Windows 10: Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.

Discus and support Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Mobo died, I changed out the mobo, now Windows 10 will not activate. I've tried following the activation tutorial with the bot. As I purchased Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JeffSGrimm, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.

Mobo died, I changed out the mobo, now Windows 10 will not activate.

I've tried following the activation tutorial with the bot. As I purchased Windows 10 online I do not have an activation code. I was able to recover my installation ID but the bot will not recognize it.

I'm currently waiting in a chat dialogue for an agent. Not sure what to do as I just bought Windows 10 in 2020 and I don't want to have to buy it again for the SAME PC.

How can I reactivate Windows?

:)

JeffSGrimm, Apr 8, 2021

2. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Amol S. Win User
    Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Apr 8, 2021
  4. miguelbau Win User

Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.

i changed mobo w10 asking to activate

i changed mobo w10 asking to activate

miguelbau, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.

1. Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate. - Similar Threads - Mobo died changed

2. mobo change activation fail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    mobo change activation fail: My computer recently died and unfortunately I need to change almost of my computer parts. I was told that I can use the same Windows so I did. I downloaded the Windows 10 using other device and use it to perform clean install. After installing I sign in my MS account which I...
  3. mobo change activation fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mobo change activation fail: My computer recently died and unfortunately I need to change almost of my computer parts. I was told that I can use the same Windows so I did. I downloaded the Windows 10 using other device and use it to perform clean install. After installing I sign in my MS account which I...
  4. mobo change activation fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows won't activate after MoBo change

Windows won't activate after MoBo change: I need to reactivate Windows after I changed MoBo and CPU. I get the below message when trying the troubleshooter. Please help as I should not need to buy another license when it was fine prior to the change....
  6. Windows won't activate after MoBo change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't activate after MoBo change: I need to reactivate Windows after I changed MoBo and CPU. I get the below message when trying the troubleshooter. Please help as I should not need to buy another license when it was fine prior to the change....
  7. Windows 10 activation after mobo change

Windows 10 activation after mobo change: Hi! I recently change my mobo and since then naturally windows is telling me to activate. mobo was completely bricked I do have my product license key and have tried entering it, tried running troubleshooting50+ times probably by now I have when i enter the license key i...
  8. Windows activation after mobo and cpu change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows activation after mobo and cpu change: Hello, I've recently replaced my mobo and cpu and now my Windows 10 is not activated. Before the hardware upgrade I'd checked the activation was linked to my Windows account and I'm signed in on that same account post-upgrade but the troubleshooter isn't working. When I...
  9. Re-Activation of windows after mobo change

Re-Activation of windows after mobo change: So I changed my mobo and cpu, before I connected the licence for windows 10 pro to my Microsoft account, but now it says that im already logged in and can't recover my licence...
  10. Windows Activation after mobo change

Windows Activation after mobo change: Hi I have a legitimate version of Windows that I got many years ago as Windows 7. I have since upgraded this to Windows 10 and no longer have the CD with my product key stated on it - as I assumed my license was tied to my digital account. I have recently upgraded my mobo...