Windows 10: modem audio is not heard from speakers using win10

Discus and support modem audio is not heard from speakers using win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; the audio was there before win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielConsula1, Apr 3, 2020.

1. modem audio is not heard from speakers using win10

the audio was there before win10

:)

DanielConsula1, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    audio and speakers problems

Hi,

It is possible that audios and speakers were not recognized due to wrong configuration settings or outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried connecting your speaker/headphone to another device and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried connecting another speakers/headphones and check if the issue still persists?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter by clicking on this
    link
    . It will let you automatically diagnose audio problems and will provide you a remedy.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices. This will identify and diagnose technical issues. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the upper right part of the Control Panel window, type
      Troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to proceed with the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your PC and check if the issue still persist.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

modem audio is not heard from speakers using win10

New Win10 update killed my audio

Since you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest driver of your audio card, we suggest you to follow the steps below to check if the speaker has been set as default in the Playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the right bottom of the desktop.
    • Click on Playback devices to see a list of devices connected to the system.
    • If it is not listed, it is possible that the device has been disabled because of the update. Right click and select
      Show Disabled Devices.
    • If your device is listed after this, right click on the speaker and select
      enable
    • Right click on the speaker and click Set as Default option present at the bottom of the same window.

If the issue persists, you can try to roll back driver if it is available in the options. To rollback the driver, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.

If the Roll Back Driver is not available, you may try to install an older version of your audio driver from the Manufacturer's website. You need to uninstall first all the devices for Sound, video and game controllers under the Device Manager (HD Audio Device
    and NVIDIA Audio Device) before reinstalling the driver.

Let us know the status of the issue so we can assist you more.

Eric Ber, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

modem audio is not heard from speakers using win10

1. modem audio is not heard from speakers using win10 - Similar Threads - modem audio heard

2. Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?: My mother just died, and I've been needing to fax copies of my mom's death certificate to various places. It's either fax it or snail mail it, and for some reason they insist on "certified copies" of the death certificate if I snail mail it, and those cost money to get from...
  3. Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?: My mother just died, and I've been needing to fax copies of my mom's death certificate to various places. It's either fax it or snail mail it, and for some reason they insist on "certified copies" of the death certificate if I snail mail it, and those cost money to get from...
  4. Static Audio heard on laptop speaker/headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static Audio heard on laptop speaker/headphones: Hello, and hope everyone is having a nice day so far! Anyways, I need help. This issue started yesterday. When I plug in to hear music, in a few minutes, I start hearing static sound that is interfering with the music I’m listening to. I tried disabling, reinstalling, and...
  5. Static Audio heard on laptop speaker/headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static Audio heard on laptop speaker/headphones: Hello, and hope everyone is having a nice day so far! Anyways, I need help. This issue started yesterday. When I plug in to hear music, in a few minutes, I start hearing static sound that is interfering with the music I’m listening to. I tried disabling, reinstalling, and...
  6. Audio is heard to the fullest and saturated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio is heard to the fullest and saturated: [ATTACH] Hello, I have a problem for a while with the audio on my pc. When using applications (especially discord, microsoft teams) the audio is heard at the maximum and very saturated, although I put the audio at 1% it is as if it were at the maximum, like the picture. I...
  7. Audio not heard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not heard: having a problem hearing sound from my PC speakers whem playing youtube videos etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-heard/5b434b22-3aec-4ba1-bbcd-62a0450da49c
  8. disabling speakers ,virtual cable use & hearing audio from PC Speakers

disabling speakers ,virtual cable use & hearing audio from PC Speakers: I have software that requires the use of a Virtual Cable, in order to get the sound from the Internet source into this software I must disable the PC speakers and enable the Virtual Cable IN ,under Windows 10 user interface PLAYBACK audio setup . . . this puts the audio from...
  9. Win10 buzzing from speakers

Win10 buzzing from speakers: So having had an issue crop up where getting a buzzing sound from my 5.1 speakers setup and not from hdmi or coax out. Two things, make sure speakers are not next to or by another speaker tv ect. as this will mute the speaker. Next make sure speaker is not too close to any...
  10. Modem use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modem use: Hi All, I am new to using Win10, and I would like to find out if Windows 10 will utilize an internal modem? I have an Asus laptop, it does NOT have an internal modem, nor could I find a place for it when it was running Win8.1. I would like to know this before I upgrade my...