Windows 10: Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there

Discus and support Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After almost 27 months, my wife and I are still using Verizon on the same contract where we bought our Samsung Galaxy S4 phones. The phones are showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there

Read more: Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there | ZDNet

Brink, Sep 7, 2015
  2. AllenChicago Win User

Excellent Advice, Brink. Shop very carefully and, if possible, buy your phone/plan from an authorized dealer, face-to-face, instead of on the internet.

I go through great pains to ensure that my family stays on the unlimited Sprint talk/text/data plan that we've had for the past 8 years, as we trade in older phones for newer ones. The last thing I want is a surprise charge on our bill because someone in the family watched one-too-many Netflix movies, or something. These overage charges now account for the majority of the complaints in the Verizon, ATT, etc.. customer forums. It used to be dropped calls, LOL.

A good rule of thumb to keep in mind for 2015 is that if a wireless provider is pushing a certain package, it's probably full of potential additional charges, or just a plain old rip-off. The $20 a month lease is a good example of the latest rip-off gimmick. The carriers have calculated that millions of people are too lazy or dumb to multiply $20 x 24 and figure out that they'll pay $480 (plus additional monthly taxes!) for the same phone that they could get for a one time $199 payment at the point of sale.

:)

AllenChicago, Sep 8, 2015
  3. psyrex Win User
    N95 FAULTS/PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS ?

Just found out the reason i dont have HSDPA on my phone.

It seems that T-Mobile only supply it with a price plan which i dont have.

So i need to upgrade my price plan to one of their Web n Walk Plus plans to get it.

Problem is i can't do that just yet as i've only just joined them and they have a limit of what you can add to the account when you first start.

psyrex, Sep 8, 2015
  4. lorre007 Win User

N900 - all problems in one / Why are you doing this to us Nokia?

Well i'm on T-Mobile in the UK and on my old price plan if i sent MMS from abroad to mobile in the UK it came out of my allowance so no extra charge Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there :)

On my new tariff a text message from Europe to the UK is 40p and a MMS is 20p.

lorre007, Sep 8, 2015
  5. ram1220 Win User
    Well I have been with Sprint for about 5 years, I live in the DFW, Texas area. The phone side of things are great with Sprint. However their data network is horrible. I use my wifi connection at home so data is reliable with that. But if I go anywhere outside of my home I am constantly getting "data not available" with Sprint. It has gotten so bad that several times while out with friends I have used their Verizon phones to look something up on the internet. So buyer beware.
    I actually received a mailer from Sprint recently for a free lease offer on a new HTC One M9 phone. This expires today but I'm not falling for it. The deal might be legit but until Sprint fixes their data network there is no way I am biting. Now that my contract is up I am honestly thinking of just buying a cheap phone and using a prepaid service. I mean what good is Sprint's unlimited data when I can't use it?

ram1220, Sep 8, 2015
  6. AllenChicago Win User
    Apple smells the huge profit and is jumping into the leasing-ripoff party...

"Apple launched a broadside Wednesday against wireless phone companies, saying it will for the first time finance iPhone sales directly to customers without requiring them to be tied to any particular carrier.

Apple will offer a monthly fee of $32.41 over 24 months for its cheapest iPhone model under the new program announced Wednesday at the latest iPhone launch. The deal allows customers to get a new device each year, as well as select their carrier with each upgrade, according to the Apple website."

Source: Apple Takes Aim at Wireless Phone Companies

ac

AllenChicago, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there - Similar Threads - Mobile plan pricing

2. Mobile Plans Background Task Host Hogs CPU -- and My Computer Is Not Mobile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mobile Plans Background Task Host Hogs CPU -- and My Computer Is Not Mobile: This morning, after using Task Manager to make SystemInterrupts behave like a cockroach does when the light is turned on, I found something called "Mobile Plans Background Task Host" hogging my CPU. Note that the only thing searching for "Mobile Plans Background Task Host"...
  3. Mobile plans app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile plans app: Don't use the mobile plans app but I notice it seems to frequently update on our PCs without increasing in version number. Anyone else see the same? Don't really understand the app and what it achieves, not sure it has any business being on a PC installation of Windows 10....
  4. W10 pricing

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 pricing: My PC pretty much crashed and have decided to upgrade. Even though my W10 was legit and board identified; I guess Microsoft wouldn't accept this change and re key the W10 Home. to a new MB. Another question though. Amazon.ca has W10 Pro for $84.00 Canadian OEM. That price...
  5. Scanguard: Legit or scam? What is the truth?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scanguard: Legit or scam? What is the truth?: There is a lot on the web about Scanguard, but most of the evidence appears to be circumstantial. I have yet to see any concrete evidence that the product is a scam. Has anyone come across anything definitive? 81369
  6. Questions about the planned "Redstone" update roll-out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions about the planned "Redstone" update roll-out: I don't know when MS plans out rolling out the Redstone update, but will Redstone be pushed out from the built-in Windows 10 Updates or will I have to re-download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool again in order to have the Redstone update installed? Please explain how to...
  7. Electronics program to plan out simple devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Electronics program to plan out simple devices.: Looking for a program/app that will work on win10 where I can plan simple things like switches and battiers and such. 59227
  8. Nvidia speaks out against rising price of GPUs due to cryptocurrency

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia speaks out against rising price of GPUs due to cryptocurrency: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...s-card-prices/ I've been trying to buy for example EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR, 6GB GDDR5, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan). EVGA sells it on their web site for $349 but not available. In fact none of their 1060's are...
  9. Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default: Four months ago we announced that we’d be moving to HTML5 By Default to offer a safer, more power-efficient experience. As a reminder, this change disables Adobe Flash Player unless there’s a user indication that they want Flash content on specific sites, and eventually all...
  10. Microsoft now plans March Windows 10 Mobile rollout

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft now plans March Windows 10 Mobile rollout: February has come and gone without the highly anticipated Windows 10 Mobile upgrade for legacy Lumia handsets. In an email to partners, seen by VentureBeat, Microsoft is now targeting a release this month, to occur after the regular monthly service updates for the two Windows...