, for no reason. I don't turn it off, it turns itself off alone.

I already turned off the checkbox "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box" in the device configs, it stills randomly turning off my hotspot.

Do anyone have any clue on what could be happening?

:)

Hoppe, Feb 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Mobile Hotspot shuts down randomly

Mobile hotspot??

Hi,

Seeing other Wi-Fi range on your device is normal, especially, other devices that are configured for mobile hotspot. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Where did you see the Wi-Fi name and password? A screenshot of it is highly appreciated.
    • Does your mobile hotspot name and password is also shown on it?
    • Are you getting any connection issues on your mobile hotspot?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Mobile Hotspot shuts down randomly

1. Mobile Hotspot shuts down randomly - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot shuts

2. Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot shuts down internet when connected to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot shuts down internet when connected to: I have been using the Mobile Hotspot feature for a while without any issues. Recently after i connected my mobile to the Mobile Hotspot , internet connection on my COMPUTER shuts down almost completely the only website i have access too , apart from google search is...
  3. Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot shuts down internet when connected to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot shuts down internet when connected to: I have been using the Mobile Hotspot feature for a while without any issues. Recently after i connected my mobile to the Mobile Hotspot , internet connection on my COMPUTER shuts down almost completely the only website i have access too , apart from google search is...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  5. Mobile hotspot works randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot works randomly: Hi. I really frustrated how mobile hotspot works in Windows 10. I want to use my network card with wifi https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089FCX3C3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HWT3XGXG3SSZ0BRX8GJ4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 it has intel ax200 chipset to create hotspot network. I use it to...
  6. Random Shut Downs

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shut Downs: Hello, I recently built a PC(System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB VENTUS XS OC, F2 MicroATX Mini Tower - PCPartPicker) about a little over a month ago and recently I have been having a weird problem. First off, when building it there is a...
  7. Random "Shutting down.."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random "Shutting down..": Hi guys! I'm seekig for help I have a few computers having the same issue.. They randomly shut down.. (with the Shutting down screen) There are no temperature issues.. what should I try to do? (the pc's are publicly used) submitted by /u/xnevenx [link] [comments]...
  8. Random shut-down

Random shut-down: My PC keeps shutting down frequently (Windows 10 - temperature OK) with an ID41 kernel power critical error. So far I have been able to find no help at all. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-shut-down/c98828d8-f931-4eb1-9531-9cb8dc10341a
  9. Random Shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Shutting down: Recently, my laptop was turning off while charging and now, unplugged, it turns off immediately after turning on with a full battery. It's an Asus laptop that I've only had for about a year and only recently started having issues....
  10. Randomly shuts down

Randomly shuts down: Hello, this problem started since I bought my laptop (already has windows 10 on it) It shuts down A LOT. The blue screen shows up sometimes but it just restart w/out the blue screen thing randomly! I've been playing Sims 4 and it's really annoying because I have to save...