Windows 10: Mobo with 2 Intel LAN ports - Intel l211 & l217-V - Both don't work

Discus and support Mobo with 2 Intel LAN ports - Intel l211 & l217-V - Both don't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used the upgrade tool to install w10x64. Installation went fine, I can use my computer and all. Problem is that both of my LAN ports don't work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by envious, Aug 1, 2015.

1. envious Win User

Mobo with 2 Intel LAN ports - Intel l211 & l217-V - Both don't work

I used the upgrade tool to install w10x64. Installation went fine, I can use my computer and all. Problem is that both of my LAN ports don't work. I get the usual red icon in the taskbar that shows no internet. I went into networking and it doesn't anything.

Went to driver manager and it shows both Intel Gigabit networks under the Network tab. l211 and l217-V. I have the Asrock z87 Extreme 6 that has dual LAN ports.

1. I tried updating my drivers to the latest from Asrock with W10 support (and latest form Intel), but I get an error that says something along the lines of 'the Ethernet adapter wasn't detected' so it won't install. So then I went to device manager, uninstalled both and restarted. Retried installing, same error.

2. I right clicked from device manager and tried installing manually, by selecting the file. This results in an error message that says 'You already have the latest version'. Ok. Dead end there too.

3. I tried disabling Wake on Lan. Google results showed someone having a similar issue and disabling wake on lan fixed it. This did not work for me.

So now I restored Win8.1 and I'm sitting here wondering how to fix it. I tried many different options, none worked. Anyone else have a clue on what I can do to fix this?

EDIT: Fixed it. Uninstalled Cisco VPN in 8.1 then installed 10. Everything works now.

:)

envious, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 Upgrade BAD_POOL_HEADER Intel Driver Issue

OK, I have re-done the Windows 10 upgrade process, along with Intel LAN Driver updates, and I've captured the dumps and system info as requested.

Link to One-Drive Folder to get Files:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...72&authkey=!AOE-5lT7DQElmMk&ithint=folder,zip

In this folder are 3 "Sets" of files.

Set 1 - Directly after Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 x64. Captured the MSInfo and AIDA64 info, then plugged the cable into the Intel I218-LM port on the mobo. The BSOD with BAD_POOL_HEADER was the captured.

Set 2 - Got the system running, upgraded the Intel LAN Drivers to their ProSet x64 for Windows 10, V20.3 (most current) and rebooted the system. Captuted another AIDA64 and MSInfo, then plugged the ethernet cable into the Intel I218-LM on the motherboard.
    This threw the same BSOD and the minidump was captured upon reboot.

Set 3 - After reboot, I plugged the ethernet cable into the secondary ethernet port on the mobo which is an Intel I210. I thought I'd get the KMODE BSOD like I did before but instead I just got another BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD.

Thanks very much for looking into this.

GDC-GordDavey, Aug 1, 2015
  3. AlokeP Win User
    Windows 10 Reservation: No Supported Networking Devices

Yes. Per my earlier post on July 31:

I'm getting the same error for an Intel Gigabit LAN I218-V with latest drivers installed.

Downloads for Intel® Ethernet Connection I218-V

These are Ver 20.2, which are Win 10 compatible, as far as Intel knows. This is the product page:

Intel® Ethernet Connection I218-V Product Specifications

However, when I search Microsoft Compatibility page

Windows | Official Site for Microsoft Windows 10 Home & Pro OS, laptops, PCs, tablets & more

The Intel Gigabit LAN I218-V is not listed on that page. So, as far as MS is concerned, they have not updated their HCL.

Aloke

AlokeP, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Mobo with 2 Intel LAN ports - Intel l211 & l217-V - Both don't work

1. Mobo with 2 Intel LAN ports - Intel l211 & l217-V - Both don't work - Similar Threads - Mobo Intel LAN

2. driver update intel pci port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver update intel pci port: is it fine for me to update these pci port drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-update-intel-pci-port/ae477d63-11f7-4f57-a156-0cccee1096c0
  3. driver update intel pci port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    driver update intel pci port: is it fine for me to update these pci port drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-update-intel-pci-port/ae477d63-11f7-4f57-a156-0cccee1096c0
  4. Intel LAN driver ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel LAN driver ?: May i know where is the intel lan driver update ? It used to be here. - - - Updated - - - Ok, i found it but how come it's no more on sticky thread ? 180695
  5. Intel ethernet connection I 219-v

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel ethernet connection I 219-v: Hi, so , Im geeting 100mb download speed Cable is 5e , already test another cable and rj45 port in router I have 500/100 from my ISP How can I fix? submitted by /u/diogorilho [link] [comments]...
  6. Intel LAN Controller causes bluescreen and reboot.

Intel LAN Controller causes bluescreen and reboot.: Hi, I have an ASUS Sabertooth Mark 1 motherboard and am running Windows 10 pro. All of a sudden one day I started getting frequent blue screens. First thing I did was try and uninstall the latest update but computer kept failing trying to do it, restore the same. I updated...
  7. Intel Ethernet Adaptor (2)1219-v Not starting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Ethernet Adaptor (2)1219-v Not starting: I have a Dell XPS8900 windows 10 I have tried as many solutions as I could: Uninstalled/reinstalled latest driver, Net Reset, Router Reboot, Cables check out fine, Troubleshooter, Say's no problems found, Device manager properties: Cannot Start? Any suggestions or experiences...
  8. Intel LAN Driver not handling 1GBps

Intel LAN Driver not handling 1GBps: So i figured out that the driver software itself handles the Network Speed of the card. So as i recently had the problem with the speed going all the way down to 10MBps, i found in the driver settings it can auto regulate between that. I then set it to 1GBps, but it doesnt...
  9. Killer LAN drivers AND Intel LAN drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Killer LAN drivers AND Intel LAN drivers?: I am installing new drivers after an upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and I have 2 separate issues. The page I am using for drivers is here: MSI Global And I am following the suggested order. 1) When I began setup for the Intel VGA driver I received an error...
  10. Wake on lan after power of not working (intel I218-V)

Wake on lan after power of not working (intel I218-V): Dear all I'm trying to get wake on lan working on my new computer after a shutdown from windows. I'm using the following hardware/software: Asrock X99 Extreme 4 with onboard Intel I218-V --> connected trough wired lan Windows 10 EDU 64 bit The wake on lan works when I put...