Windows 10: Modem/Wi-Fi/PC

Discus and support Modem/Wi-Fi/PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can you, using a RJ45 male to 3 way female splitter (at the Modem), combine hard wiring (Ethernet Cat-5) to a Wi-Fi router, and to two PC's? IOW, can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by miata54, Jun 21, 2020.

1. miata54 Win User

Modem/Wi-Fi/PC

Can you, using a RJ45 male to 3 way female splitter (at the Modem), combine hard wiring (Ethernet Cat-5) to a Wi-Fi router, and to two PC's? IOW, can I use both Wi-Fi and Ethernet cabling on a PC at the same time? I'm trying to maximize my download speeds for gaming.

Thanks

:)

miata54, Jun 21, 2020
  2. craigmh74 Win User

PC connection issue (Wi-Fi)

I have 2 PCs hooked up, both running Windows 10. My PC in the living room is connected directly to the cable modem and I am using a portable Wi-Fi adapter (Netgear Genie) for my PC in the bedroom. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when I lost my Wi-Fi signal in the bedroom. The Wi-Fi icon disappeared from the taskbar. So I thought it may be the adapter. So I moved the PC into the living room and connected it directly. Well....nothing. There is still no signal. The wi-fi in my house is still active because I'm able to use my cell phone and tablet. So...any suggestions? If what I wrote is unclear let me know. Thanks.

Craig

craigmh74, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jun 21, 2020
  4. allant51 Win User

Modem/Wi-Fi/PC

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Modem/Wi-Fi/PC

1. Modem/Wi-Fi/PC - Similar Threads - Modem

2. how to install a wifi 7 wireless modem in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to install a wifi 7 wireless modem in windows 11: I am trying to install a wifi 7 wireless adapter in windows 11 I installed the drivers for the wifi 7 adapter. In device manager under network adapters, the new drivers does not show up. The 6hz band does not show up. There is no wifi 2....
  3. how to install a wifi 7 wireless modem in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install a wifi 7 wireless modem in windows 11: I am trying to install a wifi 7 wireless adapter in windows 11 I installed the drivers for the wifi 7 adapter. In device manager under network adapters, the new drivers does not show up. The 6hz band does not show up. There is no wifi 2....
  4. Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e: I have a Latitude 7530 with a Dw5811e Snapdragon x7 LTE modem. I have AT&T LTE service with a sim card installed. and my internet works. even thought it shows "identifying" However, when i try to enable the hotspot feature and share the connection over wifi I receive the...
  5. Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e

Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e: I have a Latitude 7530 with a Dw5811e Snapdragon x7 LTE modem. I have AT&T LTE service with a sim card installed. and my internet works. even thought it shows "identifying" However, when i try to enable the hotspot feature and share the connection over wifi I receive the...
  6. New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...: Have a new Dell desk top. HP printer, not fancy or sophisticated. Worked together fine until we had to get a new modem from Xfinity. Now the printer is not recognized by the computer, or iPhone or iPad, so nothing will print. How can we get the modem to allow the printer and...
  7. New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...

New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...: Have a new Dell desk top. HP printer, not fancy or sophisticated. Worked together fine until we had to get a new modem from Xfinity. Now the printer is not recognized by the computer, or iPhone or iPad, so nothing will print. How can we get the modem to allow the printer and...
  8. Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes: Hi there , i have a problem with my HSPA modem 3G, driver version 2.0.5.9. It works well on windows 8 and i am using windows 11. I did upgrade my computer from windows 10 to 11 Pro 23H2 last year and it worked well with my windows 10 . I tried to do compatability troubleshoot...
  9. Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes

Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes: Hi there , i have a problem with my HSPA modem 3G, driver version 2.0.5.9. It works well on windows 8 and i am using windows 11. I did upgrade my computer from windows 10 to 11 Pro 23H2 last year and it worked well with my windows 10 . I tried to do compatability troubleshoot...
  10. Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?: My mother just died, and I've been needing to fax copies of my mom's death certificate to various places. It's either fax it or snail mail it, and for some reason they insist on "certified copies" of the death certificate if I snail mail it, and those cost money to get from...