Windows 10: mobile hotspot

Discus and support mobile hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my mobile hot spot is not working. devices get stuck in the obtaining ip address part.. please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BibhuPandey, Aug 31, 2019.

1. mobile hotspot

my mobile hot spot is not working. devices get stuck in the obtaining ip address part..

please help

:)

BibhuPandey, Aug 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 31, 2019
  4. mobile hotspot

Mobile hotspot??

Hi,

Seeing other Wi-Fi range on your device is normal, especially, other devices that are configured for mobile hotspot. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Where did you see the Wi-Fi name and password? A screenshot of it is highly appreciated.
    • Does your mobile hotspot name and password is also shown on it?
    • Are you getting any connection issues on your mobile hotspot?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

mobile hotspot

1. mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - mobile hotspot

2. How do I set up static IP on a mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I set up static IP on a mobile hotspot: Hi, i need help to set up a local static ip on my pc (windows 10) that I use with my android phone's (oneplus 7) hotspot. When I set up my local ip for the first time it worked perfectly. I used the default gateway and dns server that i got from ipconfig. The problem is that...
  3. Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks

Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks: I am broadcasting a mobile data hotspot from my smartphone and it is not showing in my windows 10 PC, available wifi networks. My friend, with his phone, has successfully connected to my mobile hotspot, so I don't think this is an issue with the source, rather, the issue is...
  4. Regarding Mobile hotspot in windows 10 pro

Regarding Mobile hotspot in windows 10 pro: hello Microsoft, I am unable to use mobile hotspot in my laptop from few days, earlier it wasworking fine but now whenever I try to connect it says that,"To share your connection you need to add this feature to your cellular data plan first." I have surfed many times in...
  5. How to make Mobile Hotspot use the VPN

How to make Mobile Hotspot use the VPN: Hi, I often use the Windows 10 built in "Mobile Hotspot" feature to share my notebook's internet connection ("Ethernet 2" in my Network Connections, wired). It makes use of the notebook's internal wifi card (Wi-Fi 4) to wirelessly transmit the internet signal to mobile...
  6. WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz

WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz: On 2.4 GHz, phones cannot even detect the signal; On 5 GHz, phones can detect the signal but never pass the authentication, it won't fail the authentication, but just keep verifying the password!...
  7. Mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mobile hotspot: Hi, my laptop have a problem with mobile hotspot. I turn on it and my phone can connect to this wireless. But my phone show "Connected, no internet", "Can't connect to internet" . I try to reinstall and update driver but it not working. Can you help me?[ATTACH][ATTACH] Note:...
  8. mobile hotspot shows on windows 7 laptop but not on windows 10 desktop

mobile hotspot shows on windows 7 laptop but not on windows 10 desktop: My mobile hotspot through my S10 shows up on my windows 7 sony laptop which will connect to the internet. I then went onto my windows 10 desktop and the S10 is nowhere to be found. There is a "hidden network" showing up so i put in all my info and it will not connect. I have...
  9. Mobile hotspot - when a client is connected, PC won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mobile hotspot - when a client is connected, PC won't go to sleep: Is there a way to prevent the pc from NOT going to sleep while a client is connected to thr mobile hotspot? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-when-a-client-is-connected-pc-wont/494f4fdd-90ef-4a97-9b28-a536003a0169
  10. Mobile hotspot, unable to obtain IP address

Mobile hotspot, unable to obtain IP address: I've been using the mobile hotspot on windows 10 to provide internet for my phone for a year already and it was working flawlessly until June 2019 (somewhere around that time) which my mobile devices couldn't connect to it anymore. I've tried using 2 mobile phones in which...