Windows 10: Mobile hotspot, unable to obtain IP address

Discus and support Mobile hotspot, unable to obtain IP address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been using the mobile hotspot on windows 10 to provide internet for my phone for a year already and it was working flawlessly until June 2019... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by loi n.i., Sep 25, 2019.

1. loi n.i. Win User

Mobile hotspot, unable to obtain IP address

I've been using the mobile hotspot on windows 10 to provide internet for my phone for a year already and it was working flawlessly until June 2019 (somewhere around that time) which my mobile devices couldn't connect to it anymore. I've tried using 2 mobile phones in which both said they were "Failed to obtain IP address".

I tried several solutions online but none of them worked:

1. Unchecking the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" on the Ethernet connection I'm trying to share.

2. Resetting the network via the Network & internet AND the netsh and ipconfic commands.

3. Updating the network adapter drivers.

4. Deleted HostedNetworkSettings in regedit

5. Enabled and Disabled ICS

My laptop uses the Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 Adapter. I'm using Windows 10 Home 1803.

One thing I'm super confused is that in netsh wlan show drivers, it says that Hosted network is NOT supported but it was clearly working before...

:)

loi n.i., Sep 25, 2019

2. Mobile hotspot on Dell Inspiron 15 will no longer obtain IP address

The mobile hotspot on my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop WAS working fine, but now it will not obtain an IP address when I try to connect my phone, smart TV, etc., to it. My devices can see the network, and they try to connect, but I end up getting an error message
    that it 'failed to obtain IP address.'

PamelaHaines, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Mobile Hotspot shows obtaining ip address..... What to do?

After starting the hotspot my device connects and just shows obtaining ip address. Also the hotspot button in notification area doesn't work

need solutions to this....

Krishna Chaitanya G, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Ankit5680 Win User

Mobile Hotspot after Creators Update - Connecting device stuck at 'Obtaining IP address'

Hi,

A new option showed up after updating to creator's update called 'Mobile Hotspot'. I set up new hotspot network name and password and tried to connect to the hotspot on my mobile phone. After entering the password and clicking connect on my mobile, the status
    is stuck at 'Obtaining IP address'.

Are there any additional settings?

I use Avast Premier Anti-Virus program.

Ankit5680, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Mobile hotspot, unable to obtain IP address - Similar Threads - Mobile hotspot unable

2. Mobile Hotspot devices can't getting IP Address - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot devices can't getting IP Address - Windows 10: Hi,When I enable Mobile Hotspot on my Laptop, other devices phone, tablet couldn't get IP from hotspot.I share my VPN connection and when I select sharing, I get this message:...
  3. Mobile Hotspot devices can't getting IP Address - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot devices can't getting IP Address - Windows 10: Hi,When I enable Mobile Hotspot on my Laptop, other devices phone, tablet couldn't get IP from hotspot.I share my VPN connection and when I select sharing, I get this message:...
  4. Mobile Hotspot devices can't getting IP Address - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 hotspot stuck at obtaining IP address

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 hotspot stuck at obtaining IP address: I have windows 10 build 1909 and my wifi card is the intel wireless-ac 9260 and have the latest drivers installed and have my PC connected with a LAN cable. When I setup the hotspot connection and try to connect to it from my mobile phone, the phone gets stuck at obtaining IP...
  6. How do you change the default mobile Hotspot IP address?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you change the default mobile Hotspot IP address?: I need setup a mobile hotspot on my laptop for my phone to connect to but also need my laptop to connect to another hotspot from another pc. I am having ip conflicts because both pcs are trying to use 192.168.137.1 as their gateways. I want to change one of the ip addresses...
  7. Mobile hotspot does not provide IP address

Mobile hotspot does not provide IP address: Hi, I am a huge user of the mobile hotspot functionality, but I recently installed updates KB4530684 and KB4533002 and since I cannot connect any device to the hotspot but it starts, I can see it from my phone. I already tried to : - check/uncheck all boxes of Sharing tab...
  8. Solved Android phone stuck on "obtaining ip address" while using mobile hotspot in windows 10

Solved Android phone stuck on "obtaining ip address" while using mobile hotspot in windows 10: I wanted to use mobile hopspot utility of Windows 10 on my laptop to share LAN connected internet with my android mobile phone, but wifi connection with laptop stucked at "obtaining ip address". My laptop had internet connection, whereas I could not get internet on my mobile....
  9. Mobile hotspot on Dell Inspiron 15 will no longer obtain IP address

Mobile hotspot on Dell Inspiron 15 will no longer obtain IP address: The mobile hotspot on my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop WAS working fine, but now it will not obtain an IP address when I try to connect my phone, smart TV, etc., to it. My devices can see the network, and they try to connect, but I end up getting an error message that it 'failed to...
  10. Windows 10 Hotspot - Stuck at obtaining IP Address

Windows 10 Hotspot - Stuck at obtaining IP Address: I'm trying to use my computer as a hot spot for my Xbox and cell phones. Read this entirely because I swear if someone links me to a Microsoft Support article about hot spots I will want to throw my p.c through the wall. First, I tried to enable the hotspot using the mobile...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer cant find ip adress using hotspot