Windows 10: Mobo died installing new one

Discus and support Mobo died installing new one in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys My wife's Mobo has died and i need to install a new one and the question is i cloned the Samsung SSD HDD drive with only the operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mojo53, Aug 29, 2020.

1. mojo53 Win User

Mobo died installing new one

Hi Guys

My wife's Mobo has died and i need to install a new one and the question is i cloned the Samsung SSD HDD drive with only the operating system on it with Samsung data migration all working and tested and the operating system was the free upgrade to Win10 pro a year or so back, if i rebuild her computer with a new motherboard and install the cloned SSD into that will it work or is there going to be major issues?

Thanks for any help.

:)

mojo53, Aug 29, 2020

2. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Aug 29, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Amol S. Win User

Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Mobo died installing new one - Similar Threads - Mobo died installing

2. 0xc004f050 after clean install in new MOBO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    0xc004f050 after clean install in new MOBO: I forced to do a clean installation in my machine due to faulty board and now it is asking for activation. I have digital license and it is under my MS account. How could this be? I have a legit license for my Windows 10 Pro and now it's gone. Please help....
  3. 0xc004f050 after clean install in new MOBO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc004f050 after clean install in new MOBO: I forced to do a clean installation in my machine due to faulty board and now it is asking for activation. I have digital license and it is under my MS account. How could this be? I have a legit license for my Windows 10 Pro and now it's gone. Please help....
  4. 0xc004f050 after clean install in new MOBO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activation after installing new Mobo

Activation after installing new Mobo: Hello, I recently purchased Windows 10 Home for a new build. The motherboard was bad, and it had to be switched out. After the new motherboard was switched out, windows wont let me activate because of the new motherboard. I have only owned this version of windows for a max of...
  6. Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.

Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.: Mobo died, I changed out the mobo, now Windows 10 will not activate. I've tried following the activation tutorial with the bot. As I purchased Windows 10 online I do not have an activation code. I was able to recover my installation ID but the bot will not recognize it....
  7. "Windows is not activated" After installing new CPU/Mobo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Windows is not activated" After installing new CPU/Mobo: I upgrade my computer's CPU & Mobo from the AMD FX series, to the AMD Ryzen series. Prior to this, I did the typical back up of files and what not; because, I knew that I would obviously have to re-install windows. I created a windows boot disk to a USB stick, so now I'm...
  8. Error code 0xC004F211 after installing new mobo

Error code 0xC004F211 after installing new mobo: I used the free upgrade version of windows 10 when it first came out and after installing my new mobo I cant reactivate windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc004f211-after-installing-new-mobo/3f95c9a8-5096-4590-a505-fc9f295b672b"
  9. Encrypted drive with a new mobo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Encrypted drive with a new mobo: TL:DR; Can I save the user data or recover from a mobo swap. So I had a Dell tech come out and replace the data cables, keyboard, and mother board on an Latitude 5480.This device belongs to a student and has sensitive information on it. The problem is that the harddrive is...
  10. New Mobo means new copy of Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Mobo means new copy of Windows?: I recently had to replace my motherboard and I was wondering if I had to get a new copy of Windows. Microsoft considers a new motherboard to be a new computer therefore would I absolutely have to buy a new copy of windows? Is there any ways around this? I've already blown...