Windows 10: Mobiles will not show in file explorer when connected with usb.

Discus and support Mobiles will not show in file explorer when connected with usb. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Suddenly we can not see connected mobiles when in file explorer on our local computers. When I look in device manager I can find the unit there, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by semlan77, Jan 16, 2020.

1. semlan77 Win User

Mobiles will not show in file explorer when connected with usb.

Suddenly we can not see connected mobiles when in file explorer on our local computers.
    When I look in device manager I can find the unit there, but it is not installed properly.
    Normally windows takes care of this automatically but now it suddenly does not.
    When I have encountered this earlier I have chosen "update driver from windows update" and the problem has been resolved.
    But when I do that now it can not find any driver on windows update or in a search on the computer.

We use win 10 enterprise version on all computers and it seems all new computers we deploy have this issue.
    We have tried fresh install of 1909 version. We have tried version version 1709 and taken the upgrades to 1909.

This issue is present regardless of mobile brand. We have tried samsung, apple, sony, cat.
    We use only dell laptops. But the issue is there regardless model type. Old model or new.
    It started maybe a month ago.
    We have tried several tutorial on how to fix the connection to the mobile device without luck.
    When I try to install original mobile drivers from the vendor, I am given message that the drivers could not be found.
    We have also tried different things, for instance registry edits,manual copy of the missing driver files,usb debugging mode on mobile, fresh install of os on laptop, change to different port on computer, with and without docking, different users, local admin user, etc.

Is this a known issue?

:)

semlan77, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jan 16, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    File explorer shows EXTENAL USB volumes TWICE

Hi there

Anybody else get the problem of external USB volumes appearing TWICE in the file explorer list (Build 9860).

Mobiles will not show in file explorer when connected with usb. [​IMG]

Not a show stopper but annoying.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 16, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

Empty USB ports showing in file explorer

O.k. one question i never knew was did you have a front Card Reader on this PC or you just have USB ports on this PC ? If possible update your system specs as much as possible as it show Win 7 here to. Disk management can change letters which will change the order, but since not sure what USB ports or if any card reader ports i would not suggest yet changing it. Can you take screen shots of file explorer and Disk management and post them here.

jds63, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Mobiles will not show in file explorer when connected with usb. - Similar Threads - Mobiles show file

2. Mobile device not showing up on Windows 10 when connected through USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile device not showing up on Windows 10 when connected through USB: I am using Windows 10 Home on my laptop. I am trying to connect my Android mobile to the laptop through USB. I can hear the sound, enable file transfer on mobile device, getting a pop-up that the device is ready to use. But the device is not showing up on Windows explorer.To...
  3. Mobile device not showing up on Windows 10 when connected through USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile device not showing up on Windows 10 when connected through USB: I am using Windows 10 Home on my laptop. I am trying to connect my Android mobile to the laptop through USB. I can hear the sound, enable file transfer on mobile device, getting a pop-up that the device is ready to use. But the device is not showing up on Windows explorer.To...
  4. Mobile device not showing up on Windows 10 when connected through USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  6. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  7. USB not showing up in file explorer.

8. USB showing in diskpart but not file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB showing in diskpart but not file explorer: I accidentally made a partition on my usb in diskpart, but now I cant see the drive in THIS PC submitted by /u/SonicBeast25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5pwea/usb_showing_in_diskpart_but_not_file_explorer/
  9. Mobiles will not show in file explorer when connected with usb.

Mobiles will not show in file explorer when connected with usb.: Suddenly we can not see connected mobiles when in file explorer on our local computers. When I look in device manager I can find the unit there, but it is not installed properly. Normally windows takes care of this automatically but now it suddenly does not. When I have...
  10. explorer does not show usb connection

explorer does not show usb connection: My external1tb ssd is connected via usb3.0 and is not recognised in my explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-does-not-show-usb-connection/57926894-d9e6-486c-8333-39eaeaa3ed15