Windows 10: Mobile Plans Background Task Host Hogs CPU -- and My Computer Is Not Mobile

Discus and support Mobile Plans Background Task Host Hogs CPU -- and My Computer Is Not Mobile in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This morning, after using Task Manager to make SystemInterrupts behave like a cockroach does when the light is turned on, I found something called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulPerson, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Mobile Plans Background Task Host Hogs CPU -- and My Computer Is Not Mobile

This morning, after using Task Manager to make SystemInterrupts behave like a cockroach does when the light is turned on, I found something called "Mobile Plans Background Task Host" hogging my CPU.
    Note that the only thing searching for "Mobile Plans Background Task Host" brought up had no "Mobile Plans" in it.
    My computer is a desktop machine, not a mobile phone ("Mobile Plans Background" brought up a lot of links about Mobile Phone Plans). It really should not be running this sort of thing at all.

:)

PaulPerson, Aug 3, 2018

2. Background Task Host Excessive CPU Usage

Tried the two steps like you said.

1. On Safe Mode start, CPU was at 0%. No issues.

2. Then on Clean Boot, the same problem was repeated. With RunTIme Broker and From Microsoft Background Task Host taking up atleast 50% CPU resources.

Now I have it back to Normal mode start up. And yes, the problem still persists !

Did this help in anyway..? Please do assist me further.

SaifudeenShamsudeen, Aug 3, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Cortana background task host resource hogging

Good. For amusement (?) this is what happens when, with no music catalogued by Groove, I say
    'Hey Cortana, play some music'
    'All right, playing your music'

Mobile Plans Background Task Host Hogs CPU -- and My Computer Is Not Mobile [​IMG]

dalchina, Aug 3, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Mobile Plans Background Task Host Hogs CPU -- and My Computer Is Not Mobile

Cortana background task host resource hogging

Hi, just a quick thought from your 3rd screenshot (thanks for providing these)..
    This suggests to me you have an extensive music collection being catalogued (or whatever it is Groove does with music files).

I suggest you disable music cataloguing and see what effect that has.

Mobile Plans Background Task Host Hogs CPU -- and My Computer Is Not Mobile [​IMG]

I've never let that happen so I can't comment from personal experience. (However I can say that if you say
    Hey, Cortana, play some music
    with nothing catalogued, the response demonstrates a certain lack of thought by MS!)

The first screenshot requires technical analysis to discover what servicehost.exe is doing.
    Here's a starter for 10:
    What Is svchost.exe and Why Is It Running?

dalchina, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Mobile Plans Background Task Host Hogs CPU -- and My Computer Is Not Mobile

1. Mobile Plans Background Task Host Hogs CPU -- and My Computer Is Not Mobile - Similar Threads - Mobile Plans Background

2. Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot: For a couple months I've used the hosted network option for my ethernet, to turn it into a wifi connection for devices I use. Now, the hosted networking turns on fine, and my devices connect to it and work all the same, but my PC's ethernet connection falls dead, with my...
  3. Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot: For a couple months I've used the hosted network option for my ethernet, to turn it into a wifi connection for devices I use. Now, the hosted networking turns on fine, and my devices connect to it and work all the same, but my PC's ethernet connection falls dead, with my...
  4. mcafee webadvisor background task hogging CPU until 80-100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mcafee webadvisor background task hogging CPU until 80-100%: i don't know what causing this but this mcafee webadvisor take so much CPU every i startup my Laptop and need 1 hour to down again how to fix it? mcafee webadvisor takes 30%-50% CPU and the task manager show CPU usage 100% every startup but no apps use it just ho to 100%...
  5. mcafee webadvisor background task hogging CPU until 80-100%

mcafee webadvisor background task hogging CPU until 80-100%: i don't know what causing this but this mcafee webadvisor take so much CPU every i startup my Laptop and need 1 hour to down again how to fix it? mcafee webadvisor takes 30%-50% CPU and the task manager show CPU usage 100% every startup but no apps use it just ho to 100%...
  6. mcafee webadvisor background task hogging CPU until 80-100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    mcafee webadvisor background task hogging CPU until 80-100%: i don't know what causing this but this mcafee webadvisor take so much CPU every i startup my Laptop and need 1 hour to down again how to fix it?...
  7. Task Manager is hogging the CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager is hogging the CPU: Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th gen, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, auto updates. Crapware startup routines disabled except for a couple of printer updaters. Lately I have noticed laggy system performance. I see that Task Manager is hogging the CPU, routinely taking up 15-20% of the CPU. I...
  8. Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?: Modern Setup Host is going and going. Constantly updating, day after day after day. Never stops! Just finished one, now it's at it again. Always hogging either CPU or Disk. Can I just murder it somehow? [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  9. Mobile plans app

Mobile plans app: Don't use the mobile plans app but I notice it seems to frequently update on our PCs without increasing in version number. Anyone else see the same? Don't really understand the app and what it achieves, not sure it has any business being on a PC installation of Windows 10....
  10. Cortana background task host resource hogging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cortana background task host resource hogging: Hey all i have been having a problem with the cortana background task host. It seems to take up a lot of the CPU and disk after i have used either itunes or windows media player. I have no idea how long this has been going since i only noticed as i have other issues with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mobile plans background task host

2. mobile plans background task

3. Mobile Plans runtime broker

4. forfaits mobiles background task host,
  5. mobile plans background task cpu usage,
  6. mobile plans process in task manager,
  7. mobile plansthe mobile plans app lets you add your pc to your current mobile operator account so young,
  8. mobile plans the mobile plans app lets you add your pc to your current mobile operator account so young,
  9. mobile plansthe mobile plans app lets you add your pc to your current mobile operator account so you think you,
  10. mobile plans process in windows task manager,
  11. forfait mobile background task,
  12. mobile plans task manager,
  13. what is mobile plans background task,
  14. mobiele abonnementen background task host,
  15. mobile plans (2) background task on windows