Windows 10: Mobile hotspot - vpn use

Discus and support Mobile hotspot - vpn use in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so i'm trying to set up one of my three ethernet connected networked pcs (all windows 10, 64 machines) as a mobile hotspot to be used as a vpn gateway... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aeneas1, Sep 24, 2019.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Mobile hotspot - vpn use

so i'm trying to set up one of my three ethernet connected networked pcs (all windows 10, 64 machines) as a mobile hotspot to be used as a vpn gateway for my apple tv, but i just can't quite sort it out and am hoping for some help.

first, enabling "mobile hotspot" works on two of my machines but not on the thrid (i get a "we can't set up mobile hotspot" error message when i try to enable it, but none of the many, many google "fixes" i've tried works)... but i should be able to use one of the other networked machines as a hotspot, right? also, all three machines have the same vpn software installed.

i tried going the vpn router route, i.e. connecting to a router that's been configured with a vpn, but i quickly discovered that i don't want all of my machines accessing the web via vpn because it's considerably slower than a direct connection, and i have no need for a vpn connection for all of my machines.

as mentioned, this is all about getting my apple device to go through a vpn (as opposed to configuring the dns settings i the apple device), and at first blush setting up a mobile hotspot, a virtual router, on one of vpn enabled pcs seemed like the best option, but i just can't seem to get it to work.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

aeneas1, Sep 24, 2019
  2. aeneas1 Win User

Mobile hotspot - vpn use

so i'm trying to set up one of my three ethernet connected networked pcs (all windows 10, 64 machines) as a mobile hotspot to be used as a vpn gateway for my apple tv, but i just can't quite sort it out and am hoping for some help.

first, enabling "mobile hotspot" works on two of my machines but not on the thrid (i get a "we can't set up mobile hotspot" error message when i try to enable it, but none of the many, many google "fixes" i've tried works)... but i should be able to use one of the other networked machines as a hotspot, right? also, all three machines have the same vpn software installed.

i tried going the vpn router route, i.e. connecting to a router that's been configured with a vpn, but i quickly discovered that i don't want all of my machines accessing the web via vpn because it's considerably slower than a direct connection, and i have no need for a vpn connection for all of my machines.

as mentioned, this is all about getting my apple device to go through a vpn (as opposed to configuring the dns settings i the apple device), and at first blush setting up a mobile hotspot, a virtual router, on one of vpn enabled pcs seemed like the best option, but i just can't seem to get it to work.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

aeneas1, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Mobile hotspot - vpn use

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Mobile hotspot - vpn use

1. Mobile hotspot - vpn use - Similar Threads - Mobile hotspot vpn

2. Using mobile hotspot with no internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using mobile hotspot with no internet access: Here, someone else has asked this question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-with-no-internet/2e92a999-5215-46d6-8d3e-d22a22fd287a Since it is locked and no one cares anymore and since it seems the issue is still not solved, I would like to...
  3. Using mobile hotspot with no internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using mobile hotspot with no internet access: Here, someone else has asked this question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-with-no-internet/2e92a999-5215-46d6-8d3e-d22a22fd287a Since it is locked and no one cares anymore and since it seems the issue is still not solved, I would like to...
  4. Miracast while using mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast while using mobile hotspot.: Hi! Is there any way to Miracast on windows 10 from Android while im using my pc as a mobile hotspot? submitted by /u/Ferterini [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u60z25/miracast_while_using_mobile_hotspot/
  5. Can't use laptop as a mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use laptop as a mobile hotspot: I am trying to set up my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my Android phone. I want to share the laptop's wi-fi internet connection with the phone over a bluetooth connection between the phone and laptop. I can connect the phone and laptop via bluetooth and turn on the laptop...
  6. Can't use laptop as a mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use laptop as a mobile hotspot: I am trying to set up my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my Android phone. I want to share the laptop's wi-fi internet connection with the phone over a bluetooth connection between the phone and laptop. I can connect the phone and laptop via bluetooth and turn on the laptop...
  7. Using Win10 as Mobile Hotspot

Using Win10 as Mobile Hotspot: I'm working towards using my mobile phone for my home internet instead of DSL. But since I have limited data, I think my best option is to connect my phone to my 2-in-1 tablet as a mobile hotspot, then connect all of my other devices to my tablet as a second hotspot....
  8. How to make Mobile Hotspot use the VPN

How to make Mobile Hotspot use the VPN: Hi, I often use the Windows 10 built in "Mobile Hotspot" feature to share my notebook's internet connection ("Ethernet 2" in my Network Connections, wired). It makes use of the notebook's internal wifi card (Wi-Fi 4) to wirelessly transmit the internet signal to mobile...
  9. Windows10 not connecting vpn through the mobile hotspot

Windows10 not connecting vpn through the mobile hotspot: Hi Team, we've done all the troubleshoots to fix the issues but it was not helping at all. We would like to know is there any solution to connect the VPN by connecting to mobile hot spot....
  10. what is the use of mobile hotspot ?

what is the use of mobile hotspot ?: The mobile hotspot facility available in windows 10 does'nt seem to connect after trying allthe options, then what for it is given when it does not get connected...