Windows 10: mobile hotspot worked perfectly, 2hrs later doesn't work

Discus and support mobile hotspot worked perfectly, 2hrs later doesn't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 Laptop mobile hotspot to get internet on Samsung phone. I turned it on at 8am connected and surfed on phone, easy. then i turned it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lk1zn, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Lk1zn Win User

mobile hotspot worked perfectly, 2hrs later doesn't work

Using Windows 10 Laptop mobile hotspot to get internet on Samsung phone.

I turned it on at 8am connected and surfed on phone, easy. then i turned it off. i came back at 10am and turned it on, but now the phone doesn't show it in available wifi connections anymore.

what could possibly have gone wrong?

:)

Lk1zn, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Vanessa Yar Win User

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 6, 2018
  3. evancclayton Win User
    Windows 10 Mobile hotspot not working because of firewall

Hi!

Im currently only able to have ethernet internet, but im also trying to share this connection through windows 10 "mobile hotspot" to give wifi to my other devices.

The problem is when my firewall is on, the mobile hotspot doesnt work but as soon as I turn it off it works perfectly fine.

How do I allow windows 10 mobile hotspot through the firewall?

Thank you very much in advance!

evancclayton, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Genevieve Cri Win User

Mobile Hotspot can't work

Hi Antonius,

One of the reasons why mobile hotspot is not working in Windows 10 PC can be caused by an outdated network adapter driver.

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps that was provided by
    Billion Debbarma
    on this
    link
    to resolve your concern.

Do update us on this post if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Genevieve Cri, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. mobile hotspot worked perfectly, 2hrs later doesn't work - Similar Threads - mobile hotspot worked

2. Hotspot Not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hotspot Not working.: When I turn On my mobile hotspot it says that "we cant setup mobile hotspot". I am using windows 10 Home version 1803. I am connected to internet via lan cable but I am not able to access Mobile hotspot. Please help me in this regards....
  3. mobile hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mobile hotspot not working: I used to connect LAN to my laptop (windows 10) and make it as a mobile hotspot for internet for my phone. But the mobile hotspot icon is just showing "disconnecting" as if it is stuck. I restarted and shut it down for many times nothing is happening, help, please...
  4. mobile hotspot not working

mobile hotspot not working: my laptop mobile hotspot not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-not-working/660151fe-dac5-4858-9045-bc8666344ab6
  5. Mobile Hotspot won't work - 1803

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mobile Hotspot won't work - 1803: Mobile Hotspot of Windows 10 used to work in previous versions but in my current version 1803, it just won't work. I try enabling it either from the notifications center or from settings, but it won't start. When i click it from the notification center it just says...
  6. Mobile hotspot not working

Mobile hotspot not working: Mobile hotspot not working in my Pc Windows 10. A few days ago, my mobile hotspot worked perfectly, turn off my PC and after I turned it on it doesn't work anymore...
  7. Mobile Hotspot not working

Mobile Hotspot not working: I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 preinstalled. I remember turning Mobile Hotspot on before, and it worked perfectly. Now, when I try to turn it on, it ruins my Wifi driver. I can't connect to Wifi anymore, i tried reinstalling Wifi drivers, resetting the Wifi drivers......
  8. Mobile hotspot for windows 10 not working

Mobile hotspot for windows 10 not working: When I tried to use the mobile hotspot function on my windows 10 laptop, the devices connected to the hotspot said "wifi doesn't have a vaid IP configuration". The computer gets its own wifi through an ethernet cable. I have tried reinstalling drivers on both devices(the...
  9. [Windows 10] Mobile Hotspot is not working.

[Windows 10] Mobile Hotspot is not working.: So I have a Lenovo Y700 laptop with Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165) running on it. I cannot connect my mobile phone (or any other device) to the Mobile Hotspot's network. I can turn on/off Mobile Hotspot, edit network name, password, and band but my mobile phone...
  10. Bluetooth works perfectly, BUT...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth works perfectly, BUT...: ...after Windows 1803 update Bluetooth works differently. I used to use remote control of my Bluetooth speakers (and headphones, and portable speaker) to switch between and pause/play songs/movies in media players (MPC for video, foobar2000 for audio, and other). Now I can...