Windows 10: Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop

Discus and support Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was using my work laptop to share internet to my iphone using an inbuilt mobile hotspot feature I have lan connenction all the time during my work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sohaib Hasan1, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop

I was using my work laptop to share internet to my iphone using an inbuilt mobile hotspot feature I have lan connenction all the time during my work hours. Now, I am facing a problem that when i open the mobile hotspot feature, I can only use internet on my iphone and there's no internet access in my laptop although ethernet and wifi conection at work are still showing up connected in my laptop. When I switch off hotspot, internet starts working in laptop.Like I can only use internet on my laptop or on my iphone using mobile hotspot feature. Earlier this was not the case, i was enjoying

:)

Sohaib Hasan1, Jun 17, 2022

2. best way to use laptop internet as hotspot?

Hello,

My wifi router isnt working rightnow but internet is working by lan cable in laptop directly.

How can i use my laptop as wifi hotspot and use wifi in my mobile phone?

thx.

freebird_9924, Jun 17, 2022
  3. HP 15-ay513tx laptop "Connected, No Internet" on hotspot..

Hello,

I own a Dell Latitude 5430 and an HP 15-ay513tx. I often have to use my mobile's wifi hotspot to access internet on the go.

I notice that I am able to access the internet fine on the Dell laptop. However, the HP one is a peculiar case.

The HP Case:

So, on the HP, the internet works fine as long as I'm viewing my lecture videos (which happen to be MPEG-TS segmented videos with AES encryption).

However, if I view even a 10 minute long video on youtube, this is what has been occuring since the last 2-3 months:
    1. 2-3 minutes into the youtube video, the network icon starts showing the yellow exclamation mark. If I click on it, then for my wifi network, it says "Connected, No Internet". And I can no longer access the internet on laptop unless I:
      1. disable the network adapter, and re-enable it;
      2. reset the network stack (requiring restart); or,
      3. restart the system.
    2. However, if at this very point in time, I am able to browse the internet on my mobile's browser just fine!

So there are a couple of perplexing issues for me...
    1. the internet works fine on the mobile's browser, but not on the laptop's browser connected to that very mobile's wifi hotspot.
    2. Also, on the the laptop, internet works fine as long as I'm browsing regular pages (like while navigating to and typing this post) or when viewing the MPEG-TS lecture videos (which have never been less than 2 hours long). However, if I view a youtube video, I face this "Connected, No Internet" issue.

I have tried the following couple of things to no avail:
    1. I tried assigning DNSs (such as Google DNS and 1.1.1.1) in the IPv4 and the IPv6 files of my network adapter properties. This didn't help.
    2. Turning off the hotspot, re-enabling it and then connecting the laptop back to it.
    3. Turning the hotspot as well as mobile data off, re-enabling both of them and then connecting the laptop back to it.
    4. Using another mobile's hotspot. Even on the other mobile's hotspot, I face the same issue.
    5. Disabling the wifi adapter from Device manager and then re-enabling it didn't solve the issue either.

HP system specifications: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05404795
    Dell system specifications: https://www.dell.com/downloads/globa...spec_sheet.pdf (the i5 variant)

One of the suspects could be that one time, I had tried using the built-in Hyper-V Virtual Machine feature on my HP laptop. Since then, the number of network adapters has increased as per the following screenshot:

Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop [​IMG]

Also, since then, even while using my wifi hotspot, I don't get the usual wifi icon in the system tray. Instead, I get an ethernet-like icon:

Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop [​IMG]

Both my laptops (the Dell one as well as the HP one) are running Windows 10 1607 (OS Build 14393.953).

One of my constraints is that I cannot try updating my windows because of approaching exams.

Any suggestions which can help me fix this issue without a windows update?

- - - Updated - - -

[Update:] I just noticed that all this while, I had ignored that actual Realtek Wifi adapter in the control panel... I had tried disabling and re-enabling the Hyper-V adapter.. *Busted

So disabling and re-anabling the actual Realtek Wifi adapter does restore the wifi to normal. But it's a real hassle because video streams often aren't resuming when I reconnect to the mobile's hotspot. I have to reload the entire webpage and navigate to the timestamp to resume my videos.

Any solution which can help me solve this hassle?

Ten64BitUser, Jun 17, 2022
  4. Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop

laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

Hi,

I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot.

kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue.

RAHULSHARMA6989, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop

1. Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot working

2. Laptop internet stop working, if mobile hotspot turned on, but the hotspot connected device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop internet stop working, if mobile hotspot turned on, but the hotspot connected device...: I usually use my laptop as an personal access point on my bedroom for a long time without a problem until this day,when i suddenly got disconnected from my online game and i thought the game server was down, since the internet of my phone that connected to the hotspot is...
  3. Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop: I was using my work laptop to share internet to my iphone using an inbuilt mobile hotspot feature I have lan connenction all the time during my work hours. Now, I am facing a problem that when i open the mobile hotspot feature, I can only use internet on my iphone and there's...
  4. Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop

Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop: I was using my work laptop to share internet to my iphone using an inbuilt mobile hotspot feature I have lan connenction all the time during my work hours. Now, I am facing a problem that when i open the mobile hotspot feature, I can only use internet on my iphone and there's...
  5. Laptop internet not working after turning on laptop mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop internet not working after turning on laptop mobile hotspot: I recently updated my laptop June 14, 2022—KB5014699 OS Builds 19042.1766, 19043.1766, and 19044.1766. I use a direct ethernet connection to my laptop and use my laptop's mobile hotspot feature as wifi for my mobile phone. After the update, whenever I connect my mobile phone...
  6. Laptop internet not working after turning on laptop mobile hotspot

Laptop internet not working after turning on laptop mobile hotspot: I recently updated my laptop June 14, 2022—KB5014699 OS Builds 19042.1766, 19043.1766, and 19044.1766. I use a direct ethernet connection to my laptop and use my laptop's mobile hotspot feature as wifi for my mobile phone. After the update, whenever I connect my mobile phone...
  7. Laptop internet not working after turning on laptop mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. laptop mobile hotspot not working

laptop mobile hotspot not working: I have a Dell inspiron laptop with windows 10 installed. A have a broadband connection connected with ethernet cable to my laptop. I was trying to turn on hotspot in my laptop to use it as a router. I did all the processes but was not succesful in using the hotspot in my...
  9. Laptop connected to mobile hotspot but no internet

Laptop connected to mobile hotspot but no internet: I just updated my windows yesterday and when i tried to connected to my phone's hotspot, it doesn't have internet connection thought the internet on my phone seems to be working fine. What do you think is the problem? Thanks a lot, appreciate it....
  10. Home internet slow on PC but will connect to mobile hotspot fine

Home internet slow on PC but will connect to mobile hotspot fine: I've brought a pc home from work and from the first day i had problems with it. It wont even load one webpage. It's always been a little bit slow at work but the internet there is amazing so perhaps why we never noticed much? Now its at home, it just does NOT like my...