Windows 10: Mobile office apps locked from editing after opening on a different tablet

Discus and support Mobile office apps locked from editing after opening on a different tablet in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I own a 10 inch Windows 10 tablet which has the store version of word, Excel etc for creating and editing documents which worked fine. Then I had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mrmond, Feb 23, 2019.

1. mrmond Win User

Mobile office apps locked from editing after opening on a different tablet

I own a 10 inch Windows 10 tablet which has the store version of word, Excel etc for creating and editing documents which worked fine.

Then I had a subscription to the full version of Office for a year and after it ran out I could no longer edit any documents on my tablet, it kept telling me I had to purchase a subscription. This actually got resolved but recently I've bought a Samsung Glaxy Tab a 10.5 which has pre-installed version of the office apps. I have no intention of using these and have disabled them all (can't uninstall them as they have no option, pre installed bloatware).

Problem is during the setup of the tablet and registering my username for the sync setup with Onenote and onedrive Word opened up and popped up a message that I couldn't edit any documents. I KNOW this is because of the screen size being over 10 inches. That's fine, I want to use my windows tablet not the Android one for that as I have a bluetooth keyboard and use it for that. But now that's been locked down again. When I try and open any document on my Windows tablet it's telling me I need an Office 365 subscription. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.

I've been editing documents fine on this tablet for over two years and want to resolve this.

:)

mrmond, Feb 23, 2019

2. 2 identical 10 inch tablets, on one office mobile apps allow editing, on the other not

I have 2 identical 10 inch Venturer tablets. Both run Windows 10 Home. Only difference between the 2 tablets is the OS build. On tablet 1, the office mobile apps allow editing etc, on tablet 2 I am requested to buy an Office 365 subscription.

I uninstalled the apps on tablet 2, reinstalled them - no change.

Logged out and back in with microsoft account - no change.

[Moved from: Office / Word / Windows phone & tablet / Office Mobile apps]

emmaemmerich, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Can't Find the Office Mobile apps!

I recently purchased a LG Lancet Windows-based phone and have searched both the Windows Store & my all apps list, but I still cannot find the Office Mobile apps (Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile, etc.). The only Office-related app on the phone
    is simply called Office and I just don't know if that app is the right one to use!!! Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

joshuatonsing, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Mobile office apps locked from editing after opening on a different tablet

TechPowerUp Mobile App Fixed

is the mobile app just an embedded version of the website shrunk to fit a phone/tablet?

Easy Rhino, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Mobile office apps locked from editing after opening on a different tablet

1. Mobile office apps locked from editing after opening on a different tablet - Similar Threads - Mobile office apps

2. Open apps rearrange after lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open apps rearrange after lock screen: When logging backing in from lock screen, the app locations, open apps relocate to center of screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-apps-rearrange-after-lock-screen/f4303c9b-44f4-47c6-bfa1-76e79a558410
  3. Open apps rearrange after lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open apps rearrange after lock screen: When logging backing in from lock screen, the app locations, open apps relocate to center of screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-apps-rearrange-after-lock-screen/f4303c9b-44f4-47c6-bfa1-76e79a558410
  4. Replace “3D Edit” With a Different App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replace “3D Edit” With a Different App?: I deleted paint and paint 3d. I use paint.net (and very occasionally gimp). Is there a way so that if I click 3d edit it opens the photo in paint.net? Thanks! submitted by /u/Aredditorandahalf [link] [comments]...
  5. Is anyone having issues with the Office Mobile apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is anyone having issues with the Office Mobile apps?: They won't let me edit any files, even if I'm logged with my university 365 account. I prefer using them most of the times, but now I'm tied to the complete apps, which feel old (yet powerful) to me. Has anyone had the same issue? submitted by /u/TuttFox [link]...
  6. Random Apps are opening from different keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random Apps are opening from different keys: When I was using a program pressing 's' opened the search bar menu or the file explorer, pressing 'p' opened 'project your pc' menu and typing stopped working. Can someone please help me? This happens only when I open Minecraft....
  7. Opening "locked for editing" documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening "locked for editing" documents: Many documents in my files show up as “locked for editing…” and display 3 choices for opening them. Why does this so often happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-locked-for-editing-documents/13ab267e-3c18-4488-bfe4-62fef8314b29"
  8. Windows tablet - No mobile data after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows tablet - No mobile data after restart: Hello all, I have this Lenovo 2-in1 tablet (Lenovo MIIX 320-10ICR) that I've been using for the last 8 months and all of sudden started acting weird. The tablet has a data only SIM card installed and until last week all was normal. Suddenly one day, after a restart, the sim...
  9. File is open in system / locked for editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File is open in system / locked for editing: I'm sorry if this is not categorized correctly as there were several ways I could think of to categorize it give him the drop-down options asking this question :-). I have a simple home style network setup with Windows 10 running on the machine that is sharing the drive....
  10. Free Mobile APP Of MS WORD and OFFICE ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Free Mobile APP Of MS WORD and OFFICE ?: Hello, Just came across the free (called "mobile") downloads of MS WORD, etc. for W10. From what I can see, they really are free. Sure I am missing something: If free, why would anyone buy Office ? What am I, as usual, missing ? Thought I would ask here first before...