Windows 10: Mod support/wrapper appearing in the Xbox app

Discus and support Mod support/wrapper appearing in the Xbox app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just for people to keep in mind, I am enrolled in the 'Xbox App (Windows Gaming)' preview in the Xbox Insider Hub. You most likely need this to see it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StASN, Jun 3, 2020.

1. /u/StASN Win User

Mod support/wrapper appearing in the Xbox app

Just for people to keep in mind, I am enrolled in the 'Xbox App (Windows Gaming)' preview in the Xbox Insider Hub. You most likely need this to see it.

I was browsing the Xbox app and noticed a new little upside-right ellipsis next to the play button on State of Decay 2, here's what shows when you press on it: https://imgur.com/5pJiWpF

When pressing on 'Enable Mods', this pop-up appears: https://imgur.com/ChLFVXx

Clicking through then prompts options on the game page like this: https://imgur.com/g0FJqea

It opens the 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder for the game a la Halo: MCC's mod folder.

It looks like it's just a wrapper for mods to be more easily accessible through the app for now, but maybe they're planning to introduce their own mod 'Workshop' down the line?

submitted by /u/StASN
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StASN, Jun 3, 2020

2. Xbox Game Pass for PC mod support November 2019

I've seen in articles dating back to July of this year that Xbox Game Pass for PC is going to get mod support in the future. Has there been any developments? What games are currently supported if there are any? I was really looking forward to modding Cities:
    Skylines and The Outer Worlds but if there's no mod support then there's really no point on playing these games on PC.

xKonoDioDax, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Mod support/wrapper appearing in the Xbox app

XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Mod support/wrapper appearing in the Xbox app

1. Mod support/wrapper appearing in the Xbox app - Similar Threads - Mod support wrapper

2. Xbox app on PC adds support for HowLongToBeat

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox app on PC adds support for HowLongToBeat: The Xbox app on PC has been updated to include a new feature. Microsoft partnered with the popular service, HowLongToBeat, to provide an estimate of how long it will take you to finish a game. [ATTACH] Many people pick their next game by researching the length of a game's...
  3. how do i mod doom 1993 downloaded from the xbox app on pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i mod doom 1993 downloaded from the xbox app on pc?: so I own the game on Xbox and when I got it on the app on pc i played it a little and wanted to mod it after I installed it on my pc how and where do I do that?...
  4. question. i saw for xbox windows app has mods now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question. i saw for xbox windows app has mods now?: There was an update for xbox windows 10 app. it said mods support is now added officially. how do i use it for games like halo mcc? 162024
  5. New performance updates and mods for Xbox (Beta) app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New performance updates and mods for Xbox (Beta) app on Windows 10: We have a great update to the Xbox (Beta) app on Windows 10, and I’m here to walk you through what’s happening! Some enhancements you won’t be able to see, but will totally notice, and some changes you’ll see and also notice....
  6. Games modding on xbox game pass for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games modding on xbox game pass for PC: Hello Is it possible to mod the game Endless Legends on the game pass for the PC and if so how is it done? : Many thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-modding-on-xbox-game-pass-for-pc/92223c3a-0c88-4964-8bcc-ca9720c30a07
  7. Xbox App not appearing in Search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox App not appearing in Search: Title basically. It's been an issue for a little while for me and I just find it a mildly annoying QOL problem. No functional issue here, just whenever I click the spyglass to search for apps I type in "Xbox" and every Xbox related app appears except for the Xbox app itself....
  8. Turn Xbox Controller support in UWP apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn Xbox Controller support in UWP apps: I avoid UWP apps like the plague because of this issue. My controller only works in UWP apps which is at the moment only a small fraction of what I do. I use steam configuration in big picture to allow me to fully control windows 10 but the issue is since UWP apps also work...
  9. Xbox Game Pass for PC mod support November 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Pass for PC mod support November 2019: I've seen in articles dating back to July of this year that Xbox Game Pass for PC is going to get mod support in the future. Has there been any developments? What games are currently supported if there are any? I was really looking forward to modding Cities: Skylines and The...
  10. Xbox App Sample Rate Not Supported

in Windows 10 Support
    Xbox App Sample Rate Not Supported: I have recently bought a new headset, the Corsair Void Pro Wireless headset and I am trying to talk to my friends on Xbox using the Xbox app that comes with Win10 by default and when joining a party it says that my sample rate is not supported. Clicking on the help link...