Windows 10: Modding Microsoft Store Games

Discus and support Modding Microsoft Store Games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed Alien: Isolation from Xbox Gamepass for PC. I want to mod the game so the graphics are better and other stuff. But I can't, since it's in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarmineIacona1, May 20, 2020.

1. Modding Microsoft Store Games

I installed Alien: Isolation from Xbox Gamepass for PC. I want to mod the game so the graphics are better and other stuff. But I can't, since it's in the locked WindowsApp folder. Yes, I tried giving myself access, but all I can do is look at the folder contents, I can't read it with mod tools, and i can't modify anything. There is a ModifableWindowsApp folder, but there's nothing in there, you can't install to there. Why is this so difficult? And If there is no solution, when is Microsoft going to allow you to finally be able to mod your games.

:)

CarmineIacona1, May 20, 2020

2. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., May 20, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store Games

Hi Nhan,

For us to make sure that the failed download will be remove from your device, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the game on your device.

Click this link for the steps.

Step 2: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 3: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Step 4: Reinstall the game again.

To make sure that all changes made will take effect. Here's the link on how.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, May 20, 2020
  4. Modding Microsoft Store Games

Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Modding Microsoft Store Games

1. Modding Microsoft Store Games - Similar Threads - Modding Microsoft Store

2. Trouble with mods for games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with mods for games: Hello, I'm having trouble with mods to games that I installed on my PC. They are not steam mods but I did install them correctly it used to work fine on my old pc, now I'm just able to start the launcher but once I press "launch game" the launcher just closes and that's it. I...
  3. Trouble with mods for games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with mods for games: Hello, I'm having trouble with mods to games that I installed on my PC. They are not steam mods but I did install them correctly it used to work fine on my old pc, now I'm just able to start the launcher but once I press "launch game" the launcher just closes and that's it. I...
  4. game only starts in safe mod but refuses to start in normal mod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game only starts in safe mod but refuses to start in normal mod: hello there ty for your time so I got assassin's creed and the game ran fine on 1.0.6 ver but it just won't run on the newer ver at all but the game did run in safe mod normally this is what happens when I try to start the game it shows me the splash screen and then crashes...
  5. game only starts in safe mod but refuses to start in normal mod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game only starts in safe mod but refuses to start in normal mod: hello there ty for your time so I got assassin's creed and the game ran fine on 1.0.6 ver but it just won't run on the newer ver at all but the game did run in safe mod normally this is what happens when I try to start the game it shows me the splash screen and then crashes...
  6. Among Us Microsoft Store Mods

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Among Us Microsoft Store Mods: Hi, so I have Among Us from the microsoft store on pc, rather than Steam. I want to try among us mods, but everything I can find is only telling you how to do it on the Steam version of the game. The issue I have is, I am not sure how my Among Us root directory folder. Anyone...
  7. Modding Windows store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modding Windows store games: Hi there. I would like to mod Metro last light redux from the windows store but there doesn't seem to be a way to mod it. It is the only game I use for Game Pass and I would like to get my money's worth. Thanks to anyone who responds....
  8. Fallout 76 microsoft store playing with mods

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Fallout 76 microsoft store playing with mods: After the game was downloaded, I wanted to play with 3 monitors which doesn't allow you to as the resolution doesn't go past 1920/1080 I was reading that you can make it support widescreen. Hence I enable modding. Finding out Project76_GamePass.exe <--- does not work and...
  9. Games modding on xbox game pass for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games modding on xbox game pass for PC: Hello Is it possible to mod the game Endless Legends on the game pass for the PC and if so how is it done? : Many thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-modding-on-xbox-game-pass-for-pc/92223c3a-0c88-4964-8bcc-ca9720c30a07
  10. Game mod wont turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game mod wont turn on: As i have tried to get better FPS in my games i wanted to turn on game mode but i cant do it in the settings then i decided to try and play and do the shortcut i did but nothing happend except i couldnt move in the game my mouse appeared and nothing when my mouse came on the...