Windows 10: MOBO Upgrade, Cloned SSD, Windows 10 Pro will not activate again.

Discus and support MOBO Upgrade, Cloned SSD, Windows 10 Pro will not activate again. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; To whom may actually read it! I upgraded my machine yesterday 01/11/2020 and I replaced the motherboard and CPU and cloned my old SSD over using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IthXero, Jan 12, 2020.

1. IthXero Win User

MOBO Upgrade, Cloned SSD, Windows 10 Pro will not activate again.

To whom may actually read it!

I upgraded my machine yesterday 01/11/2020 and I replaced the motherboard and CPU and cloned my old SSD over using Samsung cloning software.

My question is this: what do I need to do to fix an activation error I am now getting that is telling me I am trying to run Windows on multiple PCs?

I am getting one error in red which is 0xc004F211. I also have another error at the bottom under "change product key" that is 0x803FA067.

I tried using the automated help chat and when the bot asks for my product ID and I enter it, it either wigs out and says it cannot help me or asks me to sign in. When I click sign in, it hangs and then the bot comes back with the same response and says it cannot help me.

I did not link my product key to my MS account since I did not know that was a thing until today. I do not use my MS account on my computer in general except for Office, OneDrive and updating from the store.

I have the original Windows 10 Pro flash drive and Product Key in hand.

Are there steps phone call? I can take to remedy this or am I out of luck?

- Jon

:)

IthXero, Jan 12, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook | Tom's Hardware

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Jan 12, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Jan 12, 2020
  4. terrypd Win User

activating a cloned SSD

I cloned my windows 10 drive to a new SSD and now it asks for activation.

I purchased the computer with windows 10 already on it and dont have the number what now/

terrypd, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. MOBO Upgrade, Cloned SSD, Windows 10 Pro will not activate again. - Similar Threads - MOBO Upgrade Cloned

2. can't activate Windows after upgrade mobo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't activate Windows after upgrade mobo: Hello, 2 days ago, i upgrade my motherboard pc, and i can't Activate windows in my new motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-after-upgrade-mobo/5297c91c-a807-418c-9be1-12edf0072896
  3. Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.: Mobo died, I changed out the mobo, now Windows 10 will not activate. I've tried following the activation tutorial with the bot. As I purchased Windows 10 online I do not have an activation code. I was able to recover my installation ID but the bot will not recognize it....
  4. Windows 10 Pro Will Not Install on New SSD Not a Clone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Will Not Install on New SSD Not a Clone: My old Samsung SSD 970 EVO 250GB was running out of space, even though I only use it for software while a Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB is used for files. I bought a Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB and replaced the old one. NOTE: I did NOT clone the drive as I a didn't know I could/had...
  5. Windows 10 activation after a mobo+cpu upgrade

Windows 10 activation after a mobo+cpu upgrade: I recently changed my mobo and cpu and after i had to reinstall windows but when it booted up. I noticed the watermark in the bottom right corner. And i tried to activate windows and i dindt succeed i tried the option to activate windows after a hardware change and i...
  6. Cloned Upgrade SSD does not boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cloned Upgrade SSD does not boot in Windows 10: Few days ago I decided to upgrade my laptop and replace the HDD with a SSD. I have cloned my Toshiba Equium U400 HDD to Samsung EVO 860 SSD twice: Once with AOMEI Backupper Pro cloning solution and a second time with Macrium Reflect. In both cases, the computer when trying...
  7. Activation after CPU and mobo upgrade

Activation after CPU and mobo upgrade: I'm updating my wife's Home PC to a new CPU and mobo (old had only 4G DDR2 memory and was slower than molasses). This PC was originally Win 7 Home and I used the free upgrade facility to go to Win 10 Home. This PC is listed as one of my devices under my account at...
  8. Activating previous Windows 10 upgrade on new mobo

Activating previous Windows 10 upgrade on new mobo: Hi All A little advice please.. I have previously built a pc for a friend and used a Windows 7 pro licence key which activated fine. They then went and did the free upgrade to get the pc upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Now it seems their pc has had its motherboard fail and...
  9. Activation after clone to SSD?

Activation after clone to SSD?: Sorry if this has been covered. laptop has Win 10 that was an free upgrade from Windows 7. If I clone to SSD will activation remain? I know if hardware changes will be an issue. I will backup key just in case, not sure it is needed. later hopefully a fresh install. I...
  10. Upgrading a Cloned Windows 8.1 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading a Cloned Windows 8.1 SSD: I cloned my original HDD to SSD and saved the original for a backup. To keep it relatively up to date I re-installed it and installed the windows 10 upgrade from the "Get Windows 10" taskbar icon. I've reverted back to my SSD with Windows 8.1 in hopes of upgrading it as well...