Windows 10: Mobile hotspot suddenly wont let me use 5ghz

Discus and support Mobile hotspot suddenly wont let me use 5ghz in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use my pc as a hot spot and for some reason it won't let me use 5g network anymore.my pc still gets the same bandwidth but the the wifi is only 2.4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlonKarako, May 22, 2023.

1. Mobile hotspot suddenly wont let me use 5ghz

I use my pc as a hot spot and for some reason it won't let me use 5g network anymore.my pc still gets the same bandwidth but the the wifi is only 2.4 and when selecting 5g i get the message:"The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again."im using TUF GAMING ZOO-PLUS WI-FI motherboard. any idea what's happening and how can i solve it?

:)

AlonKarako, May 22, 2023

2. Laptop wont connect to Android hotspot 5ghz but does on 2.4ghz

good evening,

I have a problem where i cant connect to 5Ghz hotspot from my samsung 21. It is set up as 5Ghz on my phone but says unable to connect to network. If i set my phone as 2.4Ghz it will connect fine. I have ruled out the phone as i can connect my works phone to the 5Ghz hotspot. When i try set up my works phone as the 5Ghz hot spot i get the same issue on the laptop. I have tried everything i can think of. My laptop does connect to 5Ghz wifi as this is what i use in my home to game. It just seems to be hotspot that it wont allow. Below is a list of what i have tried.

Forgetting the hotspot
    Flight mode
    Manually adding the wireless connection
    Changing network adapters to show 5Ghz connections only
    Updating windows to latest update
    Network adapters are updated

One thing i did do that worked the first time was open command prompt and do these commands below

netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns

Then i restarted laptop and it connected to 5Ghz hotspot. Then after 30 minutes it disconnected and i have not been able to connect again, even after repeating the above steps. Please help!
    Thank you

Idundeexuk, May 22, 2023
  3. SpaceGod Win User
    Windows 10 5GHz Mobile Hotspot Option

Hi Richard,

What I am doing is trying to create a 5GHz hotspot on my desktop WiFi card, that does support 5GHz, to my smart tv that also supports 5GHz. The only connection I have going to my router is my desktop through a Ethernet cable. From this theoretical setup,
    everything should work; but the windows mobile hotspot software is not letting me set up a 5GHz hotspot on my desktop.

Thanks.

SpaceGod, May 22, 2023
  4. Mobile hotspot suddenly wont let me use 5ghz

windows 10 suddenly unable to brodcast on 5GHZ for mobile hotspot

Hi there! So I have a nintendo switch that only works with my internet when connected through hotspot since I can have the hotspot go through the VPN that I use, which in turn allows me to play online with friends on my Switch. However today, when I was switching games (and re-connecting because I need to do that every time for some reason, which involves me re-starting my hotspot), the 5GHz band has decided to not work anymore. I have tried updating the wifi drivers, setting it to only use 5GHz in the device manager, I've tried with and without my VPN turned on, it just does not work anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My pc is connected to the internet through Ethernet as it always has been. The wireless adaptor I use is: intel(r) dual band wireless-ac 3168 driver running update 19.51.38.2.

RileyAverton, May 22, 2023
Thema:

Mobile hotspot suddenly wont let me use 5ghz

1. Mobile hotspot suddenly wont let me use 5ghz - Similar Threads - Mobile hotspot suddenly

2. Mobile hotspot suddenly wont let me use 5ghz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile hotspot suddenly wont let me use 5ghz: I use my pc as a hot spot and for some reason it won't let me use 5g network anymore.my pc still gets the same bandwidth but the the wifi is only 2.4 and when selecting 5g i get the message:"The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again."im...
  3. Mobile hotspot suddenly wont let me use 5ghz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot suddenly wont let me use 5ghz: I use my pc as a hot spot and for some reason it won't let me use 5g network anymore.my pc still gets the same bandwidth but the the wifi is only 2.4 and when selecting 5g i get the message:"The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again."im...
  4. Issues starting a Mobile hotspot over 5GHz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues starting a Mobile hotspot over 5GHz: Hi, I have an Asus Z690-I motherboard which has an Intel AX210 Wifi adapter, capable of supporting up to Wifi 6E.I would like to set up Mobile hotspot on the 5GHz band for higher throughput to my Oculus Quest 2, but every time I try it, I get the error message: "The selected...
  5. Issues starting a Mobile hotspot over 5GHz

Issues starting a Mobile hotspot over 5GHz: Hi, I have an Asus Z690-I motherboard which has an Intel AX210 Wifi adapter, capable of supporting up to Wifi 6E.I would like to set up Mobile hotspot on the 5GHz band for higher throughput to my Oculus Quest 2, but every time I try it, I get the error message: "The selected...
  6. windows 10 suddenly unable to brodcast on 5GHZ for mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 suddenly unable to brodcast on 5GHZ for mobile hotspot: Hi there! So I have a nintendo switch that only works with my internet when connected through hotspot since I can have the hotspot go through the VPN that I use, which in turn allows me to play online with friends on my Switch. However today, when I was switching games and...
  7. windows 10 suddenly unable to brodcast on 5GHZ for mobile hotspot

windows 10 suddenly unable to brodcast on 5GHZ for mobile hotspot: Hi there! So I have a nintendo switch that only works with my internet when connected through hotspot since I can have the hotspot go through the VPN that I use, which in turn allows me to play online with friends on my Switch. However today, when I was switching games and...
  8. windows 10 suddenly unable to brodcast on 5GHZ for mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. No longer can create 5GHz mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No longer can create 5GHz mobile hotspot: When attempting to create a 5GHz mobile hotspot, I receive the error "the selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again." I have not recently changed any hardware, and my drivers are updated. This error started appearing about 2 weeks ago and...
  10. Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band: Turning on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band fails with "The selected network band is not available. Select a different band and try again." https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006SCL7/5ghz-network-band-isnt-available-select-a-different-band-and-try-again is the support...