Windows 10: Modem Not Working... Orange Lights?

Discus and support Modem Not Working... Orange Lights? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey all got a question. The internet does not work at my parent's place. They said the netgear modem they have dropped but it was a very short drop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by paulyjustin, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Modem Not Working... Orange Lights?

Hey all got a question. The internet does not work at my parent's place. They said the netgear modem they have dropped but it was a very short drop. Basically imagine you have a very short table that you put that modem on... but when it falls, its basically very short as the distance is short. The lights do show but many of them are range. They currently use optimum online.

Model is netgear n600.I was told that when they try to connect to wifi from their phone, they get a message like this

The coaxial cable is not properly connected.

Check and tighten the coaxial cable from the wall to the back of the cable modem.

If the cable is properly connected and you still do not have internet connection

Click continue

When they clicked on continueIt says

Verify that the coaxial cable is not damaged

They are not tech savy at all. And they don't speak english that well. I told them to basically unplug all the wires and plug it back in to see if there are any issues. They said same issue. However, i asked what about the coaxial cable and they said it seemed very tight to the modem etc. So they could not take it out.Can someone tell me how they could fix this issue or what could possibly be the issue for this? It started recently and they said it did dropbut it was a short drop. Can someone tell me what is the possible issue with this?

:)

paulyjustin, Mar 4, 2018

2. WiFi problem on N97

HY JUST WENT FOR THE HARD RESET THEN I ADDED MY MODEM TO IT AND MADE PRIORATY 1 BUT STILL NO GOOD IT STILL CONNECTS VIA ORANGE WAP IT DOSNT SEEM TO WORK, IM NOT SURE BUT I FINK IT MITE NOT BE KEEPING CONNECTED TO MY MODEM I PRESS CONNECT AND IT DOES BUT
    STILL CONNECTS VIA ORANGE WAP . PLEASE HELP I WANT TO DOWNLOAD BBCIPLAYER TO PHONE LOL
    Message Edited by on 05-Oct-2009 11:16 PM

stevendye29, Mar 4, 2018
  3. Using N73 as modem via infrared

Hi Mistermobile,

There is apparently no such "Modem" option with N73 (I can see this option described in E61 manual but it doesn't exists in N73).

Apparently to use the phone as modem I need to define a "Packet Data" configuration and to enter an "Access point".

I tried this but it still doesn't work, question is :

What exactly do I have to enter in the "Access Point" field ? The name of the access point I defined ("Orange World") or the access point from my provider "orange".

Thanks again and best regards

Emmanuel

emarchiset, Mar 4, 2018
  4. Modem Not Working... Orange Lights?

So i then spoke to the person on the phone. They asked me if they modem shows lights. So when it works, there should be all green lights but one light that is orange that woulds it works. Well there is 3 orange lights and 2 green lights. So based on that, that would mean this has to do with the modem right?

Also they told me the coaxial cable has to be removed with a wrench and you cannot take it out like regular wire from the modem etc.

Does anyone know if resetting this netgear router could possibly solve this issue? They said they could have someone to come over to fix this issue but anyone think resetting the modem could possibly fix this? Because i rather try that if its that simple. The other thing is this. I want to make sure the wifi connection name and the password is the same as before. So if one were to reset this modem, they can easily do that right? If they have someone from optimum come over, they could ask them to make the wifi connection and password the one they have currently? Like to know what you all think is the best option here. I also like to add there was huge winds not that long ago. It wasn't a storm but lot of wind that blew off a lot of physical items etc. Does anyone think that could have caused this? The thing is the coaxial cable which is connected to the netgear modem... it actually goes outside as well through the window etc. So maybe that got damaged?

paulyjustin, Mar 4, 2018
  5. Ceekur Win User
    You've got multiple pieces in play here so you need isolate which device is the problem. Disconnect the modem from the router (this will be the Ethernet cable to router's WAN port.) Connect the modem directly to a computer's Ethernet port. Open your browser and try to connect to a website. If this works, you've confirmed that the modem and the coax cable aren't the problem. If this fails, swap out the coax cable and repeat the web surf test after you've power cycled (off/on) the cable modem.

Once you've gotten the modem talking to the computer's Ethernet you can reconnect the modem's WAN port to the router and power cycle the router. It may take a few minutes for the router to go through all it's connection processes so wait until you see the Internet status light turn green ... then try to connect the computer via wi-fi.

Ceekur, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Modem Not Working... Orange Lights?

1. Modem Not Working... Orange Lights? - Similar Threads - Modem Working Orange

2. acer aspire 1 won’t turn on but blue and orange light works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    acer aspire 1 won’t turn on but blue and orange light works: I was just on my acer aspire 1 but it was buffering a lot of i decided to restart it. now it won’t boot up but the blue light turns on. i’ve tried plugging it in and it still hasn’t worked. I’ve tried holding the power button down for 15 seconds AND 30 seconds and that hasn’t...
  3. acer aspire 1 won’t turn on but blue and orange light works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    acer aspire 1 won’t turn on but blue and orange light works: I was just on my acer aspire 1 but it was buffering a lot of i decided to restart it. now it won’t boot up but the blue light turns on. i’ve tried plugging it in and it still hasn’t worked. I’ve tried holding the power button down for 15 seconds AND 30 seconds and that hasn’t...
  4. Orange Light At Modem Port When Inserting a Cable Open At Other End

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Orange Light At Modem Port When Inserting a Cable Open At Other End: Plugging in an Ethernet cable that's open at the other end to an AT&T TV Pace Plc Model 5268AC I get an orange flickering light. This would be one of the 4 ports available at the rear. I plug in other cables that are not connected at the other end and no light. Bad Cable?...
  5. Screen Orange on one login -- it's not Night Light

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Orange on one login -- it's not Night Light: Hi Everyone, I did some research on this site but couldn't find an answer to my question. I have two desktop logins to my Dell XPS 9550 -- two users. Logging in one produces a nice, normal laptop screen. Logging in the other produces an orange laptop screen. It's not...
  6. Taskbar orange light

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar orange light: I got a problem about orange shining. It used to shine when I get notification in the app, and after opening the app this orange light used to disappear. But now even if I open app and check the notification, it keeps shining orange until I close the app. How I can fix it?...
  7. Modem activity light blinking continuously

Modem activity light blinking continuously: Suddenly the modem / router activity light is blinking continuously even without any network / internet traffic (when the computer is on of course) The Modem / router is an Arris I found this a few days ago in reliability history, anything to do with it? Installation...
  8. Modem activity light blinking continuously

in Windows 10 Support
    Modem activity light blinking continuously: Suddenly the modem / router activity light is blinking continuously even without any network / internet traffic (when the computer is on of course) The Modem / router is an Arris I found this a few days ago in reliability history, anything to do with it? Installation...
  9. Orange battery light on laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Orange battery light on laptop: I have an Asus RGO G750JM laptop which is showing me an orange light showing next to the power light. I have renewed the battery but no go any any ideas appreciated*Rolleyes. NB machine does run on power adaptor only and even when it is unplugged so I am at a loss as to why...
  10. Modem lights keep blinking but no internet

Modem lights keep blinking but no internet: I am using TP-Link W8968 model since last year. Since last 3-4 days, the internet works fine without any problem but suddenly after few min or hours, internet light and LAN light continuously blinking even I don't surf anything. To find out what is happening in the...