Windows 10: mobile hotspot working but no hosted network support

Discus and support mobile hotspot working but no hosted network support in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; kindly give answer to this question:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sahilsachan, Jun 1, 2019.

1. mobile hotspot working but no hosted network support

sahilsachan, Jun 1, 2019

2. Why does "Mobile Hotspot" work, but not the netsh "Hosted Network"?

Hi Matthew,

Mobile Hotspot is a feature that has been recently added during the release of Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607), while the Hosted Network started with Windows 7. It became a more popular approach in creating virtual WiFi networks since Windows 8
    had the Ad hoc connection was removed from the Network and Sharing Center.

With this in mind, setting up a virtual wifi network using the Hosted Network feature of netsh is now being managed by the Mobile Hotspot feature of Windows 10 version 1607. Hence, you will notice that using the Mobile Hotspot works but setting it up manually
    using Hosted Network doesn't.

If you really prefer to set up your virtual wifi network manually using Hosted Network instead of the new Mobile Hostpost feature, you may follow the steps below and recreate your virtual hotspot network:

Method 1: Enable Network Sharing.

• Press Windows key + R from your keyboard.
    • Type ncpa.cpl and hit enter.
    • Click Sharing tab.
    • Place a check mark under "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection".
    • Click Apply and hit OK.
    • Restart your computer.
    Method 2: Modifying Power Management Setting.

• Press Windows key + R from your keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand Network Adapters, right-click on the wireless adapter and then select
      Properties.
    • Choose Power Management tab.
    • Place a check mark under "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.
    Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Hotspot not working error HOSTED NETWORK SUPPORT:NO

Hi Phani,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the link below suggested by JayCap on November 19, 2015
    and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Hosted Network Supported: No after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jun 1, 2019
  4. mobile hotspot working but no hosted network support

hosted network support- no

Hi Dev RajLamichaney.

Why don't you use the integrated Windows Mobile Hotspot feature instead of using the Hosted Network functionality?

The reason why Hosted Network does not work is already reported in the screenshot you posted: Your wi-fi adapter DOES NOT SUPPORT the hosted network and Kapil Arya has already explained it very clearly to you.
    So either you use Hotspot Mobile or you have to contact the manufacturer of your PC if you can get an old driver that supports the functionality of the hosted network. Microsoft has nothing to do with it.

franco d'esaro, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

mobile hotspot working but no hosted network support

1. mobile hotspot working but no hosted network support - Similar Threads - mobile hotspot working

2. Mobile Hotspot vs Hosted Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot vs Hosted Network: Hi, My situation is as follows:I'm in a dorm room with a single ethernet port, and no wifi. Currently I'm using my windows PC to act as a router for all my other devices, with a wifi antenna attached to it. Currently I'm making use of the Hotspot, but it's not that reliable...
  3. Mobile Hotspot vs Hosted Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot vs Hosted Network: Hi, My situation is as follows:I'm in a dorm room with a single ethernet port, and no wifi. Currently I'm using my windows PC to act as a router for all my other devices, with a wifi antenna attached to it. Currently I'm making use of the Hotspot, but it's not that reliable...
  4. Mobile Hotspot vs Hosted Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. hosted network supported: no

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hosted network supported: no: Hello all,I'm attempting to set up a virtual router for a VPN and I've attempted every troubleshooting tutorial and video out there and cant figure this out!I'm fresh install of windows 11, drivers seem to be updated, please assist.Network is already shared.Network adapters...
  6. Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot: For a couple months I've used the hosted network option for my ethernet, to turn it into a wifi connection for devices I use. Now, the hosted networking turns on fine, and my devices connect to it and work all the same, but my PC's ethernet connection falls dead, with my...
  7. Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot: For a couple months I've used the hosted network option for my ethernet, to turn it into a wifi connection for devices I use. Now, the hosted networking turns on fine, and my devices connect to it and work all the same, but my PC's ethernet connection falls dead, with my...
  8. Mobile hotspot on windows 10 no longer working, 'hosted network supported' now says no

Mobile hotspot on windows 10 no longer working, 'hosted network supported' now says no: As of yesterday the mobile hotspot on my laptop is no longer working. When I run netsh wlan show drivers in the command prompt it now says 'Hosted network supported: no'. How can this be the case when I have been using the mobile hotspot perfectly fine up until now? And how...
  9. Is "Mobile Hotspot" feature the same with manually create "Hosted Network" ?

Is "Mobile Hotspot" feature the same with manually create "Hosted Network" ?: I use a USB wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN723N which support Hosted Network. I've tried to manually create a Hosted Network without any internet connection guided from the internet : 1. netsh wlan show drivers ---> Hosted network supported : Yes 2. netsh wlan set...
  10. Support IPv6 in mobile hotspot network sharing.

Support IPv6 in mobile hotspot network sharing.: I have a native IPv6 connection for my cable network. However, I cannot share that network through mobile hotspot in Windows 10. When I use mobile device to connect the hotspot, it can only get IPv4 address....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no hosted support for mobile hotspot

2. hosted network no mobile hotspot