Windows 10: modem reboot

Discus and support modem reboot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I rebooted the modem this morning trying to hook up Sonos speaker for update and when the modem came back on line it was under a different name and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mcjeffs, Aug 28, 2018.

1. mcjeffs Win User

modem reboot

I rebooted the modem this morning trying to hook up Sonos speaker for update and when the modem came back on line it was under a different name and now Sonos nor Netflix recognizes the 'new' network. the original network name is not an option. Why? how do I get the original one back?

:)

mcjeffs, Aug 28, 2018
  2. Darren Win User

Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Aug 28, 2018
  3. ZTE MODEM is not working on Creators update.

Hi,

Your modem's driver may not be compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update, thus the error message you're receiving. Here are our suggestions for fixing the issue:

1) Update the modem driver through Device Manager.

• Press your Windows key and type Device Manager.
    • Right-click on it then look for the driver related to your ZTE
      modem.
    • Once located, click on the drop down button and choose Update driver.

2) Contact the modem's manufacturer.

• Since this issue also deals with a third-party product, contacting the support team of your manufacturer would also be a good step to take.

Let us know if you need more help.

Jairit Bet, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

modem reboot

HSPA USB Modem

Hi,

To find out more about the modem issues that you’re experiencing after installing Creators Update, we just have a few questions for you:

• Can your laptop still detect the modem when you plug it in?

• What's the make and model of your laptop?

• What's the make and model of your USB modem?

• Is the modem plug-and-play or do you have to install a separate software to make it work?

• Do you receive an error message? If yes, please post a screenshot.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

• Which network driver is on your laptop?

Note: To check the network drivers on your device, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Device Manager.

• Click the drop-down arrow under Network Adapter.

We look forward to your response.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

modem reboot

1. modem reboot - Similar Threads - modem reboot

2. Unable to play ANY games after several factory resets and router/modem reboots. What should...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play ANY games after several factory resets and router/modem reboots. What should...: I've been having this issue for the past week and it is driving me absolutely crazy. As the question above states, I am UNABLE to PLAY any sort of games from multiple sources such as Steam or the Xbox app on my Windows 10 Lenevo computer. This is still a fairly new computer,...
  3. Unable to play ANY games after several factory resets and router/modem reboots. What should...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to play ANY games after several factory resets and router/modem reboots. What should...: I've been having this issue for the past week and it is driving me absolutely crazy. As the question above states, I am UNABLE to PLAY any sort of games from multiple sources such as Steam or the Xbox app on my Windows 10 Lenevo computer. This is still a fairly new computer,...
  4. i don't have voice chat in roblox from microsoft, i rebooted the modem/router, turned off...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i don't have voice chat in roblox from microsoft, i rebooted the modem/router, turned off...: i don't have voice chat in roblox from microsoft, i rebooted the modem/router, turned off and on VC, turned off and on 2FA and reinstalled roblox, but still won't work VC...
  5. i don't have voice chat in roblox from microsoft, i rebooted the modem/router, turned off...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i don't have voice chat in roblox from microsoft, i rebooted the modem/router, turned off...: i don't have voice chat in roblox from microsoft, i rebooted the modem/router, turned off and on VC, turned off and on 2FA and reinstalled roblox, but still won't work VC...
  6. i don't have voice chat in roblox from microsoft, i rebooted the modem/router, turned off...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. my laptop always requires me to reboot modem in order to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop always requires me to reboot modem in order to connect to wifi: please advise how to resolve issue about having to reboot modem every time I want to connect my laptop to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-always-requires-me-to-reboot-modem-in/ae42d1cc-51a7-4eda-956a-f53adcf15d30
  8. Windows 10 Wifi is not connecting automatically after a modem rebooting too long

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Wifi is not connecting automatically after a modem rebooting too long: We have a newer modem. It takes 2+ minutes for the modem to reboot. Wifi is connecting for the 1st minute and then since internet is not back yet it's giving up. Action needed message is appearing by the time the modem is completely back with Internet. I don't have...
  9. Windows 10 - Manual Modem Reboot required often

Windows 10 - Manual Modem Reboot required often: Hi Windows Brainstrust, I have a problem where I need to manually reboot my modem just about every time I start up and log onto Windows10. In fact it may take a few attempts before I can access the internet. Network Status shows as "Connected to the Internet" and Diagnostic...
  10. Have to reboot modem every start up and when computer sleeps

Have to reboot modem every start up and when computer sleeps: Just set up HP Envy with Windows 10 (first time working with 10), Comcast Xfinity service, and Netgear CM600 modem. Main problem is upon start up or waking from sleep the modem has to be reset by disconnecting the cable from the computer or modem for 1 minute; originally shut...