Windows 10: Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there

Discus and support Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After almost 27 months, my wife and I are still using Verizon on the same contract where we bought our Samsung Galaxy S4 phones. The phones are showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there

Read more: Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there | ZDNet

Brink, Sep 7, 2015

2. Excellent Advice, Brink. Shop very carefully and, if possible, buy your phone/plan from an authorized dealer, face-to-face, instead of on the internet.

I go through great pains to ensure that my family stays on the unlimited Sprint talk/text/data plan that we've had for the past 8 years, as we trade in older phones for newer ones. The last thing I want is a surprise charge on our bill because someone in the family watched one-too-many Netflix movies, or something. These overage charges now account for the majority of the complaints in the Verizon, ATT, etc.. customer forums. It used to be dropped calls, LOL.

A good rule of thumb to keep in mind for 2015 is that if a wireless provider is pushing a certain package, it's probably full of potential additional charges, or just a plain old rip-off. The $20 a month lease is a good example of the latest rip-off gimmick. The carriers have calculated that millions of people are too lazy or dumb to multiply $20 x 24 and figure out that they'll pay $480 (plus additional monthly taxes!) for the same phone that they could get for a one time $199 payment at the point of sale.

:)

AllenChicago, Sep 8, 2015
  3. psyrex Win User
    N95 FAULTS/PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS ?

Just found out the reason i dont have HSDPA on my phone.

It seems that T-Mobile only supply it with a price plan which i dont have.

So i need to upgrade my price plan to one of their Web n Walk Plus plans to get it.

Problem is i can't do that just yet as i've only just joined them and they have a limit of what you can add to the account when you first start.

psyrex, Sep 8, 2015
  4. lorre007 Win User

N900 - all problems in one / Why are you doing this to us Nokia?

Well i'm on T-Mobile in the UK and on my old price plan if i sent MMS from abroad to mobile in the UK it came out of my allowance so no extra charge Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there :)

On my new tariff a text message from Europe to the UK is 40p and a MMS is 20p.

lorre007, Sep 8, 2015
  5. ram1220 Win User
    Well I have been with Sprint for about 5 years, I live in the DFW, Texas area. The phone side of things are great with Sprint. However their data network is horrible. I use my wifi connection at home so data is reliable with that. But if I go anywhere outside of my home I am constantly getting "data not available" with Sprint. It has gotten so bad that several times while out with friends I have used their Verizon phones to look something up on the internet. So buyer beware.
    I actually received a mailer from Sprint recently for a free lease offer on a new HTC One M9 phone. This expires today but I'm not falling for it. The deal might be legit but until Sprint fixes their data network there is no way I am biting. Now that my contract is up I am honestly thinking of just buying a cheap phone and using a prepaid service. I mean what good is Sprint's unlimited data when I can't use it?

ram1220, Sep 8, 2015
  6. Apple smells the huge profit and is jumping into the leasing-ripoff party...

"Apple launched a broadside Wednesday against wireless phone companies, saying it will for the first time finance iPhone sales directly to customers without requiring them to be tied to any particular carrier.

Apple will offer a monthly fee of $32.41 over 24 months for its cheapest iPhone model under the new program announced Wednesday at the latest iPhone launch. The deal allows customers to get a new device each year, as well as select their carrier with each upgrade, according to the Apple website."

Source: Apple Takes Aim at Wireless Phone Companies

ac

AllenChicago, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there - Similar Threads - Mobile plan pricing

2. truth social

in Windows 10 Gaming
    truth social: Hi,With windows 11 home I am trying to download the "Truth Social" app.can someone tell me how to do that?Thank You. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/truth-social/9780dc69-c789-4943-a38b-72753d7511de
  3. truth social

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    truth social: Hi,With windows 11 home I am trying to download the "Truth Social" app.can someone tell me how to do that?Thank You. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/truth-social/9780dc69-c789-4943-a38b-72753d7511de
  4. Telling Everyone truth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Telling Everyone truth: I wanted to make this public so I can help. If you notice every solution is nearly same from MS. They control you and there is nothing you can do. Thats where they are wrong. They force you to login, force you to update, force you to have Office license.TAKE YOUR POWER BACK I...
  5. Speaking Truth to Power.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaking Truth to Power.: And this is what happens when you speak truth to power: your post gets deleted. Truth hurts, huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaking-truth-to-power/d3f8ca15-418d-48d8-8836-9112a8b8f00b
  6. Speaking Truth to Power.

Speaking Truth to Power.: And this is what happens when you speak truth to power: your post gets deleted. Truth hurts, huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaking-truth-to-power/d3f8ca15-418d-48d8-8836-9112a8b8f00b
  7. Will Microsoft admit the truth?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Microsoft admit the truth?: This post and the fact that it is locked is proof the problem is not fixable, except by purchasing another processor, if possible, or a new computer. Windows 11 is coming and with the new security protocols, cloud features, browser implementations, etc. our old systems will...
  8. Sim Card Activation, Verizon, and Mobile Plans

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sim Card Activation, Verizon, and Mobile Plans: For the last year, our Dell Rugged Laptops have been working fine with our factory installed Verizon sim cards using Verizon Connection Manager. Now, Mobile Plans pops up when you click on the Verizon card "View My Account" Mobile Plans pops up and wants me to Active my...
  9. UK Broadband via Mobile SIM Plans?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UK Broadband via Mobile SIM Plans?: I'm fed up with the poor service and expense of Virgin Media for UK broadband (70Mbps) and all day phone calls for £50 plus. I've just bought a 4G phone and find I can tether it to my Windows 10 laptop or PC and get 35Mbps internet download speed which is fast enough for my...
  10. Mobile plans app

Mobile plans app: Don't use the mobile plans app but I notice it seems to frequently update on our PCs without increasing in version number. Anyone else see the same? Don't really understand the app and what it achieves, not sure it has any business being on a PC installation of Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mobile plans the mobile plans app lets you add your pc to your current mobile operator account so young

2. mobile plans the mobile plans app lets you add your pc to your current mobile operator account so you think you

3. mobile plansthe mobile plans app lets you add your pc to your current mobile operator account so you think you

4. mobile plans task manager