Windows 10: Mobile Hotspot with dual band possible?

Discus and support Mobile Hotspot with dual band possible? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I use my computer as my router, since my house router doesn't cover all my house and my signal is better coming straight from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by quelgs, Apr 9, 2020.

1. quelgs Win User

Mobile Hotspot with dual band possible?

Hello everyone,

I use my computer as my router, since my house router doesn't cover all my house and my signal is better coming straight from my ethernet cable routing from my computer. I got a new wireless device for my pc just for that, and the device does support dual band, for sharing and receiving. But I have not found a way to share both bands in my hotspot.

I have already tried setting my wireless mode for 802.11n or 802.11ac, which are the dual band standards, but only 5ghz shows up in those modes.

The reason why I want to do that is that my personal phone can connect to a 5ghz and works better it has a problem with bluetooth devices in the 2.4ghz but my work phone only connects to 2.4ghz signals.

So, am I missing something? Is there any other settings I should change? Is it possible to share both? Or just not?

My wireless adapter is the TpLink AC600 Archer T2U Plus

Mobile Hotspot with dual band possible? 7d771060-e22a-44e9-9ceb-c1b362469ca4?upload=true.png

:)

quelgs, Apr 9, 2020

2. Whether the Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Dual SIM Mobile phone being sold in India has dual wcdma bands or quad wcdma bands

The link for 3G version is at http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/mobile/phone/lumia640-xl-dual-sim/specifications/ it says that lumia 640 xl has quad wcdma network bands and supports the following wcdma bands

• WCDMA network: Band 1 (2100 MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 5 (850 MHz), Band 8 (900 MHz)
    • But Amazon India website says that
    its has dual wcdma bands and only supports WCDMA, 1900/2100 MHz.

When you are saying "The listings would be correct" then you are referring to the listings on Microsoft link or Amazon link. Whose listings are correct? Amazon or Microsoft?

So, still it is not clear Whether the Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Dual SIM Mobile phone being sold in India has dual wcdma bands or quad wcdma bands

Can anyone please clarify?

MukeshSharma1980, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Chuck Cz Win User
    Win 10 Mobile Hotspot config to 5 Ghz band gets: The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again.

Win 10 1703 w/ all updates on and HP 255 G5 Notebook w/ all updates.

Trying to get a WiFi Mobile Hotspot running. Configured with Network Band to 5 GHz gets error "The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again." Have reviewed property settings and all looks good. Laptop has dual band WiFi
    radios.

Further information.

1. Laptop is Ethernet network connected.

2. WiFi controller is: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Driver 7/2/2017 19.51.4.2. WiFi connectiod is Enabled or Not Connected. Diagnostics are clean.

3. If I config Network Band to 2.4 GHz, all works well.

4. The laptop connects to WiFi on the 5 GHz band just fine (in place of Ethernet). This test proves the WiFi radio is working and enabled.

Google search on the error message gets no relevant hits.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chuck

Chuck Cz, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Mobile Hotspot with dual band possible?

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Mobile Hotspot with dual band possible?

1. Mobile Hotspot with dual band possible? - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot dual

2. Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing: I have windows 10 Pro and am trying to create a hotspot, however, when I turn in the hotspot, the "Band" feild is not showing at all ! I have a camera that works only over 2.4 Ghz bandwith and I am unable to connect it over the default 5 Ghz bandwith.I tired to go to the Wifi...
  3. Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing: I have windows 10 Pro and am trying to create a hotspot, however, when I turn in the hotspot, the "Band" feild is not showing at all ! I have a camera that works only over 2.4 Ghz bandwith and I am unable to connect it over the default 5 Ghz bandwith.I tired to go to the Wifi...
  4. Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Mobile Hotspot no option to change band

Windows Mobile Hotspot no option to change band: I'm trying to use a Fenvi AX1800 with a Realtek 8832AU chipset usb adapter to set up a 5ghz mobile hotspot but when I turn it on it creates a 2.4ghz network with no option to change it. I can "trick" it into changing to the 5ghz band by connecting the adapter to a 5ghz...
  6. Windows Mobile Hotspot no option to change band

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mobile Hotspot no option to change band: I'm trying to use a Fenvi AX1800 with a Realtek 8832AU chipset usb adapter to set up a 5ghz mobile hotspot but when I turn it on it creates a 2.4ghz network with no option to change it. I can "trick" it into changing to the 5ghz band by connecting the adapter to a 5ghz...
  7. Windows Mobile Hotspot no option to change band

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Dual Band Mobile Hotspot

Dual Band Mobile Hotspot: Hi everyone, I was just wondering if it was possible to share an ethernet connection through both the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands. My wireless adapter has support for dual-band and has two antennas. The reason for this is because I live in an area with a lot, and I mean A LOT of...
  9. How to create a Dual Band Wifi Hotspot?

How to create a Dual Band Wifi Hotspot?: Hi, I'm trying to share my ethernet connection and create a Dual Band hotspot. When I turn the hotspot on, with the Network band set to "Any", I get the error message: You're sharing your connection over the 5 GHz network band. The network might not appear on devices that...
  10. Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band

Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band: Turning on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band fails with "The selected network band is not available. Select a different band and try again." https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006SCL7/5ghz-network-band-isnt-available-select-a-different-band-and-try-again is the support...