Windows 10: modems

Discus and support modems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My modem and computer will not communicate through the ethernet cable. Any ideas on what might be causing this? it says connected secured, not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oniasay, Nov 20, 2020.

1. oniasay Win User

modems

My modem and computer will not communicate through the ethernet cable. Any ideas on what might be causing this? it says connected secured, not connected back and fourth. it says ethernet cable unplugged. it cant be the modem, because my other computer is plugged into it and has no issues. I have checked the ethernet cable through my other pc and its fine, i tried connecting in other ports and I'm still not able to stay connected. I'm running windows 10. I had this issue with win 8.1 so I upgraded to win 10 and the problem still exist.

HELP!!

:)

oniasay, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Darren Win User

Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Nov 20, 2020
  3. ZTE MODEM is not working on Creators update.

Hi,

Your modem's driver may not be compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update, thus the error message you're receiving. Here are our suggestions for fixing the issue:

1) Update the modem driver through Device Manager.

• Press your Windows key and type Device Manager.
    • Right-click on it then look for the driver related to your ZTE
      modem.
    • Once located, click on the drop down button and choose Update driver.

2) Contact the modem's manufacturer.

• Since this issue also deals with a third-party product, contacting the support team of your manufacturer would also be a good step to take.

Let us know if you need more help.

Jairit Bet, Nov 20, 2020
  4. modems

Issues with Dial up connection using Vodafone USB modem, Windows 10

Hi Jay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Do you see network signals showing as connected in the taskbar?
    2. May I know the model of the Vodafone modem you are using?

Please refer to
    Mobile Broadband Software for Windows 10
    for the list of modem models which support Windows 10. We would suggest you to download the software utility from the article and check if it resolves the issue.

We would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to check for the drivers for modem.

1. Connect the USB modem.
    2. Open Device Manager by searching for it in search bar.
    3. Locate and expand Universal serial bus Controllers in the list.
    4. Check if the driver are displayed under the tree.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

modems

1. modems - Similar Threads - modems

2. Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e: I have a Latitude 7530 with a Dw5811e Snapdragon x7 LTE modem. I have AT&T LTE service with a sim card installed. and my internet works. even thought it shows "identifying" However, when i try to enable the hotspot feature and share the connection over wifi I receive the...
  3. Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e: I have a Latitude 7530 with a Dw5811e Snapdragon x7 LTE modem. I have AT&T LTE service with a sim card installed. and my internet works. even thought it shows "identifying" However, when i try to enable the hotspot feature and share the connection over wifi I receive the...
  4. New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...: Have a new Dell desk top. HP printer, not fancy or sophisticated. Worked together fine until we had to get a new modem from Xfinity. Now the printer is not recognized by the computer, or iPhone or iPad, so nothing will print. How can we get the modem to allow the printer and...
  5. New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...

New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...: Have a new Dell desk top. HP printer, not fancy or sophisticated. Worked together fine until we had to get a new modem from Xfinity. Now the printer is not recognized by the computer, or iPhone or iPad, so nothing will print. How can we get the modem to allow the printer and...
  6. Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes: Hi there , i have a problem with my HSPA modem 3G, driver version 2.0.5.9. It works well on windows 8 and i am using windows 11. I did upgrade my computer from windows 10 to 11 Pro 23H2 last year and it worked well with my windows 10 . I tried to do compatability troubleshoot...
  7. Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes

Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes: Hi there , i have a problem with my HSPA modem 3G, driver version 2.0.5.9. It works well on windows 8 and i am using windows 11. I did upgrade my computer from windows 10 to 11 Pro 23H2 last year and it worked well with my windows 10 . I tried to do compatability troubleshoot...
  8. Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?: My mother just died, and I've been needing to fax copies of my mom's death certificate to various places. It's either fax it or snail mail it, and for some reason they insist on "certified copies" of the death certificate if I snail mail it, and those cost money to get from...
  9. Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?

Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?: My mother just died, and I've been needing to fax copies of my mom's death certificate to various places. It's either fax it or snail mail it, and for some reason they insist on "certified copies" of the death certificate if I snail mail it, and those cost money to get from...
  10. My laptop won't connect to internet either via wifi or a modem [both of which are working...

My laptop won't connect to internet either via wifi or a modem [both of which are working...: My laptop won't connect to internet either via wifi or a modem [both of which are working properly] It connects but it says no internet, secured. On my other laptop everything works properly.I tried network reseti tried flushing the DNS cache...